PDA

View Full Version : Outfits theory...what do you think?

Rusty_DK
7th Jul 2007, 00:58
I was thinking about the outfits and how they all were involved in a major turning point for the TR series. Hence which is why I think the outfits were chosen and why there isnt so many.

Let me explain. First we have the anniversary outfit, pays homage to the original TR outfit. Then we have Legend outfit, which brought the series back from the brink of extinction, then we have the camoflage outfit which was in AOD which nearly killed the series, then we have original, which is pretty self explainatory, the wetsuit from TR2 - has been said to be one of the best TR games to date and sold very well too...and the others pay homage to TR1...

let me know if Ive missed any but thats why I think those outfits were chosen to celebrate ten years of tomb raider...

boots
7th Jul 2007, 01:08
Wasn't the wetsuit the first time in the game itself (not the training levels) that she changed outfits? I think it might have been.

That's a pretty good theory, actually. There's also the catsuit but I think regardless of the working logic, that one really got in on sex appeal alone. :rolleyes: But I guess that's as good a reason as any. It's Lara, after all. :D

If they were doing iconic outfits, I would have liked to have seen her snow jacket from TR2 as well, but I'm pretty happy with what they gave us.

Below Zero
7th Jul 2007, 02:12
I never really though about it, but now that i have I feel the same way. Those certain outfits were chosen for a reason and i think that may be why.:scratch:

Rusty_DK
9th Jul 2007, 11:41
well i guess it could also be argued that the catsuit was one of the fav outfits...i dunno though, I cant back that up

naraku
11th Jul 2007, 09:11
What, Wasn't the Camo in TR3. I remember that much cause that's one of my main reasons for disliking TR3.

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 09:15
Im not good enough to have actually got any out fit rewards yet!!!! haha!!! speeking of outfits in general, i quite like the trousers and blue jumper on legend, i thought it was cool.

CatSuit&Ponytail
11th Jul 2007, 09:16
well i guess it could also be argued that the catsuit was one of the fav outfits...i dunno though, I cant back that up
I can. ;) :D :lol: :p

naraku
11th Jul 2007, 10:27
Bikini Where's the Bikinni.:mad2: Ever since TR2 the back of the case shows her in a black bikini with a BIG GUN. I Don't remember the bikini or the BIG GUN in the whole game. And I've been wondering where are they. I think Legend has them as unlockables but TRA does not. Although I must say I do like her in the corporate attire. She looks ready for some serious business.:nut:

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 11:29
Im not good enough to have actually got any outfit rewards yet!!!!

Nonsense. If you can pass the first level, you already possess everything you need to get the first relic. :)

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 11:59
aww, well i have to go back and play through everything to collect all the secrets and things, im on egypt at the moment (finally realised i kept accidently spelling it ejypt by accident)

but so far i have not been awarded an out fit,

boo hoo

Jezyk
11th Jul 2007, 12:21
Well the relic in the first level of Egypt is pretty easy to get. You only need to keep your eyes opened at the end of the level (the room with big door and four columns).

naraku
11th Jul 2007, 20:26
Easy in Egypt:confused: Do tell cause I'd like to find it. I remember nothing in Egypt being easy:mad2: Smashing walls while jumping on poles while dodging spinning blades. Where's the easy part?

Demarest
12th Jul 2007, 00:13
Well since we're talking Egypt and we're talking relics, we're talking about Temple of Khamoon's Mummified Cat and Sanctuary of the Scion's Horus Idol. The former IS easy to get. The latter however is quite complex. In fact, it was the only one I didn't get on my own. I could see parts of how to get to it, but I never tried to put it all together.

Rusty_DK
12th Jul 2007, 07:45
What, Wasn't the Camo in TR3. I remember that much cause that's one of my main reasons for disliking TR3.

look its all open to everyones interpretation but I felt the camo outfit was the AOD outfit...I think she was wearing blue camo in TR3 with a shorter top, if were gonna be picky hehe

naraku
12th Jul 2007, 07:56
look its all open to everyones interpretation but I felt the camo outfit was the AOD outfit...I think she was wearing blue camo in TR3 with a shorter top, if were gonna be picky hehe

I didn't want to hurt your feelings I'm just a fan I have to put my two cents in that's all. I still say bring back the Bikinni with the gun!

Jezyk
12th Jul 2007, 11:33
Yeah, I'm talking about the Temple of Khamoon. You only have to do a few jumps by the end of the level. IMHO it's the easiest relic to get.
If you have trouble finding the relics, Stella's got it laid out very well at http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/anniversary.html.

jazzyD
12th Jul 2007, 13:52
i don't really like the outfit except for legend and AOD