PDA

View Full Version : Francis Folly - Atlas door

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 14:32
the first time through i got it but now there is a strange problem when time trialing. you are supposed to jump to a ledge, move left (if not already on the edge) jump left, then move left until u can reach the high ledge.

every single time she gets stuck on either the first ledge or the second. i hold or press left and she doesnt move for a few probably b/c of hte bad camera angle. even if she moves eventually there isnt time to get to the high ledge now. this has made it impossible to get the time trial for me.

i spent 15 minutes trying to do it (in time trial mode) the first time, plus numerous tries after this, but she gets stuck every time. when shes stuck i try to swing the camera behind her and then move left. she moves eventually but there is no time after that. heeellpppp meeeeee

Demarest
3rd Jul 2007, 14:44
I'm not sure where you're talking about.

If the camera won't go where you want it to, adjust your controls accordingly. For example, if Lara is hanging from a ledge and the camer is on her left, pressing down will make her shimmy left (towards the camera).

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 16:11
its where a giant globe falls down and is going to crush you

but what you said is probably gonna work, will update, very frustrating!!!!!

Demarest
3rd Jul 2007, 17:19
I know what the Atlas room is. I just couldn't tell if you were talking about inside, just outside, getting to its switch, etc.

If I understand you correctly, I think I know what you mean. There have been a couple times when Lara seemed frozen. If my above advice doesn't work, I can elaborate. Just didn't want to bore everybody with a story that might not have anything to do with the topic.

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 21:36
its working now, she doesnt get stuck on the first ledge, and then i let go of over when i jump and that seems to work. im still half a second late lol. ty for your help

Lord_Azrael
3rd Jul 2007, 23:53
I think I'm about to start the 'I hate the Atlas room club'
This is driving me insane trying to get out of the way of the globe, and lets face it, the damn thing hardly ever touches her and she dies, even if she's behind a bloody pillar that is totally unscathed!!

I've loved the game so far, but will be so pleased to get past this bit!

boots
4th Jul 2007, 00:08
I think I'm about to start the 'I hate the Atlas room club'
This is driving me insane trying to get out of the way of the globe, and lets face it, the damn thing hardly ever touches her and she dies, even if she's behind a bloody pillar that is totally unscathed!!

I've loved the game so far, but will be so pleased to get past this bit!

Funny, I just finished doing this room before reading this. :D What I always do is stand as far back from the statue as you can while still being able to hit the targets. You'll find you can get pretty far back, which gives you a very nice head start once you shoot it loose.

Then run like crazy! I don't know if it's possible to get on the side ledges before the globe passes, I've never tried it. Just keep an eye out for when you need to jump. ;) With practice you'll be able to get it in one go.

Lord_Azrael
4th Jul 2007, 00:09
scratch that last post, I found a much easier way of completing it. The ledges are just a red herring for that part.......hmmm:D

thecoolstinger
4th Jul 2007, 00:19
somehow i JUST got it on the first try and completed the time trial. somehow luckily i made the damocles room jump on the first try too. is there another way out of atlas??? how??

thecoolstinger
10th Jul 2007, 05:22
scratch that last post, I found a much easier way of completing it. The ledges are just a red herring for that part.......hmmm:D

pls expound

Demarest
10th Jul 2007, 06:41
He probably means running to the end of that hallway and jumping, grabbing the bar you extended and jumping to the other side for safety.

Squishy
10th Jul 2007, 06:53
:eek: I never had any problems in the Atlas room... I did it first time (course I have my handy dandy offical game guide which tells me how far to go before the globe stars rolling then exactly where to go when it does :whistle: (I know, such a cheat :rasp: ))

thecoolstinger
4th Aug 2007, 18:46
He probably means running to the end of that hallway and jumping, grabbing the bar you extended and jumping to the other side for safety.

I know the poles you are talking about cause i can see their holes in the wall, but i never got them to expand or knew how. alas, i did it the hard way miraculously.

Spong
5th Aug 2007, 02:32
...What I always do is stand as far back from the statue as you can while still being able to hit the targets. You'll find you can get pretty far back, which gives you a very nice head start once you shoot it loose...

That's how I do it. I use the edge of one of the stone slabs on the way up the slope as my marker, you can stand quite some distance away. Then just leg it back to the ledges.

I've never had the "freezing" problem you mentioned though thecoolstinger. Like Dem suggested, it sounds like you were probably just pressing the analogue in the wrong direction relative to the camera.

reviewer007
5th Aug 2007, 10:19
There are parts of the room where the vectors don't line up and Lara gets "stuck." This should have been found during testing.
~007

rabid metro
6th Aug 2007, 09:06
There are parts of the room where the vectors don't line up and Lara gets "stuck." This should have been found during testing.

please elaborate ... (pics, more details, etc.) ...

thecoolstinger
7th Aug 2007, 07:03
2nd world, 1st level named st. francis folly. after a brief gate opening adventure you wind down staircase to a massive underground "silo." in this silo there are 4 doors to be opened and a challenge within each. I believe atlas is the 2nd door down, hephaestus being on the top, poiseden then damocles.

when u enter atlas after jumping the trap gate, you push/pull a spindle extending a false floor however far enough you feel is safe jumping. across and above is a massive statue holding a globe. you shoot 2 buttons and cut scenes ensue followed by the f'ing thing crashing down and rolling at you. you have to jump/move over/jump 2 or 3 ledges with not time and a bad camera angle.

if they arent making it up apparently thers a way to make a pole extend over the chasm area. there are no ledges to grip on the chasm edge.

JKCarrier
7th Aug 2007, 12:56
if they arent making it up apparently thers a way to make a pole extend over the chasm area. there are no ledges to grip on the chasm edge.

Yes. About halfway down the hallway, on your left (as you face the statue), there's a ledge you can climb up. There's a switch up there that will extend the pole across the chasm. Then, when the ball comes rolling towards you, you can grab the pole and swing to the other side.

thecoolstinger
12th Aug 2007, 02:45
zomg zzz!!! i am a noob durrr

Spong
12th Aug 2007, 05:33
^^^^

I cannot believe you didn't know about that!! Surely not?

thecoolstinger
5th Sep 2007, 00:39
i am serious, and dont call me shirley!