PDA

View Full Version : Poll: The puzzle at the beginning of Sanctuary of the Scion

RebeL_fARmeR
6th Jul 2007, 14:33
You know the puzzle where you have to rotate the stone columns to mach up the pictures to raise the pillar in the middle of the room?

Did you...

Lectrician
6th Jul 2007, 14:41
I needed a "solved it by dumb luck and random turning" option.

Phlip
6th Jul 2007, 14:42
I dunno. :scratch:

Me, my Dad and the rest of the family I suppose watch me play Tomb Raider so it's like a family tradition. We just figured it out in about 10 minutes. :)

KoenBelien
6th Jul 2007, 14:45
Ditto.

Mangar The Dark
6th Jul 2007, 15:01
I knew what I had to do, and I tried to do it for a while without much luck. Then I thought, "Heck, I don't want to play Myst, I want to play Tomb Raider!" so I used a walkthrough.

RebeL_fARmeR
6th Jul 2007, 15:10
Ditto.

Ditto her as well!

I just spun them around a bit and somehow completed it... Appart from last night, second attempt, where I played with them for 15 minutes trying to be logical about it... Then decided "screw this" and hit the walkthrough!

Demarest
6th Jul 2007, 15:21
I voted walkthrough. But I DID try to work it out myself for a bit.

Tomb Radar
6th Jul 2007, 15:40

LOL. Me too. I know the combination now though. :)

Jezyk
6th Jul 2007, 16:14
First I've been turning them randomly. Then I saw how they're working and tried to solve it logically. I did it after half an hour, more or less. But I guess I had lots of luck too.

Tara C
6th Jul 2007, 18:01
I chose give up altogether and used a walkthrough but the thing is...

i DID give up but DIDNT use a walkthrough.... i got my boyfriend to do it haha hes good with puzzles and things like that...i did try though so i deserve praise for trying haha :rasp: then after a stressed half hour i threw the control at my boyfriend and went go on you know what to do i knooooo you doooo!!!

Lara Cruz
6th Jul 2007, 18:26
Should add another option.
I used a LONG time, but I didnt get frustrated or anything. I love being stuck.

boots
6th Jul 2007, 19:44
I fiddled with it for a few minutes, then went to a walkthrough because I have no patience for puzzles like that, or maybe just that puzzle in particular. I liked the other big ones in the Khamoon/Sanctuary levels better, with the light obelisks and the obelisks with the blocks in the walls. A little more involvement than just "turnturn - look back to see what happened - turnturnturn - look back to see what happened - turn..."

Lunideth
6th Jul 2007, 20:31
First i tunrned them randomly but after i noticed how they work i solved it in about 10 min.

RAZMAT
7th Jul 2007, 00:36
could at first get the basic gist of it,but it just did'nt seem to work.read the walkthrough,but did'nt get back to it til the next day,so i forgot what it said,so i just just played with it and i guess i got lucky because it did'nt take too long to get it.

NightRain'06
7th Jul 2007, 00:44
I was about to give up on that part too. Couldn't figure out how to match up the hieroglyphics on the rotating stones from the walls for a while.

But like Lectrician said, by dumb luck I was able to pass it. I don't know if I could do it again; I don't remember the pattern. :mad2:

My vote went to the third one "Work it out after ages, leaving you angry." Though, I wasn't angry. Just proud of myself for passing through. :)

Rusty_DK
7th Jul 2007, 01:01
The tips Lara gives are pointless too I think...

"These must control something"

Oh really Lara! You're so smart, thank god you're here to clarify that for me...

thecoolstinger
7th Jul 2007, 04:41
demarest gave the easiest way to do it in one of his posts. this was one of the puzzles in the game where i was like "i will brainstorm this and solve it myself" and i thought that , there were 3 walls with pictures on them and one missing symbol, so i tried to point that symbol at the wall where it would be, it was ruuuhhh tarded and somehow i luckily got it

Captain Mazda
7th Jul 2007, 04:56

Quoted for truth.

Tiri Li
7th Jul 2007, 08:00
I figured it out pretty quickly, I just wasn't sure which of the turny thing needed to be the same as the other turny thing.

If that makes sence.

Bampire
7th Jul 2007, 09:02
You move the far back left two times, clock wise.

Then move the one on the opposite side (Front right) around twice, clock wise.

There you go.

*Edit*This will make more sense-

http://i18.tinypic.com/68k09iw.png

Demarest
7th Jul 2007, 15:07
You move the far back left two times, clock wise.

Then move the one on the opposite side (Front right) around twice, clock wise.

It's a four position dial, so either direction will be the same.

thecoolstinger
7th Jul 2007, 17:30
yes he is telling you the truth you can turn either of them in any direction twice

TR4ever
7th Jul 2007, 17:51
I found that puzzle very easy, it was similar to another puzzle the level before i mean all you had to do was to look at the pic. on the wall and then turn the stones. I´m in Sanctuary of the Scion, in the part with the huge statues, didn´t use any walktroughts till now and i won´t do it just like i never did ( except with legend, i was having trouble with the last gold reward). I´m playing in hard mode, manual grab, no hint icons, and my guns are on advanced toggle mode, just like the original games, you press one botton and weapons draw, you press it again and they go to holdsters, i´m one hardcore fan.

TR4ever
7th Jul 2007, 17:56
I fiddled with it for a few minutes, then went to a walkthrough because I have no patience for puzzles like that, or maybe just that puzzle in particular. I liked the other big ones in the Khamoon/Sanctuary levels better, with the light obelisks and the obelisks with the blocks in the walls. A little more involvement than just "turnturn - look back to see what happened - turnturnturn - look back to see what happened - turn..."

Really?? I don´t know why but i prefer these logic puzzles, it makes you use your brains and are more fun to do, its just like decripting some kind of old code.

Demarest
7th Jul 2007, 18:01
I found that puzzle very easy, it was similar to another puzzle the level before i mean all you had to do was to look at the pic. on the wall and then turn the stones.Except that in the Sanctuary of the Scion, turning one stone turns the adjacent ones as well. And that the figure on the wall didn't indicate position, but pattern. So not at all similar.

Shark_Blade
9th Jul 2007, 04:18

lol I did it by dumb luck too.:nut: :rasp: