PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Intelligence or Artificial Stupidity

Below Zero
5th Jul 2007, 17:04
Dont get me wrong, I love TR to death, but how can they call the enemys in TRA artificialy intelligent. For an example, in he first level, theres a part where you have to kill a bear in a pit (If you wanted to get a artifact). when I jumped into the pit,I expected a battle with the bear, but instead the bear just stood there taking bullets from my pistols. It got my a little disappointed because I though CD could do a better job then that. I dont mean to rant about how bad TRA is, because I truthfully like the game, but come'on. Does any one agree?:(

never_the_same
5th Jul 2007, 17:11
yeap.
their act is totaly like in tr1 :D :D :D

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 17:12
I don't. If they can figure out a way to get to you, they stop at nothing trying. The bear in Lost Valley will even run and hide if he can't get to you.

I enjoy TRA.

RaiderGirl#1
5th Jul 2007, 21:32
I find that they did a great job. Sometimes the animals get stuck. But it doesn't happen too much.

TheRidster
5th Jul 2007, 22:04
I found the A.I to be a little inconsistent. Sometimes it was great as metioned and sometimes not so good with wolves, mummies etc standing there while you shot them or trying to run into walls!

boots
5th Jul 2007, 22:29
I'm in the same boat as TheRidster. The AI for me a little patchy, getting stuck on walls mostly, but overall it wasn't too bad. It wasn't that great either. It was mostly just... there.

But I don't care for combat so it doesn't bother me as much as it probably should. :D

thecoolstinger
6th Jul 2007, 03:16
its supposed to be easy in the start of the game, hey, if you arent careful those flying things throw you into the lava!! and the foot uhhh, creatures are very powerful in the last levels and hard to andro-dodge