PDA

View Full Version : Centaur Fight

winston
3rd Jul 2007, 22:21
Forgive me if this has already been covered (I expect it has.) I haven't been on here in a while:o , been busy playing the new game! But now my Dad is stuck on the centaur fight, and after much shouting and swearing and throwing of control pad, he had finally admitted defeat. I too have had a go and can't do it:scratch:
We figured out that you might have to grapple the shields that they carry, but the million dollar question is- how?? and how does she maintain her grip on it??

Any help would be much appreciated, and I must make more of an effort to come on here and see what everyone else thinks of the game :)

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 22:32
haha that part had me swearing too. i suppose the keen player is supposed to notice the grapple hook on the back side of their shields. anways,

when you piss them off they either try to turn you to stone (jump backwards away from them) or rush you (use andrenaline dodge). (shift key for me.) did he fight the t-rex? the t-rex really gets the andrenaline dodge thing engrained. anyway, when you shoot them with a correct andro-dodge they start shaking and stop for a bit , you look toward their shield and hit your grapple key (q for me) and it grabs their shield, then you hit use/interact (e for me) they drop their sheild, i get em both to do it. when they try to turn you to stone and their shields are down you have to stand near the shield and quickly hit use/interact (e for me) to pick up the shield and reflect their light back at one of them. this turns one of them to stone and then i recommend the shotgun.

Jezyk
3rd Jul 2007, 22:44
The centaurs are being discussed in "Help Midus Palace";p
I only think that it's better to crouch than to jump back.
When you know the method to beat them and know how to perform AD (and you should after the T-rex fight) then it's really easy IMHO.

Demarest
4th Jul 2007, 04:14
Forgive me if this has already been covered (I expect it has.) I haven't been on here in a while:oMost every forum has a search feature. It not only helps keep the forums streamlined better, but you get your answer in a minute instead of an hour or more.

thecoolstinger
4th Jul 2007, 04:18
lol youre right you can duck instead of jumping away from them too, really helps in souless time trial mode. evil time trail. blasphemy, err sorry.

defacer
4th Jul 2007, 15:08
lol youre right you can duck instead of jumping away from them too, really helps in souless time trial mode. evil time trail. blasphemy, err sorry.

What about graple the shield of one of them instead ducking?? When it starts doing the "Green Thing" Send the graple to the shield and they will loose power and wont send the Green ray... ;)

winston
4th Jul 2007, 16:16
Thankyou all!!! Yes, we've both done the TRex fight but neither of us could get the hang of the Adrenaline Dodge :scratch: and we ended up killing the TRex the hard way:o But I guess there is no way out of it now!!!

bernardharold
4th Jul 2007, 20:33
I already posted the following on 'HELP - Midus Palace ', but as it refers to this topic, I'll cover it again.
I'm having problems that nobody has yet mentioned.
Although I've managed AD's earlier in the game I can't get them to work with the centaurs. I've tried allsorts of combinations, and though I get the prompt in the form of the 4 blue directional arrows, Lara merely flips or rolls.
Having spent several hours trying to AD, I stuck her in the dead zone, and adjourned for a coffee, and found out that after about 20mins the centaurs lose the ability to discharge fireballs, so to some extent they are defenceless apart from the petrifying attribute. It is then possible to shoot them at will, and they will not attack unless you make them angry. However many times they are shot, the yellow life bar is unaffected.
I managed to simultaneously petrify them, and shooting them with the shotgun at arms length also didn't affect the yellow life bar.
I assumed that the centaurs are invunerable as long as they have shields
I again petrified one, and tried to grapple the shield from every possible angle to no avail. Shooting 'Q' results in an instantanious yellow action icon, but hitting 'A' achieves nothing.
The only time the yellow life bar is affected is when one of the centaurs happens to hit the other with a stray fireball.
Are the above events experienced by you more knowledgable gamers?

RAZMAT
4th Jul 2007, 22:05
i had difficulty for a long while trying to get it to work.i generally enraged them and when they did the petrify stare, i did'nt do anything;as the second time you enrage them ,they don't do the stare,so it is easier to keep your guns locked on them without being turned to stone.after they're enraged ,just back away with guns locked and wait for them to charge,and when they're almost on top of you ,then do the AD.i found it easier to use the backward direction while doing the dodge.i never did see a blurred screen or any prompts;i just guessed at when to do it.although once the dodge started , i watched the grey circles come together before i shot.from the time i enraged them all the way into the AD a bit til the grey circles come together,i did'nt shoot at all.that period of time seems like a long time til you should shoot.patience helps in this fight.it seems best to get some distance from them and give them a bit to run towards you.they don't lose health until they lose a shield.once you stun one, it seems like plenty of time to get the shield,then just hang out by the shield and enrage em and grab the shield to freeze them and shhot em up.sometimes , if you are trying to shoot while doing the AD , it throws it off.

thecoolstinger
5th Jul 2007, 00:32
yeah the best thing to do (especially on one opponent) is just to walk in the room and make sure u get a good target on the thing, dont shoot until its red. shoot it like 4 times with the deagle, it will immediately go to rage mode and rush you, dont shoot at all, but run backwards away from it until that slow motion part and then hit the andro-dodge key. it gets even slower, dont shoot until the target goes to it's face and goes red ( just like when you first target them it goes red when in range). then just one shot.

if you can shoot the harpies right when they hatch it does alot more damage

LisaFace
5th Jul 2007, 08:56
Well.. I read all of the help info on defeating this Boss and even watch the videos on youtube but I'm still not getting it. When I boost the adrenaline and get ready for the part when they charge at me and wait for the slow motion, I have everything ready, I'm holding the aim (L1) button and when it charges at me, I dodge and press "O" to the left and shoot but my aim thing never turns red, its always grey. What am I doing wrong ;x?

boots
5th Jul 2007, 09:00
Well.. I read all of the help info on defeating this Boss and even watch the videos on youtube but I'm still not getting it. When I boost the adrenaline and get ready for the part when they charge at me, I have everything ready, I'm holding the aim (L1) button and when it charges at me, I dodge and press "O" to the left and shoot but my aim thing never turns red, its always grey. What am I doing wrong ;x?

Do you mean you're shooting as soon as you dodge? :scratch: You have to dodge and then wait for the reticules to line up and turn red, then shoot. That might be the problem. If you shoot too soon, it cancels the adrenaline dodge and you can't perform it correctly.

LisaFace
5th Jul 2007, 09:05
Do you mean you're shooting as soon as you dodge? :scratch: You have to dodge and then wait for the reticules to line up and turn red, then shoot. That might be the problem. If you shoot too soon, it cancels the adrenaline dodge and you can't perform it correctly.

No no, Once I know the Centaurs are coming for me, I'll do the dodge during the slow motion then wait for the red circles to come but I never see them.. they're always grey ;x.

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 09:26
What am I doing wrong ;x?

As posted in the other Centaur threads, turn your Combat Mode to Advanced Toggle. You won't need to hold Aim at all.