PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Few things to add or not to add.(Suggestions)

LtGiuberia
20th Nov 2013, 03:12
So far I have been enjoying the game.
Also I was thinking if it was possible you guys could add some kind of
Unranked. Ranked Solo, and Ranked Team in the game. No I'm not asking it so I can be a e-thug, but I like games with ladders, elo, mmr's, etc. It makes know if I'm getting better or worse in the game. Also with my experience from other competitive games. It would be nice if the game had a team maker similar to other games such as DOTA, LoL, etc.
Other things for inspiration

ELO/MMR in ranked MM
Unranked MM (no elo or MMR) also Custom Servers(User created matches)
Team Maker/Creation
A lobby to chat with players(Optional)
Party system
Option to choose which map to MM for.
Seasonal or Monthly Solo/Team ladders. (Yes I have play games with ladders a lot mostly Diablo 2 when it was on it's glory days).
Option to take out the fire in the background. Not sure if it's intentional, but it reduces my FPS(I assume others have this problem too). Also the lighting in the textures would be nice to have a on/off feature on that too.

Ability to Pause the game(3 pauses only)
When someone leaves the game(in League Play) you would say he "Abandons it", and the remaining players are free to leave it without punishment.

Like I said this are just suggestions. Please don't come here hating. :D Thanks.

Psyonix_Corey
20th Nov 2013, 06:59
We are definitely looking at adding this type of thing for beta. Right now it would be a bit counterproductive as we don't want to splinter the small playerbase across multiple matchmaking queues.

Our current thinking is that you'll have to reach a certain overall Rank before you can queue for League play, similar to LoL. We are also discussing a "talent" system that would give you small bonuses you could invest in as you rank up towards being able to play ranked.

As for ladders and monthly/seasonal stuff, we'll have more to share on that during Beta when we discuss the War for Nosgoth metagame.

LtGiuberia
21st Nov 2013, 05:07
:3. Wow sounds nice. Thanks a lot for thinking of adding such thing(The metagame). Hopefully i'll be some cool territorial conquest or who knows even better, but yeah. The talent system is kinda lame as least in my case. I find it useless, and give powers for grinding, and not skill.

Xaragoth
21st Nov 2013, 05:44
Our current thinking is that you'll have to reach a certain overall Rank before you can queue for League play, similar to LoL. We are also discussing a "talent" system that would give you small bonuses you could invest in as you rank up towards being able to play ranked.

Not sure I like the idea of a LoL Talent System kinda thing. From my experience it does more bad than good - not to mention 90% just google the cookie cutter spec and use that for their class choice. Usually Talents are where you get new abilities from, not just 2% more damage - Dark Messiah did it right and everyone loved that one.

However a system that shifts playstyles would be interesting. WoW has a little bit of that right now for example. A good pointer would be the new Chaotic Ressources Talent for Warlocks in the next expansion. You can find the Talent Calc. on MMO-Champ ;)
Then again the playstyle shift should actually be more in your abilities and such right now. I'd rather have more variety there then marginal bonuses I have to pick to be effective in a talent system.

However locking Ranked play is a good idea. At the current EXP Rate from our experience you need roughly 50h to get there - which is ample time to learn all about the game!

Though I feel it's important that you don't entirely lock out the higher ranks from the lower ones. Some things you only learn if you play with skilled people. Maybe a Mentor mode would be a better investment of Devtime instead of a Talent System? ;) In general, if you can 'steal' e-sports beneficial features from DotA2, I say: DO IT.

LtGiuberia
22nd Nov 2013, 02:14
Added 2 more things.
Ability to Pause the game(3 pauses only)at least in League mode.
When someone leaves the game(in League Play) you would say he "Abandons it", and the remaining players are free to leave it without punishment.
I also think the Talent System would favor the grinders, and it wouldn't rely on skill, but on you know the "Grind".