PDA

View Full Version : Flaws?

LisaFace
5th Jul 2007, 09:27
Have you guys noticed any flaws about the game?
Overall the game is GREAT but I've noticed a few flaws.
1. To many surprises such as things jumping out of no where or unexpected things (maybe nice to some people but I get frightened easily)
2. Small amount of ammo you can hold for extra guns
3. Bad selection of outfits

Well thats about it..
Like I said the game overall is great =D

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 09:34
You never played TR, did you? In TR (and especially in Unfinished Business) things REALLY came out of nowhere. In TRA, most of the time, you have a cutscene warning you and that disappointed a lot of the return players. Still, if you run around with guns drawn any time you're not climbing about and need your hands for that, you'll always be ready.

As for your second point, I completely disagree. In video games, I tend to be an item hoarder. I always have to go back in a TR game and tell myself it's okay to use the better guns. This is VERY true in TRA. My last full run through, I was using the shotgun on everything but rats and bats and I was never lower than 3 total shells. There's just so many pickups, you won't run out. I almost never used the 50's, even though there's plenty of ammo for that too. The Uzis I'll admit don't get fed well until the end of the game.

Swatcat
5th Jul 2007, 09:43
Those arn't flaws!
Those are personal dislikes :rasp:

My personal dislikes: Time-based things and end-bosses :D

boots
5th Jul 2007, 10:16
Time-based puzzles, definitely. I panic easy. :D

Some other things...

1. Knockdown. Useless, irritating... my least favorite part of the game. Especially in Atlantis against the flying mutants... they would just hover there, toss a fireball at you, knock you over and then just as you were getting back up they'd toss another one and knock you back down. It's really ridiculous. I felt less like I was playing an intense adventure game and more like a wimpy kid getting kicked around by bullies on the playground. :/

2. Invisible walls; I like climbing in the games, but I don't like just climbing where I have to. Give us some more alternate routes and dead ends! Just a couple will do!

3. Camera not staying put when you move it. I understand sometimes they want to show things or use it for dramatic effect, but sometimes it would just swing out oddly as you were trying to line up a jump or something and as soon as you realized it you were halfway through the move and it was too late to do anything about it. And then you die. Booo.

I hoard items too, so I never had a problem with the ammo limit, but I'd worry about it anyway because I'm also a nervous player. :D I only ran out of ammo once when I truly needed it, for one of the hardest fights in the game.

Below Zero
5th Jul 2007, 17:06
The A.I. could be better

Cyber Mantis
5th Jul 2007, 20:57
There are flaws mainly the camera IMO which can at times be a huge pain when trying to target or see the next your next jump. It wasnt super bad Ive played games with much worse camera problems

Faye
5th Jul 2007, 23:12
Might I recommend the Sims? That's much less scary and has a lot of outfits. :p

Seriously though, TR is an action adventure. So you know, you have to expect a little action and less wardrobe focus. ;)