PDA

View Full Version : favorite levels to play?

boots
7th Jul 2007, 06:59
Just what the title says, really. Lately I've been putting off finishing the game in order to replay older levels... at first, just to listen to the commentaries (I love things like that, so I got impatient :D ) and try out a couple of timed trials (got mountain caves and Vilacabamba so far... ha) but then eventually I ended up playing them just to play. For sport, one might say. ;) I should also mention that I've never replayed a TR game like this before... if I ever wanted to replay one, I'd start from the beginning and work through the entire thing.

Anyway, the level I seem to wind up going back to most is St. Francis' Folly, just a huge room of death with a great sense of accomplishment once you're finished. I never get tired of the feeling of awe you get running down that absurd spiral stair and out into the main puzzle room. That or Midas' Palace. If I want something lighter, I'll go back to the Cistern (don't usually bother with the boss fight, so technically it's just the Cistern) or the Lost Valley and trek around for a bit. It's very relaxing... for the most part... :whistle:

I was going to make a poll at first, but I don't think there's room for all the options, so... does anyone else have a level they just keep going back to? Or plan to? What about a level you wouldn't replay again even for cash? :D I found it strange that this game had that effect on me, so I was wondering if it was happening to everyone else, too.

And as a completely off-my-own-topic question, do you get anything for getting all kills, or is that just a handy statistic?

Cheers.

Tiri Li
7th Jul 2007, 07:59
Kills is jsut a handy statistic, I belive.

I'm not sure what my faovrite level is, I like most of them. I guess at the moment it's the collisieum because it's short simple and fun. ^^

Bampire
7th Jul 2007, 09:00
Natla's mines - Always been a favourite, and it's so easy to beat. Easier than the original.

Atlantis/great pyramid - I love the challenge of trying to go up to the top of the Great Pyramid, within a short amount of time.

Temple of Khamoon - I loved the level from the start, but I hate jumping on top of the statues, that move. e.e It's frustrating.

Palace Midas - fun to play, shorter than the original.

Phlip
7th Jul 2007, 10:27
I'm always drawn to Caves, City of Vilcabamba, Lost Valley, St Francis' folly and City of Khamoon. :)

L3ggy
7th Jul 2007, 13:23
Peru, Great Pyramid, Final Conflict, Tomb of Tihocan

Demarest
7th Jul 2007, 15:10
PeruPeru is not a level, but contains four levels.

As for rewards, You can find a complete list here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488). Kills have nothing to do with it.

L3ggy
7th Jul 2007, 18:24
Peru is not a level, but contains four levels.

As for rewards, You can find a complete list here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488). Kills have nothing to do with it.

I know peru ain't a level i wrote peru 'cause i love all the levels in peru.

RaiderGirl#1
7th Jul 2007, 20:34
I haven't finished the game yet but my favorite levels were probably The Lost Valley and St. Francis' Folly

RitaG18
29th Jul 2007, 04:09
I've just finished around an hour or two ago Egypt levels for the artifacts, and I wouldn't want to play them again. I hate those levels. I hate the enemies, I hate the traps, I hate the enviroment. There's nothing in this level I like. Well, except the lovely cat relic.

My favorite level is got to be St. Folly. I LOVE that level. I love the puzzles, I love the enviroment. Lost valley is also a nice level.

Spong
29th Jul 2007, 04:16
All the levels in Anniversary have a certain sheen to them that makes me want to keep playing them.

Except The Coliseum and Tomb of Tihocan (and by Tomb of Tihocan I mean The Cistern). There's no real point to them any more (certainly not after CD were let loose on them with a blunt scalpel).

ElevenTR
29th Jul 2007, 08:30
I haven't finished the game yet but my favorite levels were probably The Lost Valley and St. Francis' Folly

yeah mines the lost valley too :D i also like Tomb Of Qualopec, and Tomb Of Tihocan ( i love the centaurs!!!:lmao: :lmao: )

Jezyk
29th Jul 2007, 11:41
Hmm:
Mountain Caves - I love this raw, cold environment, and this feeling of the beginning of the adventure, Lara knows very little of what awaits her etc. ;)
Lost Valley - as in TR1, I like replaying the level, the T-rex fight, the cutscenes, the waterfall...
St. Francis Folly - very satisfying to accomplish, lacks some replayability to me though
Temple of Khamoon - quite easy to beat, very very pretty, lots of enemies to do the AD and finding the relic is so simple ;)

Sanctuary of the Scion was my favorite level to replay in TR1, but now it's pretty boring :/

And to finish, levels I HATE and don't ever want to replay:
The Obelisk of Khamoon
The Great Pyramid

BTW it's a pity you can't save while replaying the level! (when you choose it from the main menu)

TouchOfPink
29th Jul 2007, 12:15
I love Temple Of Khamoon, The Final Conflict and St Francis Folly - especially the Poseidon room, I love the atmosphere and music, extremely enjoyable and relaxing :)
I actually like all levels apart from Natla's Mines, I find it very frustrating :o

Kilo
29th Jul 2007, 18:15
The only one I have replayed so far is The Lost valley.

If I replay any others, they will most likely be levels 11, 4, 2, 1 or 14. I liked level 5 but I can't be bothered playing it again.

Below Zero
29th Jul 2007, 18:39
I did enjoy The Lost Valley and The City Of Vilcabamba.

Resy
29th Jul 2007, 19:27
Hard to pick a favorite level though I will say I hated the last few lol I loved Peru and Egypt. The Lost Valley was really cool. I loved the ancient tomb feel and the lush jungle. Much better then the black sky of TR1.

boots
30th Jul 2007, 00:30
Looks like Lost Valley's definitely a winner with everyone. :thumbsup: That and St. Francis Folly, definitely two of the best designed levels. They're gorgeous and the gameplay is excellent. More like these please, CD.

Since I started this thread I have weeded out a new favorite, the Obelisk of Khamoon (even though it originally contained one of my LEAST favorite rooms... the room is still there, but I actually enjoy it now that I can get through it. :D ) Poor Obelisk doesn't get enough love! I find it a great puzzle room in the same vein as St. Francis Folly.