PDA

View Full Version : how will lara be finished?

Undiscovered_Tomb
1st Jul 2007, 04:27
their might be a time where they stop making tomb raider games so if they make the last tr game then how do u think it would be?

how would they finish lara?

or would they just make her have a last quest?

or just make it so she dies but she has somone to take her place lol

i was just thinking about this

tomb-raider-2
1st Jul 2007, 04:43
i dont really wanna think of that right now she has alot going for her atm shes still younge( only 10 :P in game years) and i dont ever want her to die off. Someday i hope the technology is even greater for future people to fall in lvoe with her. I just hope that the last legends that are supposed to be realesed to find her mum wont be the last!

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 04:46
Play the series. They already finished her ;)

Bampire
1st Jul 2007, 04:51
They did for a while, but then they brought her back.

katT
1st Jul 2007, 04:56
She's going too.... find the fountain of youth, drink from it, and that will be the end of the games. { after she re-wrote the laws of history, brought Larson back and fell in love with him...the butler died, and they got a cat. more specifically, a sphynx. } BUT! small episodes will come out by apple companies and will be downloadable to your i-Pod. then for the rest of eternity she will be in our lives. :)

NaughtyGirl
1st Jul 2007, 05:16
She died already but then somehow came back to life like Bobby Ewing;) so I don't think they will do THAT again.

I guess when they are ready to end it they can just make another clunker like AOD...that'll do it for sure:eek:

Dark Era
1st Jul 2007, 05:16
In the time that AOD came out (2003), i got information that the story would go something like this: Lara gained special powers and would turn evil, something happend to her, before that she trained another female Tomb Raider who would take over and that this would be the next TR.This supposed to happen in the Angel Of Darkness trilogy. I'm not joking, i really heard about this when the game was released.

I'm glad they brought Lara back and i think she will be around for a very long time.

boots
1st Jul 2007, 05:29
In the time that AOD came out (2003), i got information that the story would go something like this: Lara gained special powers and would turn evil, something happend to her, before that she trained another female Tomb Raider who would take over and that this would be the next TR.This supposed to happen in the Angel Of Darkness trilogy. I'm not joking, i really heard about this when the game was released.

o_O Wow, really? I can't imagine that a lot of people would be happy about that.

I just hope she has a long (game)life and is retired gracefully... I'm one of those people who has no qualms about killing off characters when necessary, so that would be fine for me. :whistle: The only thing I would be sad about is if she died a miserable death at the hands of a crappy game design. She's too good for that.

Maybe she should have her own tomb built, then far in the future someone can go raid it. :D She'd probably have the best traps, and, of course, a liberal sprinkling of incongruous medikits and ammo.

TanaisRahn
1st Jul 2007, 10:17
When Tomb Raider ends I wanna see Lara walking off into the background - a sly smile on her lips - she'll carry on raiding: even if we dont play it.

Phlip
1st Jul 2007, 10:30
When Tomb Raider ends I wanna see Lara walking off into the background - a sly smile on her lips - she'll carry on raiding: even if we dont play it.

I agree!

Tomb Radar
1st Jul 2007, 11:08
She'll realise she's in the wrong body, change her name to Larry and spend all her time on reality TV shows.

game_freak
1st Jul 2007, 11:09
o.m.g i never want lara croft to be finished... i reckon the makers should produce a t.r wen lara croft is old and grey... killing old mummies and old wolves lol.... how mint!

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 13:21
She died already but then somehow came back to life like Bobby Ewing;)

Woah! You're dating yourself. Though, I guess I just did too, eh? :o

Atheist
1st Jul 2007, 14:08
Someone should really clear up how Lara managed to go from being buried under thousands of tons of rock in a tomb deep under Egypt, to an apartment in Paris in one leap.

tombraiderxlegend
1st Jul 2007, 17:24
Someone should really clear up how Lara managed to go from being buried under thousands of tons of rock in a tomb deep under Egypt, to an apartment in Paris in one leap.

Seriously. xD

I never want Lara to end. I haven't even dated her yet. Except she's too good for me. Or that's what she says. Pfft. :]

Eh, Tomb Raider should and it will be around for awhile! I hope she's still around when i'm old and gray so my grandchildren can play it. I'm only a teenager right now. =P

Ricardo221
1st Jul 2007, 18:57
Lara's last moments will not be determined by a "final adventure", or an in-game death or retirement of any kind.

Her death will be determined by sales figures, profit margins, and box office gross receipts, if any more are to come. Once those slip below certain expectations, the end for Lara will be near. These slips in sales and profits can only come from players' loss of interest, which can only come from boring sequels or lack of innovation.

However, no matter how poor those sales figures become, someone will wait for the right time - say 5 years later - and reinvent the character again, breathing new life and once again spurring sales. Kinda like Legend all over again.

Same thing happened with Batman and Superman. It just takes time.

NizCroft
1st Jul 2007, 20:18
Lara is immortal. ;)

TR4ever
1st Jul 2007, 23:45
TR will end like, humm, never

Demarest
2nd Jul 2007, 00:12

What's the answer to 99 out of 100 questions?

Money ;)

ElevenTR
2nd Jul 2007, 07:35
Let me save some grief - SHE AINT GONNA DIE!!! end of discussion.

LegendLost
2nd Jul 2007, 18:37
Far be it from us to decide when she ends, but one day she might come to an end, and when that happens she BETTER have one heck of a story to tell!