PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! - Midus Palace

bernardharold
1st Jul 2007, 15:25
:mad2: Got two gold bars - need to get to fire room. Think LC enters by way of room with sand in it.Have tried for hours to hook onto grapple ring from rocks accessed from balcony, or to jump onto flat rock from rear of column within railings.Am I missing something?
Lara is getting tired of running round in circles and is considing installing a yellow bar indicator.

Werner Von Croy
1st Jul 2007, 15:26
:mad2: Got two gold bars - need to get to fire room. Think LC enters by way of room with sand in it.Have tried for hours to hook onto grapple ring from rocks accessed from balcony, or to jump onto flat rock from rear of column within railings.Am I missing something?
Lara is getting tired of running round in circles and is considing installing a yellow bar indicator.

Have you managed to jump to the rope? If you turn round, you'll be able to see a shimmy space on a pillar.

Hippie
1st Jul 2007, 15:35
You know, I actually did that the hard way, by trying to do a 90 degree jump off the wall and on to the ledge over the rope. After I finished the game, I went back and read the strategy guide and found out... :lol: :lol: ...I could get up on that ledge by simply swinging on the rope, climbing up the pillar, and jumping back...man :mad2: oh man :mad2: oh man.

bernardharold
1st Jul 2007, 15:45
:nut: Tanks folks, but how do she get to the rope????????????

Hippie
1st Jul 2007, 15:54
Swing on the grappler, doing a wall run. Jump off to the small ledge, drop down to the next ledge that will take you under the large outcropping that the rope hangs from, then jump to the rope.

bernardharold
1st Jul 2007, 16:13
Thanks Hippie
Thought this was the way and have been trying for hours to contact the grapple ring. Tried every possible way, running jump, standing jump, using 'Z', but nothing seems to work. 9 out of 10 times 'Q' fails to shoot the Grapple and when it does happen, it misses the ring completely. Will keep trying and if I suceed and miss the rope I'll realy go nuts.
Incidentally, Which rock is it best to Grapple Shoot from.

Hippie
1st Jul 2007, 16:36
Thanks Hippie
Thought this was the way and have been trying for hours to contact the grapple ring. Tried every possible way, running jump, standing jump, using 'Z', but nothing seems to work. 9 out of 10 times 'Q' fails to shoot the Grapple and when it does happen, it misses the ring completely. Will keep trying and if I suceed and miss the rope I'll realy go nuts.
Incidentally, Which rock is it best to Grapple Shoot from.

It's not a rock you jump from, it's a ledge on the wall. You're up on the upper balcany, right. Well, go to the right (if you're facing into the large hall)...jump on to a broken slab just off to the left that's in that newly made pile of sand...jump up--slightly to the right on to another slab...you're against the wall now...jump up and grab the ledge...oh, there's a medipack in a nook on the left after you grab the ledge...anyway, make your way around the ledge to the right...make Lara do that little arm-swinging-momentum-getter when she jumps off the ledge...then grapple.

Yeh. I thought that whole ledge and rope set up was to get her back to the start of the grappler move in case she didn't make the 90 degree wall jump...man :mad2: oh man :mad2: oh man!

bernardharold
2nd Jul 2007, 00:01
Thanks Hippie
I didn't notice the little ledge on the side wall and was trying to jump from the rocks. OK now and am on next level.Can't understand how she didn't spot it either.
The landing from the grapple jump can be either on the rope or on top of the slab, so she can get both ways.
Thanks again. appreciate the advice.

Demarest
2nd Jul 2007, 00:35
9 out of 10 times 'Q' fails to shoot the Grapple and when it does happen, it misses the ring completely.Reconfigure your controls to your liking. I made it R so that I could use a finger I didn't need for a direction. And I never pressed it just one ;)

You don't actually NEED the rope in this room. From the ledge with the medipak that Hippie mention, you can jump in a direction that will take you along the wall you're in the alcove of. You will slide down and land on a ledge that touches the center pillar. Walk towards the edge that is very near another ledge in the sand. Jump away from the pillar into the sand and once she lands, jump again. Since she turns around on the sand's incline, you'll now be jumping straight towards the pillar again. Only now, you will be high up enough to reach a crack in the pillar. Shimmy to the right until it ends and jump back to land on a ledge which takes you towards the exit of the room.

bernardharold
2nd Jul 2007, 20:48
Interesting Demarest, good thinking,
Did try to progress from behind central pillar, but only by single jump.
Have used double reversed jumps from angled slopes in other games but timing is usually so precise that you easily think it can't be done.
Incidentally, I use a PC, and choose the hard level, and I sometimes wonder whether I ought to play a lower level in order to master the gameplay and strategy before repeating at the hardest level.
She's now about to try my her patience with the Centaurs, from the posts I gather it's a mite troublesome.
Thanks for your comments.

Bahamut78
2nd Jul 2007, 21:22
Centaurs seems difficult. Just be sure you stun them properly by shooting when indicated during adrenaline dodges. Then, divest the shield from the stunned one using the grapple (be sure Lara is locked onto the stunned centaur). Shoot them again, until they use the petrifier beam, use the shield lying on the ground to reflect the beam on one of them; it will turn into stone. Shoot it for damage (recommended, shotgun for real damage). Rinse and repeat until both centaurs eat dust.

Jezyk
2nd Jul 2007, 21:40
Also remember to stop to duck when they start shooting petrifying rays at you. It helps A LOT :)

bernardharold
3rd Jul 2007, 20:46
Comments noted, and thanks for the tips,but I'm experiencing probs that nobody's mentioned.
I,ve not yet managed the AD despite hours of trying, though I've done it earlier in the game, Lara just rolls in the WASD direction.
If you survive for about 20mins the centaurs run out of fireballs, but even after pumping maybe 1000 bullets into them, the yellow life bar remains unaffected.
I,ve had them both petrified and used a shotgun at arms length with no effects to the life bar.
Whilst they are petrified and defenceless the grapple will not hold the shield even though the yellow action icon appears instantaneously.
I'm guessing that they are untouchable with the shield, but with a static shield my 'Q' and 'A' keys just dont work.
The only reduction in the yellow life bar is when they in error fireball each other on the way round.
Is this normal?