PDA

View Full Version : Info about tombraider 8!

tombraider123
3rd Jul 2007, 19:42
ok so we all know that it will probably be the contiuation of TRL but heres a bit of a shocker.... they might not release the game on PS2 or the XBOX! i find this highly unwise because alot of people have these devices to play the game!!

Please leave your opinion on this matter here! what do you think of this strange,unwise move??:scratch: :scratch:

Dark Era
3rd Jul 2007, 19:54
It's all about money. In that way they force people to buy a new pc, PS3 or X-Box 360.

Lara Croft Wanna Be
3rd Jul 2007, 19:56
yeah, but eidos could make for ps2 xbox, they dont benefit from 360 ps3 sales.

unless sony or microsoft wont publish it.

RaiderGirl#1
3rd Jul 2007, 20:03
ok so we all know that it will probably be the contiuation of TRL but heres a bit of a shocker.... they might not release the game on PS2 or the XBOX! i find this highly unwise because alot of people have these devices to play the game!!

Please leave your opinion on this matter here! what do you think of this strange,unwise move??:scratch: :scratch:

And where did you get this information?

Ghostwolfalpha
3rd Jul 2007, 20:35
I would say it's understandable considering that the graphics technology is outdated on PS2 and XBox, PS3 and Xbox 360 offer much higher end graphics and more media storage allowing the game developers to utilize.

Tyron
3rd Jul 2007, 21:12
Well As Long As I know,the game is a continuation of TR Legend.And TRL Was released on: PC,Mobile,PS2,PSP,XBOX,XBOX360,Game Cube,GBA, AND NDS so TR8 game must be released on those platforms,get it?:)

boots
3rd Jul 2007, 21:48
Makes perfect sense.

But as a casual gamer that only upgrades their gaming platforms about five minutes after absolutely necessary, I can't say that I'd be very happy about it. :p

tombraider123
3rd Jul 2007, 21:58
And where did you get this information?

I got this information from the site below take a look at it!!

(http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr8/index.php:)

p.s it also has very good walkthroughs on all the levels!

J_B_G_
3rd Jul 2007, 22:07
One thing to consider is that the software is moving towards duo-core compatability not away from it. The newer games need to play on that processor platform and ps2 is not the right direction. I dont see the company engineering down only up. There would be a significant problem in expense with the designers trying to make it compatible for older platforms. Ive already been reading the problems people are having with playing the oldest tr games on new duo-core machines. This is bound to happen. We just have to go with it.:o

KingAmax27
3rd Jul 2007, 23:08
America Is All About Money You Pay More To Get Something Great, If You Want Better Graphics,controls Etc. Your Gonna Have To By A More Uprgraded, Updated System. Ex: Wii, 360, Ps3. I Understand They Wanna Move From A Year 2000 Invention To Something Much Higher, And I Have More Than Enough Time Till The Next Tr To Invest In A New System.

P.s Where Did This Info Come From Anyway?

tomb-raider-2
4th Jul 2007, 00:43
but doesnt sony always release TR games they have from the start so i think ur info is bull$#!+

Lara Croft Baby
4th Jul 2007, 00:54
That wouldnt be fair, I have a ps2 and I don't want to go buy a PS3 just to play tomb raider. :rolleyes:

Ghostwolfalpha
4th Jul 2007, 01:32
That wouldnt be fair, I have a ps2 and I don't want to go buy a PS3 just to play tomb raider. :rolleyes:

Heh heh you should tell that to my brother, he has both PS2 and PS3 :lol:
After he bought PS3 the old one is just sitting in the corner of the room gathering dust. :D When asked about whether he would buy Microsoft XBox 360, his answer was a defiant "NO".

J_B_G_
4th Jul 2007, 02:24
IDK what do ya all think that they will go on making ps2 games if everyone revolts?:lol: Not gonna happen. In a few more yrs it'll be slim pickens. Dont get mad a people saying ps2 is on the way out. Its evolution.

TRBeth
4th Jul 2007, 02:44
Not exactly a shock since xbox is now obsolete and ps2 will soon be.

Cyber Mantis
4th Jul 2007, 03:39
PS2 may be old tech but theres over 120 million units shipped worldwide. By comparison 360 has sold 10.4 million units PS3 a mere 3.6 million. These number are going to change but not for years (or a huge price drop) are either next gen system or even both combined going to reach PS2 numbers.

Its not even a comparison and simple math can show where you are going to sell the most copies of your game and make the most money.

Demarest
4th Jul 2007, 04:13
Can't we just call it Legend 2, since that's what it's called? Wouldn't this be better suited for the general forum as it has nothing to do with Anniversary?

There was a debate recently about PC vs console and I had made the point that console users have to keep trading in their systems while PC users play on. Yes, I know they have to upgrade parts sometimes, but this machine has been untouched for years. Time to realize that the days of console outclassing PC went out with the Super Nintendo.

thecoolstinger
4th Jul 2007, 04:25
Time to realize that the days of console outclassing PC went out with the Super Nintendo.

aye my pc is set for life. its a sony vaio desktop, the only thing i can do is add ram and that is not viable ( with 2.0 gig) this comp is set to run games like cs: source and battlefield 2. tr wont be a problem ;)

WaterRabbit
4th Jul 2007, 06:36
Can't we just call it Legend 2, since that's what it's called? Wouldn't this be better suited for the general forum as it has nothing to do with Anniversary?

