PDA

View Full Version : More remakes?

Jezyk
4th Jul 2007, 22:46
Hey. I'd like to aks you guys what do you think :) Are there gonna be more remakes and what do you think of them?

Personally, in TRA it was a major drowback for me that I know the story and it isn't so engaging... but despite this, I'd love to see TR2 remaked. Especially the Maria Dora part, I loved it, it was so original - playing in the shipreck in the bottom of the ocean. It would only be nice if they didn't cut the levels this way as in TRA, part of them are like "we leave the most recognizable part and cut out all the side rooms" (Atlantis, Cistern, Coliseum, I think you all know these by now), it would be nice to see more of the smaller, less significant rooms.

Demarest
4th Jul 2007, 23:37
The Maria Dora was probably one of THE most gripping stages of any TR. Seeing things upside down was eery. This big beautiful boat, meant for people to enjoy, but now wrecked and abandoned... Only you're not alone! Very spooky. And enjoyable.

I don't feel knowing the story mattered at all. In a game like this, the story is just an explanation of how you're going from here to there. The gameplay itself is where it's at. So I really liked TRA. I think it respected TR well enough while also fitting the description of a whole new game. I wish the levels were a bit truer to the original in terms of overall size and complexity. And I think remaking TR2 would be a great way for them to show that they've listened to the fans (which TRA was supposed to be a tribute to) in this regard.

Below Zero
4th Jul 2007, 23:39
I agree, I think the small rooms make a difference in gameplay. I think they wont make any more remakes.The only reason they made the remake of TR 1 was because it was tomb raider's anniversary. But they will countinue the series, i beleive.:whistle:

boots
5th Jul 2007, 00:02
Remaking TR2 would make me (and many others I'm sure) extremely happy. Even if it's still on the same level as TRA, it would still be a very good game. A few improvements here and there in the level design and gameplay would make it fantastic.

One of the first things I thought of when I heard they were updating TR1 was how amazing the Maria Doria levels would look if they did those too. :D By far some of my favorite levels in any TR game, which is saying something since I never liked swimming that much. ...which reminds me, they'd really have to tweak the swimming if they'd want to do that. :lol:

I don't know if they'll do TR2, but if they do I doubt they'd go beyond that. That would still be just enough, though. And if not, I hope they put as much care and effort (okay, maybe slightly more effort :whistle: ) into newer games as they did in TRA.

Bampire
5th Jul 2007, 05:08
It'd be fantastic for them to re-make TR:2. I'd be so freakin' happy!

It's one of my favourite Tomb Raider games, as well. The plot and everything was perfect, and just seeing it remade will just satisfy, let alone make so many very appreciative of the creators, more.

Along with that, I'd be eye-candy seeing Floating Islands, the dragon, Maria Dora, Opera house, and all those lovely levels.. Oh man.. Just Opera House will make me happy.. I'd love to see a remade version of the level..

LegendLost
5th Jul 2007, 05:33
I never cared for Tomb Raider 2 until I realized how much everyone else loves it, and now I'm starting to remember just how amazing it was. I'd love for Home Sweet Home to be done with the new mansion, That would be awesome. But also, Opera house and practically all the levels would just be so amazing.

tomb-raider-2
5th Jul 2007, 06:07
hell yea. Tomb Raider 2 was my favourite game and tmy first game. I have finished that game numerous amounts of time and to have it in better quality would be outstanding!!!

Super_Steve
5th Jul 2007, 07:02
I can't imagine how cool looking TR2 Anniversary would be? Or would it be called TR2 A? Or even of a TR3 remake? I liked that more than TR2. That'd rule more.

dcw123
5th Jul 2007, 08:44
I remember in a TRA video, the CD team were interviewed.
They were asked about a possible TR2 remake, and they replied with
"It would be nice to see Venice remade,that was our favourite part"
If they do love TR2 then they should make it!!!
TR2 actually got the highest vote from fans and is considered the best game out of TR1,2&3. It's my fav one too!
I feel that TRL and TRA were TOO EASY,maybe because she did everything herself and was too smooth at controlling?
For TRL2 a new engine is being made.....so who knows what will happen next

Gamer4Lyfe
5th Jul 2007, 10:44
I say do it. CD has done a fabulous job with Lara & I will definitely support! :D

Tomb Radar
5th Jul 2007, 10:59
I'd like remakes of TR2, TR3 and TLR. :)

Tyron
5th Jul 2007, 14:08
I would really want CD them to concentrate on the next TR Game for now!:)

NizCroft
5th Jul 2007, 14:11
How about a remake of Anniversary? lol

No, seriously, I'd really REALLY like to see a TR2 remake. Best levels in any game, ever. Great wall, Venice, off-shore rig, sunken ship, tibet, floating isles... it was all perfect.

