PDA

View Full Version : the lost Valley ??

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 14:25
Very dissapointed with the lost valley reli is n e 1 else>>??
purely coz it was over 2 quickly an u were forced to fight the raptors in the orginal, u could evade them completly even t rex but in this 1 u gotta fight them and the action is over to quickly

Phlip
4th Jul 2007, 14:35
Very dissapointed with the lost valley reli is n e 1 else>>??
purely coz it was over 2 quickly an u were forced to fight the raptors in the orginal, u could evade them completly even t rex but in this 1 u gotta fight them and the action is over to quickly
I agree.

The cogs were to easy to find. Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 14:39
I agree.

The cogs were to easy to find. Welcome to the forums btw. :)

y thank u lol

the t rex was really cool just it wud have been cool to jump of the temple and land on its bac lol :lol:

Lo
4th Jul 2007, 14:41
Are the cogs found where they were to be found in TR1? Not that I will find that useful as I can only remember the location of two from TR1! - plus the shotgun ;)

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 14:43
not exactly lol only 1 is in the valey its self the other are in the cog area but 1 is up the water along the end of the river lol

Lo
4th Jul 2007, 15:02
Ah! Thanks I'll probably be needing lots of help when I get the game!!

Welcome to the forum by the way! I don't post a lot in here so as to avoid spoliers but am all over the other boards like a rash :D

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 15:05
thanks lol i completed the game so if u need help like ask ;)

Lo
4th Jul 2007, 15:19
thanks lol i completed the game so if u need help like ask ;)

Awww thanks - because I prefer to ask on the forum at first incase I read a bit too much on the walkthrough site ;) People are jolly good at giving little hints without practically completing the whole level for you!!

I still haven't completed Legend yet :o I'm sort of two-thirds through but I keep on coming to Eidos and posting instead of getting on with gameplay - at this rate I am going to be asking about Anniversary when three new games have long been out :lol:

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 15:22
legend is gd but it a bit 2 mercenary lol not enough puzzles or tomb raiding
wat do u think of it ??? :)

Lo
4th Jul 2007, 15:33
legend is gd but it a bit 2 mercenary lol not enough puzzles or tomb raiding
wat do u think of it ??? :)

Like a great many folk I am still getting used to the (PC) controls - in particular the camera angles but it looks as though many games are going to be using a seperate camera control unlike earlier TR games.

Prince of Persia also went down that route so if I want to keep on enjoying the games I am going to have to quit playing my older TR games so much and finish then replay Legend to get used to it :)

I liked the graphics and I have enjoyed the motorcycle runs - I'm pretty adept at vehicles in TR. The only thing I found hard so far was Takamoto and Rutland but I found a bug for Takamoto which enabled me to see him off without moving from one spot :D

I will of course be getting Anniversary but all the time I have Legend and AOD to finish I am in no real hurry because although it will be all fresh and new, I will still be left with the same control difficulties so rather than get it and let it gather dust on the shelf, I will wait until I have mastered Legend so I can truly covet Anniversary and be able to get on with the challenge without worrying about basic control issues :D

Croftfan998
4th Jul 2007, 15:36
Like a great many folk I am still getting used to the (PC) controls - in particular the camera angles but it looks as though many games are going to be using a seperate camera control unlike earlier TR games.

Prince of Persia also went down that route so if I want to keep on enjoying the games I am going to have to quit playing my older TR games so much and finish then replay Legend to get used to it :)

I liked the graphics and I have enjoyed the motorcycle runs - I'm pretty adept at vehicles in TR. The only thing I found hard so far was Takamoto and Rutland but I found a bug for Takamoto which enabled me to see him off without moving from one spot :D

I will of course be getting Anniversary but all the time I have Legend and AOD to finish I am in no real hurry because although it will be all fresh and new, I will still be left with the same control difficulties so rather than get it and let it gather dust on the shelf, I will wait until I have mastered Legend so I can truly covet Anniversary and be able to get on with the challenge without worrying about basic control issues :D

FAir enough hope u get a gd satisfction from them lol the best bit bout legend is the costumes n the bike rides :thumbsup:

Cyber Mantis
4th Jul 2007, 19:29
I loved the way Lost valley and the dinosaurs looked, but wished the battles were more like the orginal. No fenced in arena to fight T-REX or spikes to ram him into for a easy kill. I would much prefered if it was like TR1 with the option to simply run for your life or to just try to pump bullets into him to kill him.

Would have been funnier IMO if he was more deadly like in the orignal (one bite and its over)

Joshorty
4th Jul 2007, 19:39
I just don't like how the T-REX battle had you cornered - UGH it didn't have the feel. The first time I played it though really got my hyped up I admit but having to play it again..nah..

Amrai
4th Jul 2007, 19:43
I liked the T-Rex fight. It seemed a bit short but it was good.

4th Jul 2007, 20:03
I didn't like how practically none of the level was spent on the valley floor, and it was all up high. In the original there were loads of different paths you could explore. Here only one.

Joshorty
4th Jul 2007, 20:13
Yeah they 'linear-ed' it:( I was expecting that innver cave where you get one of the cogs and stuff...if you ask me, Lost Valley in the original definently feels bigger to me than the one in Anniversary.

LegendLost
4th Jul 2007, 20:29
All the levels in a way felt smaller. In the original you had to explore FOR hours because there really wasn't much of a "path" at times like in Anniversary.

Joshorty
5th Jul 2007, 04:22
Yeah that's true..in fact I was disappointed about Poseidon aka Neptune since it was named Neptune by mistake since it wasn't Greek. From the commentary,

Toby almost sounded as if he didn't like how Poseidon was changed from what Neptune had originally, where you'd get sucked down deep in water (and yes, I got scared:eek::D!)

Same thing with Thor aka...forgot the name but starts with an H. I liked how the room was originally DARK.

boots
5th Jul 2007, 04:29
Yeah that's true..in fact I was disappointed about Poseidon aka Neptune since it was named Neptune by mistake since it wasn't Greek. From the commentary,

Toby almost sounded as if he didn't like how Poseidon was changed from what Neptune had originally, where you'd get sucked down deep in water (and yes, I got scared:eek::D!)

Same thing with Thor aka...forgot the name but starts with an H. I liked how the room was originally DARK.

Hephaestus. :D

I loved the commentaries for St. Francis Folly... Toby did sound a bit put out, didn't he? I'll have to go back and listen to them again now.

As for the Lost Valley... I was sad that there wasn't as much to do on the ground, like 05013 said. But if we're talking about cut-back levels, it's Greece I missed the most of. Every level could have done with some additions, though.

Joshorty
5th Jul 2007, 04:46
Hephaestus. :D

I loved the commentaries for St. Francis Folly... Toby did sound a bit put out, didn't he? I'll have to go back and listen to them again now.

As for the Lost Valley... I was sad that there wasn't as much to do on the ground, like 05013 said. But if we're talking about cut-back levels, it's Greece I missed the most of. Every level could have done with some additions, though.
Hephaestus - I'll remember that, Thanks:D And heck I'm enjoying the commentaries as well:D So DVD-ish:D And yeah even Coliseum - o nooooooo that level can last so quick...too quick..

Croftfan998
5th Jul 2007, 08:26
ye u should have benn able to freely run away from the t rex and i think the valley looked cooler in the original because the sky was black. it would be cool if the lost valey was so big that when you got 2 the t rex it was night or summin.
to be very honest thou dont you think lara croft is too acrobatic because in the original the rexxy scared every1 lol an dreally to take it on evenly u needed the shotgun yet in the new 1 she can still kill it with the pistols :mad2:

Lo
5th Jul 2007, 11:15
ye u should have benn able to freely run away from the t rex and i think the valley looked cooler in the original because the sky was black. it would be cool if the lost valey was so big that when you got 2 the t rex it was night or summin.
to be very honest thou dont you think lara croft is too acrobatic because in the original the rexxy scared every1 lol an dreally to take it on evenly u needed the shotgun yet in the new 1 she can still kill it with the pistols :mad2:

