PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect level info when reloading

Starhawk
5th Jul 2007, 03:52
If I die in a level and respawn at my last checkpoint, when I go to view the level info I usually see the level info for a different level than what I'm playing. This makes it incredibly difficult to determine if I've gotten all the relic and artifacts for that level.

Has anyone else had this problem? PC version off Steam here. And is there a fix or a work around? Thanks.

Xcom
5th Jul 2007, 04:21
What do you mean by "incorrect"?

For example, if you picked an artifact but didn't finish the level (died in the process), that artifact will still be registered as collected, and it won't be present in the game any more if you reload. That's how it's supposed to be, if that's what you meant.

Starhawk
5th Jul 2007, 04:33
I mean I'm in an Egyptian level, I die, the game goes back to the last check point, I'm alive in Egypt, I go to look at the level info, and it says I'm in Peru when I'm obviously on an Egypt level.

[edit] And the relic and artifact counts are for the Peru level, not the level I'm on.

Xcom
5th Jul 2007, 04:39
Oh! :scratch: Sorry, must be a glitch of some sort.

Do you have Windows Vista by any chance?

I don't remember anyone mentioning this problem specifically, but there have been several issues with profiles not working correctly, especially on Vista.

Starhawk
5th Jul 2007, 04:42
Nope. XP. If I replay a level the info is fine. It's just the main game with the autoloads that have the problem.

Recoil54
17th Jul 2007, 00:22
Sorry for digging up an old(er) thread, but I also have this same problem. It consistently does it though, it isn't just after you die and resume from a checkpoint. the game seems to always display the statistics from the previous level I had played.

Very annoying.

May be due to this savegame glitch:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1829/saveglitchoz8.th.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saveglitchoz8.jpg)

not quite sure, and this is also on xp with sp2, not vista.