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 15:35
I would really want CD them to concentrate on the next TR Game for now!:)

They are... and several other games. Deciding to satisfy the fan base by remaking TR2, Anniversary style would not mean they would have to compromise other games/efforts.

Super_Steve
6th Jul 2007, 01:33
TRLR was a bit more of a challenging Tomb Raider game and was longer. That could be doable.

thecoolstinger
6th Jul 2007, 03:18
How about a remake of Anniversary? lol

LOL

NightRain'06
6th Jul 2007, 03:26
You know what ? I realized after reading in another thread a few moments ago where someone listed the levels and the first one being Great Wall of China in TR2, I now do recall playing the Demo version of that years ago.

Sadly, I've never played the full version; so personally, I'd like to see only a TR2 remake.

Demarest
6th Jul 2007, 04:27
Sadly, I've never played the full versionYou're missing out. Few TR experiences are more rewarding than watching a T Rex blown to smitherenes thanks to your trusty grenade launcher.

Guys, the more I think about this, the more they HAVE to do this. Any way we can chew on their ear and let them know?

boots
6th Jul 2007, 05:49
Guys, the more I think about this, the more they HAVE to do this. Any way we can chew on their ear and let them know?

If anyone was willing to make a petition, or if there is one already (I'm sure there must be somewhere....) I'd be more than happy to sign up even though I usually think those things are bunk. Or send them money. Or donate my cat. Any remote chance to get their attention to have TR(A)2 made. :thumbsup: :D

And I agree, NRNR, you should really play the full version. It's excellent.

NightRain'06
6th Jul 2007, 06:00
You don't know how much I have been and still am constantly kicking myself for not starting with TR1 years ago. I was even considering buying TR1 and 2's Gold Editions as well because the store I visited back then had these available. Plus, as the info claimed on the boxes, there were 4(?) additional levels each. Don't know why they weren't bought...

Possibly because I didn't have a better computer or PS1 at the time.

Jezyk
6th Jul 2007, 07:32
I've been thinking and maybe, if they don't want to do remakes all the time, they could AT LEAST make an expansion pack to Anniversary that would have the levels of TR2.
And there are mentions about Maria Doria and Xian in the books and there is wetsuit to choose, I hope they're gonna do it sooner or later!!!
About TR3 well I don't think so. Maybe India and Antarctica would be ok, but I don't suppose they'd like to repeat these guard, tribalman and soldier-shooting ( I didn't like it either :/)

never_the_same
6th Jul 2007, 18:35
i would like to be more remakes! ofcourse, i would like to be anniversary 2 for 10 years, again! it will be awesome to see original tr after 20 years, or anniversary after 10 yrs...:) :) :)

KingAmax27
7th Jul 2007, 05:05
I Think in the NExt 10 years, for the NExt 20th anniversary, they would Remake TR2, and so on every 10 years. althouqh we'd Probably be too Old By the time they Remake, TR chronicles or TR AOD. lol:D

Cyber Mantis
8th Jul 2007, 15:58
I would buy a TR2 remake without a second thought. I already like how the TR2 swimsuit looked in TRA I would love to see the TR2 stages with current graphics.

Tyron
8th Jul 2007, 16:50
You Know,When Core Design Wanted To Make ANniversary They also anounced the remake of TR2,But The Project was canceled..................

tombraiderxlegend
8th Jul 2007, 17:09
A remake of TR2 = extreme happiness.
I loved ALL the levels. First when my Dad played it and had me play it I was a bit nervous, but it was so AWESOME! :]

The Opera House would be the best level I think. Besides Home Sweet Home which some people found a tad hard. It was too easy for me. :[ It's sad to say but it was. The dragon. I didn't like that one. :]

Lol.

So it'd be awesome if they remade TR2. Any remakes of the other TR's, I wouldn't mind, but I doubt i'd buy them.

Your HardCore TR Fan,
Tombraiderxlegend[[chase]]

never_the_same
8th Jul 2007, 18:06
why would they remake tr2?? ok, if they remake it, but they wouldn't remake it for anniversary 2!!!for anniversary, they remake just tr games wich was revolucionar, like tr1 and trl!! i don't know do you see a point what i wanna say... why would they standout some tr games??? for standout is only tr1 and trl! not other games! ofcourse, i respect your ideas, i just say what i think, and tr2 is my fave from old tr games and i would like to see it again, a remake! but if it hapen, it wouldn't be aniversary, i thing... i said why i thin so... :)

don't quote on me, please, i know that all of you are thinking contra! i just said what i think... :)

TR4ever
9th Jul 2007, 00:23
Everybody knows my opinion already, remake of TRII all the way, REMAKE NOT REIMAGINING!!

Faye
9th Jul 2007, 00:49
Everybody knows my opinion already, remake of TRII all the way, REMAKE NOT REIMAGINING!!

