PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Qualopec - Breakaway floor room

Paksman
2nd Jul 2007, 01:08
Having a bit of trouble in this room. I searched the forums to no avail :(

http://www.imagebeaver.com/files4/t/ce1/9040010707ToQ_BR.JPG (http://www.imagebeaver.com/view.php?mode=gallery&g=339670&photo=1)

When I try to jump to the next pole, Lara just passes right through it. I've tried about 10 times at varying heights with no success. Any help is appreciated.

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 01:27
Welcome to the club!! I thought I was the only one with this problem.

The only way I've been able to make this jump is to make sure Lara's BACK is facing the next pole. Turn the camera so that she is directly on the left and the pole is on the right. Press right+jump and she **should** make the jump.

Other times, it is fine for Lara to be facing the pole she is about to jump on, but for this one I've always had to have her back toward the pole and jump the other way.

Good luck.

tomb-raider-2
2nd Jul 2007, 01:41
ur not supposed to jump to that pole lol. Above the switch is the white strip were lara can grabe jump to it then drop down onto the switch make sure u hold on again

if its the level i think it is:P

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 01:43
He's not referring to the pole in the picture, that was just to show what room it was.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about pulling the box out and using it to jump to one pole, and then another right behind it.

This jump alone always ruins my time trial.

tomb-raider-2
2nd Jul 2007, 01:46
well maybe he should of posted were he ment or was more specific!

Towel
2nd Jul 2007, 01:50
Dont Jump to the Other Pole Jump to the ledge above the switch and drop down to it

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 01:53
No no... he's not talking about that one. :mad2: :p :p

I don't have a screenshot since I only play PS2.

Imagine in that picture that you look to the right. You'll see 2 wooden poles right next to each other.

tomb-raider-2
2nd Jul 2007, 01:56
already told them towel!

tomb-raider-2
2nd Jul 2007, 01:57
how do you know thats wat he means???:rolleyes:

Demarest
2nd Jul 2007, 02:00
He can answer whether or not he's talking about THAT pole.

Truth is, it doesn't matter. Nowhere in that room do you jump pole to pole. From the box you pull out, you jump onto the pole on the left as you face the switch. From there, jump to the edge on your left. Wrap around, jump to the horizontal bar and then to the ledge. Jump up a couple edges, shimmy right, jump back and grab the pole. From here, you can do one of three things; You can jump to the edge above the switch, jump to the area you came in from, or jump to the ledge where the secret is. None of which are poles ;) If you jumped to the switch, lean left and jump back onto the deck. Jump the two edges again, shimmy again, grab the pole again, where you have the remaining two options.

No pole to pole in that room, regardless of what pole HE is talking about ;)

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 02:02
Cuz I know what it's like to try and jump to a pole 5-10 times only to have Lara literally pass right through it without even attempting to grab. There's only one place it happens in that room. It's a glitch and apparently only happens rarely...

EDIT: OK fellas, watch this video and witness pole-to-pole jumping at :08 into the video. This is the one he's talking about because it's happened to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_OFNnJPZE

Stop watching after :09 if you don't want to see spoilers.

tomb-raider-2
2nd Jul 2007, 03:23
seriously just get over it and stop going bak we get ur point ok

Bampire
2nd Jul 2007, 04:32
Simple fact.

You need to hold down jump, along with aiming your camera towards the pole.. If that doesn't work, replay the level.

Ricardo221
2nd Jul 2007, 13:21
seriously just get over it and stop going bak we get ur point ok

Seriously if someone has a point to make, let them make it and quit replying to something that you have no useful info on. If someone says there is no pole to pole jumping in this room, when there obviously is, then I am going to prove my point, as would you.

Thank You.