There was a debate recently about PC vs console and I had made the point that console users have to keep trading in their systems while PC users play on. Yes, I know they have to upgrade parts sometimes, but this machine has been untouched for years. Time to realize that the days of console outclassing PC went out with the Super Nintendo.

The console has always been a generation or two behind the PC. It has only been recently that the console has even started looking like a viable game system -- and its still two generations behind the PC.

Unfortunately, if you play FPS style games and want the latest and greatest, you have to upgrade your PC every three years. This also seems to be the built-in obsolence for the consoles.

tombraider123
4th Jul 2007, 09:16
but doesnt sony always release TR games they have from the start so i think ur info is bull$#!+

excuse me tombraider2 but if you took any notice of the comments above you will see that i wrote down a site!! so go look at the information yourself!! just so you know its not bull!!!****

And as for everyone else people are still buying PS2 instead of PS3 as the PS3 are so expensive! my brother has one and let me tell you he had to save for ages because the price was seven hundred euros!! I still think the graphics on PS2 are very very good but maybe im just biased!:o

Tiri Li
4th Jul 2007, 09:51
If,indeed, they are not going to release tomb raider 8 for PS2, then I rpobably will watch the walkthrough on youtube to get the plot. I simply can't afford a PS3, and while I could get it on PC, I doubt i'd get very far. I simply can't do WASD :(

The_Hylden
4th Jul 2007, 10:59
Uh, there's no surprise in any of this... -_- What's the outrage? Legend wasn't released for PSX, was it? No, because that system has had its day. The original TR wasn't released for regular Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Atari, was it? No. Why is this such a surprise again??:rolleyes: They don't make next generation consoles to then keep making every game for their previous generation systems as well as the new ones. That's NEVER happened, nor will it ever... They’ve only done it with Legend and other games recently because the PS3 is just starting up. A year+ time from now, though, the PS3 better be it for Sony, or they’re in trouble. Continuing on the PS2 by then with games should be all but over, if it’s not already.

LisaB1962
4th Jul 2007, 12:54
I think that Eidos will continue to release the games across a variety of platforms. I'd be really, really shocked if Legend2 was a PS3 exclusive.

There are rumors of a 360 drop in price this fall, although I doubt it will happen before Halo 3 is released. Why lower the price when you're biggest draw hasn't been released?

Also, if the Wii port of Anniversary is successful, it's possible we may see Legend 2 on the Wii. At $250, it's certainly competitively priced.

J_B_G_
4th Jul 2007, 20:16
So heres another aside: I bought Legend for pc and ps2. Of course the graphics look great on the pc but on my hdtv the ps2 looks like crap. I had that good of resolution with a ps1 and old tv back in the mid 90's.

So the question is this are we to continue the sale of non-digital broadcast tvs also to accommodate those who still have only ps2's. It makes no sense.

P.S> I also agree this conversation should move to general.

Below Zero
4th Jul 2007, 21:53
Well, there is two sides of this situation
1. In my point of veiw, they should make TR 8 for PlayStation 2 and 3, and Xbox, Xbox 360. If you think about it they would make more profit if its on all 4 systems

2. But like Dark Era said above, its all about the money, and they want people to go out and buy new consoles

Demarest
4th Jul 2007, 23:33
1. In my point of veiw, they should make TR 8 for PlayStation 2 and 3, and Xbox, Xbox 360. If you think about it they would make more profit if its on all 4 systemsAnd they would make even more if they released it for Sega Genesis. But by keeping it to the modern hardware, they can provide a more immersive experience. This is just the evolution of hardware.

Oh, and it's called Legend 2 ;)

never_the_same
6th Jul 2007, 18:36
go here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69488
and look my two posts, i wrote what i know about tr8 and i gave a link where you can found same news :)

Mangar The Dark
6th Jul 2007, 19:11
It wouldn't surprise me if it's not released for the PS2. I mean, how old is that console? It's great that it lasted as long as it did, but really, time is moving on.

It's like getting upset because they won't release Legend 2 for the Commodore 64 or the Colecovision. Things move on. Yes, it's always disappointing when it first happens, but that's the way it goes. I remember clinging to my Amiga 500 long after everyone else had already moved on to Windows computers, desperately scouring stores for new software, and then finally biting the bullet and admitting that the Amiga's time has passed.

Oh, and it's called Legend 2

Where did you read the official announcement about the title?

Faye
6th Jul 2007, 19:19

I think you are a little confused. :confused:

PS3 is owned by Sony.

-

Personally, I do not understand all the fuss. Do people really expect Crystal Dynamics to create a limited, backwards, outdated game, letting down all the fans who are willing to actually spend money, just for the sake of a few people who won't move on?

Joshorty
7th Jul 2007, 03:00
Well yeah like some peops said here - if they multiplatformed it to the PSP, they'd just have to have a PS2 version...it makes perfect sense with other platform releases but then again, time is moving on...BUT then again, if it comes out on Nintendo Wii, they'd just have to release the PS2 version. Knowing Wii is a next gen console, regardless of the graphics, it's simply comparable with the current gen (for example - the PS2:D) other then the controls.

Of course, plans may change if Anniversary doesn't do well on Wii (though it looks soo much better and interesting than the versions we're holding now:() You can check out this version's pics at this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70512).