I don't think Crystal want to do remakes to be honest. That's why they didn't remake TR1, they did a reimagining instead. Their version of Tomb Raider, starting with Legend, is so different to Core's, what with their own version of Lara and all, that I don't think they would really want to faithfully copy Core's work to the letter, I think they're happier sort of "translating" it into their version of Tomb Raider, as they did with Anniversary.

I can't see us ever getting an actual proper full-on remake from Crystal, I just don't think it's their sort of thing.

Demarest
9th Jul 2007, 01:22

They did plenty fine with TRA. To learn from the mistakes of short/small levels and lack of puzzles, I'm sure a "remiagining" would be fine.

@Faye: I'm not so sure it's a difference between Core and CD. Mouse controls, analog camera... these are just features of modern games. I don't think it has anything to do with what company makes it.

Faye
9th Jul 2007, 01:45
They did plenty fine with TRA. To learn from the mistakes of short/small levels and lack of puzzles, I'm sure a "remiagining" would be fine.

@Faye: I'm not so sure it's a difference between Core and CD. Mouse controls, analog camera... these are just features of modern games. I don't think it has anything to do with what company makes it.

Well, the storyline is obviously different. Crystal have made it very clear that their Lara is a new, different Lara, and that Core's adventures did not happen to her. All we know about Crystal Lara is what Crystal have given her in the way of a bio and two adventures (Legend and Anniversary).

The storyline affects a lot of the game, at least for Crystal, since I've heard they're quite big on the importance of plot. So basically, Crystal would never do an exact remake of a Core game - they don't want anything to do with that Lara, they've got their own. They made that pretty obvious by incorporating the Legend backstory into Anniversary - making it bluntly clear that this is not the same Lara that was in TR1, this is the new Lara with her whole dead parents thing going on.

That's why I don't think they would do an exact TRII remake, because then it might not be obvious enough that this isn't the same Lara anymore.

Demarest
9th Jul 2007, 02:51
That was an excellent elaboration. I now better understand where you're coming from :) I guess that's what happens when you don't actually play Legend *raises hand* :o

DKJamie
13th Jul 2007, 12:47
You Know,When Core Design Wanted To Make ANniversary They also anounced the remake of TR2,But The Project was canceled..................

They must have lost it!:eek: I bet they just can't be bothered to remake any more games, there too lazy, they didn't like it when lara came back after they tryed to kill her off did they, as i've said before...

LONG LIVE LADY CROFT!

Jezyk
13th Jul 2007, 13:22
Remaking of TR1 was also cancelled once, wasn't it? I hope it'll be the same with TR2:A!

Resy
13th Jul 2007, 16:27
Currently I'm working through the Egypt levels of Anniversary for the first time. Sure I made it through them before in the original TR 10 years ago... but it got me thinking. I would REALLY love a remake of Tomb Raider Revolutions (ie TR4) It is still one of my favorite along with TR 2. TR3 would be interesting but I'd vote for TR4 and TR2 for sure.

L4dy Croft
13th Jul 2007, 18:46
well it will be trII's anniversary next year :lol:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
14th Jul 2007, 03:20
REMAKE TOMB RAIDER 2

i think most people would like this rather than legend 2 atm lol.

Shaidester
14th Jul 2007, 04:25
If there were to be a remake of TR2, it just wouldn't fit the with the most recent remake, Anniversary. It isn't our faults that this game was so appealing to us :(. I would wish there would be a remake, and I hope CD takes it into consideration. It's hard to choose between the two games, TR: Legend Two or a TR2 remake, both great games. Don't get me wrong, but TR: Legend left us off on a cliff-hanger, while TR2 was completed pretty much. Either way, I just hope they could do both :mad2:.

lara's_bro
14th Jul 2007, 11:27
who do i have to kill to get CD to remake all of the PS1 tomb raiders. seriously i'll do it;)

as i'v said before i hope they remake all of them because i never played the ps1 tomd raider first time round, maybe they could remake AOD and salvage some of what could have been a very good game.:D

Lara Croft Wanna Be
14th Jul 2007, 14:01
did you notice how anniversary talked alot about tr2.

the books in lara's home for example.

one talks about the dagger of Xian
another talks of tibet, one of venice,
and another of the sunken ship Maria Dorta or How ever lol.
i dont remember very much of tr2 since i was very young.
just the underwater levels and shooting the monks :( poor monks.
and theres the wetsuit already made and the anniversary outfit can be used as the default outfit... all they need it to put a jacket on the anniversary for the tibet levels and there you go :).

i just hope CD makes the next games as challenging as the first 4, tr2 was hard like after 6 mins in lol. you were already running from boulders, and avoiding spike walls and pits by then.

PLEASE MAKE TR2 FOR US!!

Vilcabamba
14th Jul 2007, 14:13
i certainly wouldnt be complaining if they remade it, its my favourite game out of all of them