PDA

View Full Version : Please help with steam problem. :(

Everst
1st Jul 2007, 09:44
I recently bought just cause over steam, (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php) i overclocked my bandwidth to install it, D: 7gigs D:! and finally once it was installed, i click upon the exe and it came up with the vertex and shader error that ive read about... i attempted 3D-analyze but as i click the just cause exe in the steam folder it simply says steam cannot be found, im really sad :'(, as ive heard of people being able to play just cause with this method but not being bought retail and without the cds as ive purchased it of steam i cant do this D: please reply with a helpful or way of playing this great game D:!!

Ta. :) :(

mojomasta
4th Jul 2007, 20:16
I recently bought just cause over steam, (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php) i overclocked my bandwidth to install it, D: 7gigs D:! and finally once it was installed, i click upon the exe and it came up with the vertex and shader error that ive read about... i attempted 3D-analyze but as i click the just cause exe in the steam folder it simply says steam cannot be found, im really sad :'(, as ive heard of people being able to play just cause with this method but not being bought retail and without the cds as ive purchased it of steam i cant do this D: please reply with a helpful or way of playing this great game D:!!

Ta. :) :(

I'm having these same problems, too. I tried reinstalling graphics drivers, re downloading the game, and everything. I'm running an Asus P5LD2 motherboard, with an intel c2d e6400 on it, 2 gigs of no-name ddr2 667, and an ATI x1950XTX 512mb pci-e video card. I bought this game and would really appreciate to be able to play it. Thanks.

edit: tried the demo before purchasing the game, too. The demo ran fine, with no problems. It's what led me to buying the game.

Taquitos
5th Jul 2007, 11:37
Ok, I have the steam version of the game and ran into this error as well and I think I have a fix (?!?!?!)

It looks like a display error (obvious for some) but kept bumping into it no matter what I tried. Finally I figured it was corrupted files.

OK, I don't know if it's an issue with changing resolutions, but it seems likely. Try nuking the install and re-downloading it (I know it's a P.I.T.A.) and run the game without changing resolution settings. Seems odd, (who knows maybe I got lucky?) but it worked for me.

I got the Eidos Action pack and had problems with all 3 games getting them running.... Ever get the feeling like you're a beta tester? And if I am, where's my check? :whistle:

**edit** I just tried changing the resolution... the game ran fine. So much for reproducing the error. Unless if it's a problem with changing resolutions prior to the very first launch....