PDA

View Full Version : Obelisk Of Khamoon

Faye
5th Jul 2007, 23:28
I am stuck in the big room where the you turn the slope into the steps. I am trying to get to the top of the room but am stuck on the last bit - both Stella's and Tomb Raider Chronicles's walkthroughs are telling me to jump left from the handhold to the platform, but every time I do Lara reaches out her hand as if to grab the ledge, then suddenly plummets! I believe she is bumping into the decorative doorframe bit that seems to be slightly in the way. How did other players get past this bit?

I am playing on PC.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

boots
6th Jul 2007, 00:32
Have you tried holding down the jump key after she's jumped off the ledge? That will make her hold the jump longer and she should be able to reach it then.

Faye
6th Jul 2007, 00:36
Have you tried holding down the jump key after she's jumped off the ledge? That will make her hold the jump longer and she should be able to reach it then.

Yes I did. :) But it still didn't work. :( But thank you anyway! :D And I will keep trying, I am sure it must be something I am doing wrong, I watched a walkthrough video on YouTube and the player made the jump fine, plus nobody else has complained about this as far as I know, so I think if I keep trying and keep trying it different ways I will get it eventually! :) If anyone has any more info or tips, please post! Thank you! :D

boots
6th Jul 2007, 00:46
Well, if you're on the PC I've heard that sometimes jumps like that can be missed due to graphics settings being a certain way. I'm on the PS2, so I don't know the specifics unfortunately, but if that's what's causing the problem then this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69092) may help.

That's all I can think of... hopefully that will help or you will be able to figure it out some other way. Good luck. :D

Demarest
6th Jul 2007, 01:08
plus nobody else has complained about this as far as I knowIt happened to me ONCE. That was the only time I turned the camera so that it was facing towards the ledge I was jumping to. Keep the camera facing the wall, where she's already holding onto and jump left. This always works for me.

As a last resort, you could always launch TRAFly long enough to put yourself up there.

Faye
6th Jul 2007, 01:40
Ah yes I had tried the old resolution change (I had the City Of Vilcabamba problem too lol).

Thank you all very much for your advice!

I finally got past it. I decided to do it exactly as I had seen it in the video on YouTube. I figured what works for that player, should work for me. Now, he was doing everything very fast, so not to bore viewers (and probably to show off a bit :D), so I decided to do it exactly the same way: jump to it as fast as I could, like hit left then immediately hit jump, not allowing any time for her to do that little swingy jump preparation thing she does when you hold left. And it worked! Not sure how but it did. Somehow it made Lara pass the bit that was obstructing her jump and grab the ledge properly. :)

edit: Demarest, I think our problems were similar then. Since I did it immediately this time, the camera would have still been facing the wall, which explains how it worked this time. Must be something to do with the way she is aligned, tiny differences in the direction her jump takes.

mrbiceps
8th Jul 2007, 11:40
I have the exact same problem on the ps2. its driving me ******* nuts. this game ****s me. stupid glitches like this are ridiculous. are there any cheats for this game like a level skip??

tinknocker68
8th Jul 2007, 14:19
I am stuck in the middle of the broken towers. I climb my way up to the grapple hook (past the first arrow shootin out the wall) and do the wall run but every time I try to jump to the ledge I'm comin up a couple feet short no matter what Height I'm jumping from. I've tried letting the camera go from the back side and the front side to try different jump angles and it still comes up short whatever I do. I've tried it about 50 times already! Any clues? Tips? Help!!

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 15:04
are there any cheats for this game like a level skip??

You can find a complete list of cheats, along with what you need to do to unlock them here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488).

I am stuck in the middle of the broken towers.The only thing you didn't mention was holding the Jump buttong instead of pressing it. But since I personally have no idea where "the broken towers" are, I can't really be of much help. The topic is about the large ramp-to-steps room in Obelisk of Khamoon.

tinknocker68
8th Jul 2007, 20:14
I made the jump finally, I lowered my resolution and made it on the first jump. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but it worked for me!