PDA

View Full Version : gym 7 artifact

mother1
30th Jun 2007, 11:43
Hi, I'm a newcomer to the forum and a fan of Tomb Raider. Need help in going for the 7th Artifact in the gym, TR Anniversary. Can wall run quite well but not able to find the "sweetspot" in jumping from the wall onto the slope. Can anyone help, are there any tactics or direction that work best?

aussie500
30th Jun 2007, 13:16
Do the wall run from the higher hand hold, press left direction to jump and do the wall run, keep left pressed and when she turns to come back press jump. If she misses you might need to adjust the height of the rope before jumping, in which case you would get her speed up, as she runs away from you press left and as soon as she turns press jump. If the camera insists on moving just force it back so it is behind her as she runs towards the switch, also make sure you press the switch to move the swing pole, before doing the wall run for the secret.

boots
30th Jun 2007, 18:53
Or if it's easier you could just keep the camera facing the wall, in which case you would need to jump "down" instead of left. You won't be able to see it but since you know it's right there it isn't that big a deal.

I've always needed to shorten the grapple line whenever I try to get there. Even if she makes it to the pillar, if she's too low she'll fall right off! Use the wall markings as a guide, she should be just a little bit above that.

Then like aussie500 says, wait until she's just turned.

mother1
1st Jul 2007, 08:30
Many thanks to aussie500 and boots. Will try them out. Personaly have found it the hardest thing since Tomb Raider came out. Have been so close then uurgh.