PDA

View Full Version : Happy or unhappy?

Phlip
30th Jun 2007, 13:47
Are you happy or unhappy that the pulsating, fleshy, meaty walls have been removed?

I'm unhappy that they removed it. :(

Lara Cruz
30th Jun 2007, 14:08
Un-happy.
It was what made atlantis so ground-braking, fantastic, fascinating and it was so un-expected.
TR:A was amazing, but its not as shocking to find out atlantis was a alien type of place then too see flesh and veins pumping on the walls. I hope this was due to little time and not CD's intention to remove it :/

MercuryRapids
30th Jun 2007, 14:51
Unhappy... Atlantis was a terrific level in TR1, but in TR:A, it's just frustrating... :(

Ricardo221
30th Jun 2007, 14:53
CD seems to take pleasure in admitting they wanted to change and remove things. This is evident in a lot of the commentaries that are unlocked and played. Toby (Gard) will remember all of these fantastic creations from the original, and the CD guy will usually come back with "we wanted to change the... we wanted to update the look of... we wanted to remove the... we wanted to make the room more open..."

I really hate when we says that becuase it's all "we" "we" "we" and not "the fans wanted" or "the fans asked for"...

This should have been a fan-created game for the most part.

I haven't played the Atlantis commentaries yet. [I will never call this level The Great Pyramid either. It will always be Atlantis.]

Phlip
30th Jun 2007, 15:01
CD seems to take pleasure in admitting they wanted to change and remove things. This is evident in a lot of the commentaries that are unlocked and played. Toby (Gard) will remember all of these fantastic creations from the original, and the CD guy will usually come back with "we wanted to change the... we wanted to update the look of... we wanted to remove the... we wanted to make the room more open..."

I really hate when we says that becuase it's all "we" "we" "we" and not "the fans wanted" or "the fans asked for"...

This should have been a fan-created game for the most part.

I haven't played the Atlantis commentaries yet.
I completely agree! :) :(

Tiri Li
30th Jun 2007, 17:13
Unhappy.

While the graphics were greatly improved for that area, I still think they should have made the walls more fleshy, instead of having red fungus on some of them.

I also miss the constant heartbeat in the background.

NaughtyGirl
30th Jun 2007, 17:30
the whole level is condensed and different and made me sad....:(

Captain Mazda
30th Jun 2007, 17:48
I love it.

TheRidster
30th Jun 2007, 17:57
Happy!! I did not like the original atlantis that much!

Mertz523
30th Jun 2007, 18:03
VERY Happy.

Atlantis was just...weird in the original.

I love everything about Anniversary.

Ricardo221
30th Jun 2007, 18:13
Unhappy.

While the graphics were greatly improved for that area, I still think they should have made the walls more fleshy, instead of having red fungus on some of them.

I also miss the constant heartbeat in the background.

This is the same heartbeat heard in the sunken ship level in Tomb Raider 2, right? I think only the PC version of TR1 had the heartbeat sounds, but not the PS or Saturn versions.

Phlip
30th Jun 2007, 18:39
Atlantis was just...weird in the original.

It was unique.

boots
30th Jun 2007, 19:03
It was unique.

It was gross.

I liked it. :thumbsup:

eta: Ricardo221, which level of the sunken ship do you mean? Or the whole thing? :scratch: I don't remember any heartbeats in that. Now I want to go check.

I just loaded up the Atlantis level in the original because I have it on the PS1, and there are definitely heartbeat noises, although they're very faint. I'm not actually sure if it's supposed to be a heartbeat or something else, but it sounds like one.

There's also some kind of icky gurgling but you can hear the thumping behind that.

Tiri Li
30th Jun 2007, 19:10
This is the same heartbeat heard in the sunken ship level in Tomb Raider 2, right? I think only the PC version of TR1 had the heartbeat sounds, but not the PS or Saturn versions.

I play TR1 on the PS1, I *swear* there are heartbeat sounds. And I havnt got very far in TR2, so no idea about the sunken ship XD

Mertz523
30th Jun 2007, 19:38
It was unique.

It was disturbing...and not how I or many feel Atlantis looked like. It just didn't make sense.

I like the way Crystal handled it. Makes sense being a lost remnant of Atlantis rather than it BEING Atlantis.

Phlip
30th Jun 2007, 19:43
O'well, I absolutly adored those pulsating bleeding veiny walls that would pump blood within organs. The pink flesh on the walls that would taste like sick if you dared taste it. The lovely but at the same time ugly juicy blood running down the watery flesh that would move, beat and squidge. The fact that... ok I think you get the piture now lol. XD :D

Mertz523
30th Jun 2007, 19:45
O'well, I absolutly adored those pulsating bleeding veiny walls that would pump blood within organs. The pink flesh on the walls that would taste like sick if you dared taste it. The lovely but at the same time ugly juicy blood running down the watery flesh that would move, beat and squidge. The fact that... ok I think you get the piture now lol. XD :D

My my...disturbing 'lil fellow, aren't you Phlip?

;)

Phlip
30th Jun 2007, 19:48
My my...disturbing 'lil fellow, aren't you Phlip?

;)

I'm sorry, I wanted to try and make you vomit. :lol: j/k :)

boots
30th Jun 2007, 19:56

Ah, never mind. I found it. It was the Living Quarters area... and the PS version does have the heartbeat sound. Strange thing to find in a sunken ship, but all right.

It doesn't sound the same as the Atlantis one, exactly. But then heartbeats in games more or less all sound the same anyway.

Yes, I just spent about ten minutes finding that out. I should get out more. :rolleyes:

The more you know! *information chime*

Rai
30th Jun 2007, 23:55
I'm positively delighted CD changed the look of these levels. I didn't like the pulsating walls at all. I realise it was meant as a breeding ground for Nata's mutants, you still get that in anniversary, but now I get the feeling of an alien like temple as well. Rather like it is a part of what Atlantis was before Natla took it over for her little project. Much better.

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 01:21
The poll is missing an option. I am indifferent. The flesh walls in TR were intersting. The graphics in TRA are stunning and it IS, after all, a different game.

Capkeez
1st Jul 2007, 02:05
what pulsating meaty walls? from TR1? i thought the pyramid in TRA looked really futuristic for some reason...

LegendLost
1st Jul 2007, 02:15
TR1 had pinkish flesh and skin that was alive for walls.
TRA had this amazing glowing temple look too it.

There ya go for all who were confused.

Bampire
1st Jul 2007, 02:22
I miss it. );

boots
1st Jul 2007, 02:25
what pulsating meaty walls? from TR1? i thought the pyramid in TRA looked really futuristic for some reason...

You're not alone on that. The new design a little Stargatey for my tastes, but it still looks gorgeous so I'm not complaining. I don't mind that they changed it except for the fact that I can't help but think the nasty pulsing meat would have looked so cool with the updated graphics. So it's kind of a shame they did.

katT
1st Jul 2007, 03:20
i just liked it because the pulsing walls slowed down my computer....

LisaB1962
2nd Jul 2007, 16:59

You should play Silent Hill 3 then, Phlip. Pulsing, bleeding walls galore!

Back on topic, I didn't mind the redesigned look so much as a return to the Legend-esque straightpipe level design.

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 22:47
i like the new look b/c remember, (by speculation of course) atlantis is or was supposed to be a human city

i like the rune writing too