I didn't have too much difficulty with the T-Rex in TR1, I just rolled a lot and got behind him a great deal ;)

Also there was a convenient alcove to stand in where he couldn't reach her :rasp: Of course enemies tend to give up and walk off when Lara is out of harms way but a quick jump down from the alcove and back up again usually entices them back so she can spend a few more rounds. It's a bit more time-consuming this way but I'm sometimes all for a quiet life :D

I found the Lost Valley a little too long in TR1 and I think I got lost myself a couple of times trying to find my way out of that area. There was one cave that led to nothing wasn't there - it just had a few wolves in it that pounced on Lara but I can't recall there being any way out aside from where she enters and there were no pick-ups either :scratch:

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 15:22
summin:confused:

Lo
5th Jul 2007, 18:20
I think he/she mean't 'something' ;)

By the way I like your rather artistic & striking Signature image Demarest :thumbsup:

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 18:35
I think he/she mean't 'something' ;)

I grew up in America, so English is my first language and I didn't get that. I wonder if others who do NOT speak English as a first language are getting that. I could elaborate, but I'm trying to keep it polite.

And thanks for the compliment. I don't even use that skin anymore since goth'a released Lady Darkness 2.3.

beaker
6th Jul 2007, 00:05
not exactly lol only 1 is in the valey its self the other are in the cog area but 1 is up the water along the end of the river lol

Ok, i'm lost. how ya get up the river to the 3rd cog!?
Another question, what the hell are you supposed to swing to from that rope hanging up there so lonely?

Towel
6th Jul 2007, 01:36
where u insert cog two Look Right and there will be a ledge.. Sorry every1 my labtop was on the Fritz the Battery was Smoking,But i am now Back as you can see.. Ne way I didnt like how cog one was in the open so everyone and anyone could see it

Lo
6th Jul 2007, 04:06
WB Towel :thumbsup: :)

beaker
6th Jul 2007, 21:12
where u insert cog two Look Right and there will be a ledge.. Sorry every1 my labtop was on the Fritz the Battery was Smoking,But i am now Back as you can see.. Ne way I didnt like how cog one was in the open so everyone and anyone could see it

Yeah, been there. But not quite sure what to do from there. I've dropped down to the ledge below (after scooting around, up, back over ... ) and found the med pack. but where do you jump from that rope? I've tried almost everything (that I can think of) and just keep falling to a very painful death. lol

boots
6th Jul 2007, 21:21
Yeah, been there. But not quite sure what to do from there. I've dropped down to the ledge below (after scooting around, up, back over ... ) and found the med pack. but where do you jump from that rope? I've tried almost everything (that I can think of) and just keep falling to a very painful death. lol

From the rope you can jump to the ledge on the left (assuming you're facing the waterfall). I found it kind of tricky to get to the first couple of times I tried it which made me think you couldn't go there, but it's entirely possible. You just need to find the right angle and give it a good swing.

The ledge leads to a little platform with a kind of wooden bridge structure and a cave. That's where you need to go.

beaker
6th Jul 2007, 21:28
Thanx boots. so it is possible eh? lol. Oh well, here i go. wish me luck!

boots
6th Jul 2007, 21:35
Totally possible, I guarantee it. :thumbsup:

I think you might also need to hold the jump button down for her to make it, but I'm not sure. May as well though, it couldn't hurt.

Good luck! :D

beaker
7th Jul 2007, 00:23
Yup! Made it! took a couple tries and the right angle like ya said. now for the BIG problem! well ... lil' quick background. I got this far before but somehow one of my kids deleted my profile so ... i'm here again. thing is, before i found the shotgun. not this time and can't remember where i found it so, you can just imagine the fun i'm having with t-rex with just pistols!! LMAO!
So, gonna go back and see if i can find it again. that big green thang isn't nice at all!!:eek: :lol: