PDA

View Full Version : Creating new motions: impossible or just really difficult?

maddermadcat
30th Jun 2007, 18:50
Like the title says, is there any way to create custom motions for new AIs? If not, I'm sure I'll manage; but if it can be done, please direct me to a tutorial or something of the like.

R_Soul
30th Jun 2007, 19:02
It is very difficult. On TTLG Weyoun released a motion editor, but it is a bit hard to use. I can't find a download link but you can search for all threads that he's started. v2.0.2 was the last version. I don't think there have been any more.

Actually creating the motions the hardest part because, although you can just use linear interpolation (set angles in start and end frames and the program fills in the intermediate frames), it won't look very natural until you make it smoother.

Your best bet is to try to download free motions, and see if they can be converted to the Thief format. I don't have much experience with that though.

maddermadcat
30th Jun 2007, 19:06
I'll see if I can find that motion editor. I don't know if this'll apply to how the motion editor works, but I've got some experience animating game characters, so converting free motions will be my last resort.

EDIT: Got the DromEd toolkit... Should make my life a bit easier. =D