PDA

View Full Version : She wont pick up the ammo!

evangeline
2nd Jul 2007, 19:54
I'm in Greece now but Lara hasn't picked up the shotgun (?) ammo at all here, and actually not in Peru either. I'm getting a little worried, she picks up everything else but not the ammo.. Have i forgot to do something? Or is there something wrong with the game? Do i need the shotgun to get through the game? :(

Jezyk
2nd Jul 2007, 19:58
The limit for shotgun ammo is 40, it comes in packs of 8 so she only picks it up when you have 32 shells or less. If you have like 35 and you know you ain't gonna come back to the place with the ammo, it's good to shoot down a bit and pick it up.
There's a limit to every ammo in fact :)

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
2nd Jul 2007, 20:33
The guns have ammo limits(except Laras')!

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 21:42
The limit for shotgun ammo is 40, it comes in packs of 8 so she only picks it up when you have 32 shells or less. If you have like 35 and you know you ain't gonna come back to the place with the ammo, it's good to shoot down a bit and pick it up.
There's a limit to every ammo in fact :)

You can also just reload your weapon. Hold L1 and then press triangle. I guess in PC terms that's Aim + Action.

Demarest
2nd Jul 2007, 22:59
The limit for shotgun ammo is 40, it comes in packs of 8 so she only picks it up when you have 32 shells or less.Actually, it's anytime it's less that 40. You might have to reload to make it available, but you don't need to have 32 or less.

I guess in PC terms that's Aim + Action.On ALL platforms it's Interact ;) You don't need to aim, just have the weapon drawn already.

faint_u
2nd Jul 2007, 23:54
I really think CD should add tips or message in such situation

CatSuit&Ponytail
3rd Jul 2007, 08:36
Yoiks, any tips and hints belong in the Manor (training level) or the booklet! :rasp:

evangeline
5th Jul 2007, 10:16
Well i forgot to mention an important thing there, i dont have any ammo and she still doesnt pick it up! :scratch:

Jezyk
5th Jul 2007, 10:41
Now that's freaky :nut:

Sushinoir
6th Jul 2007, 11:57
I'm in Greece now but Lara hasn't picked up the shotgun (?) ammo at all here, and actually not in Peru either. I'm getting a little worried, she picks up everything else but not the ammo.. Have i forgot to do something? Or is there something wrong with the game? Do i need the shotgun to get through the game? :(

I have the same problem on my ps2 game.

There's a limit to every ammo in fact

Lara picked up the first 8 shells and has not picked up any since.

So is the ps2 game version bugged? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks.

Lara-in-peace
6th Jul 2007, 12:20
at first I thought that there was something wrong in my CD, then I thought could be the game.

but actualy it is right she wont carry more ammo unless you don't have the full leanth of ammo for the wepon, I mean for the 8 packs of shotgun, you have to finish the 8th pack totaly to pick up another pack.

thats what I found out so far, and maybe I am wrong

Demarest
6th Jul 2007, 15:18
@Sushinoir: Your game isn't bugged. You quoted text that explained it. See my post above for a more accurate description of how it plays out.

but actualy it is right she wont carry more ammo unless you don't have the full leanth of ammo for the wepon, I mean for the 8 packs of shotgun, you have to finish the 8th pack totaly to pick up another pack.

thats what I found out so far, and maybe I am wrong
Sorry, but yes, you are. My last post explains it. You can be a single round deficient. If you ARE missing ammo and she won't offer to pick it up, reload the weapon and then she will.

evangeline
9th Jul 2007, 08:29
If reloading means drawing out the guns its not working for me.. :confused: she's not picking up any ammo now and there's all sorts of gorillas here so im not very pleased! And i might need the ammo for the boss fights too?

boots
9th Jul 2007, 08:47
If reloading means drawing out the guns its not working for me.. :confused: she's not picking up any ammo now and there's all sorts of gorillas here so im not very pleased! And i might need the ammo for the boss fights too?

You need to press interact while you have the guns drawn to reload (she does it automatically if you're shooting and she runs out) but it won't work if you have a full cartridge (? erm, I'm not sure of the terminology, actually). If it's full - meaning you have the guns out and press interact and she doesn't reload - you can take a shot or two and then reload; then she will have room to pick up more ammo. Does that help?

If all else fails, you still have your pistols. :)

evangeline
9th Jul 2007, 08:57
I did press interact while i had guns drawn and she did nothing, and i have barely any ammo. Lara has only picked up the first ammos (sorry if i spelled it wrong :D) but nothing else since then! I suppose i have to rely on my pistols ...

lara's_bro
9th Jul 2007, 10:49
u know u could use your pistols the whole way through, i did and i'm in egypt. (in the game not in real life:lol: ) that was just some encouragement incase you have to use them. my advice is try having your weapon drawn and press the action button (triangle on ps2) to reload then see if lara picks up the ammo. i had the same trouble on ps2 until i realised she had an ammo limit. i know others have given this advice but it doesn't hurt to try one last time. good luck:thumbsup: