PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

Taurus
30th Jun 2007, 11:04
Golden Shotgun for Complete all Lost Island Time Trials (Alot easier with right weapons i.e. Mini-SMG mostly), seems to be 1 shot kill.
Making other Time Trials a BIT easier.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Lara Cruz
30th Jun 2007, 11:09
Its true that the golden shotgun one-hit-kills and that you get it when you have completed the 3 lost island levels. :)

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 11:56
It won't be one hit against bosses, but it does major damage just the same.

Lara Cruz
30th Jun 2007, 12:03
It won't be one hit against bosses, but it does major damage just the same.

Kills the T-rex ;)

Hannahi
30th Jun 2007, 13:10
Will it kill every opponent, though they wouldn't be near you? Just asking cos the normal shotgun is more powerful when the opponent is close.

LegendLost
30th Jun 2007, 15:45
My advice, Do the Atlantis time trials first. They give you so much time for them. Then once you have the golden shotgun (which kills all enemies in one shot except bosses, but it gets their rage up to 100% in one shot I think) The Peru, Greece, and Egyptian levels will be a lot easier with one shot kill, AND NO, THE DISTANCE DOESN'T MATTER, as long as you're within target range, they die in one shot.

Ricardo221
30th Jun 2007, 16:36
I finished the game without even using the shotgun. Once I found that some enemies aren't even pushed back by the force of the shot, I found it to be useless. This golden shotgun sounds quite attractive.

Tiri Li
30th Jun 2007, 17:11
Heh, I just did the peru time trials.

I guess doing the atlantis ones will be easier when I can see the enemies health and unlimited 50 Calbier ammo :D

I think the hardest level with be Natla's mines. Final conflict they give you *way* too much time for and i've pretty much got that grappling bit in the great pyramid sussed, so the rest is a piece of cake.

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 01:32
I finished the game without even using the shotgun. Once I found that some enemies aren't even pushed back by the force of the shot, I found it to be useless.The shotgun is the only weapon that will stun ALL non-boss enemies. The trick is to fire it at close range. Not quite a one shot kill, but it takes them out of the equation for a couple seconds. Also, the shotgun is a spread attack and can hit more than one enemy at a time sometimes.

I did Peru and THEN Lost City. The infinite 50 helped a lot IN Lost City.

Bampire
1st Jul 2007, 02:54
*Stands victorious! Has beaten Natla's mines with having about 2:30 minutes left. :3 Along with the Final Conflict, with having a minute or so left. Atlantis had about 2 minutes left. ;o

Tomraider
1st Jul 2007, 06:00
Ok I im on my last time trial! BUT!!! I am having the hardest time with the sanctuary of.....(forgot the rest of the name) !! The whole level is easy until i get to the room with the cat mummies,and centars! I kill them with the golden shotgun and all is good until!! I get to climbing the pillars! I get to the one where i have to wall run and jump backwards on the pillar...and i cant do that jump backwards jump!!!! It drives me insane!And what made me even more mad was! That i finally did that jump and was able to get to the first key hole for the scion piece! and i didnt remember how to get to the otherside!I ended up jumping down and killed it! I didnt make it! I played that level 3 times!.....It sucks having to do it again...but i must! :(

Bampire
1st Jul 2007, 06:51
Sanctuary of the Scion.. I tried doing the glitch, but I always cannot seem to surpass the glitch part.. So I practice that part until I get it.. So far, nothing xD Just so I can save myself 2 minutes! from going into the different rooms.

boots
1st Jul 2007, 08:09
Since we're all here anyway... I don't suppose anyone's got any strategies or tips for doing time trials? Or is it just more like "learn the level and then run like hell"? I want to try them out but I have a compulsion to do at least ten minutes of research before any undertaking.

Also does anyone else find it a bit cruel to make the Egypt TT reward be infinite health? :confused: That's kind of like sending you through the Lost Island levels and then gaining immunity to fire and really annoying grapple puzzles. Thanks, CD. :thumbsup:

Tiri Li
1st Jul 2007, 09:08
Heh, I have the golden shotgun now. Natla's mines was very easy, I used the 50 calbier cheat to get weapons and skip the fuses ^^. The level took be around 7 min.

What do silver SMGs do?

Phlip
1st Jul 2007, 09:17
They just kill quicker and are so much fun to use. :D

Taurus
1st Jul 2007, 18:15
My advice, Do the Atlantis time trials first. They give you so much time for them. Then once you have the golden shotgun (which kills all enemies in one shot except bosses, but it gets their rage up to 100% in one shot I think) The Peru, Greece, and Egyptian levels will be a lot easier with one shot kill, AND NO, THE DISTANCE DOESN'T MATTER, as long as you're within target range, they die in one shot.

You can kill centaurs with JUST golden shot without having to worry about gettting shields and returning the gaze.
Just keep shooting with golden shot gun and they die real quick.

LegendLost
1st Jul 2007, 18:19
You can kill centaurs with JUST golden shot without having to worry about gettting shields and returning the gaze.
Just keep shooting with golden shot gun and they die real quick.

Is that a question, or can you really kill them just by shooting?

Demarest
2nd Jul 2007, 00:27
Is that a question, or can you really kill them just by shooting?

...with a golden shotgun, yes.

Jezyk
3rd Jul 2007, 15:50
Does anyone know what's the prize for beating the Croft Manor time trial? Is it worth it??

Tomb Radar
3rd Jul 2007, 15:58
...with a golden shotgun, yes.

And silver Mini SMGs. :)

Demarest
3rd Jul 2007, 17:16
Does anyone know what's the prize for beating the Croft Manor time trial? Is it worth it??

None. No. In fact, I found this one to be the second hardest of them all. If you have done all the others though, you might as well do Croft Manor too to get the full experience.

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 23:31
i am finding st. francis folly time trial highly frustrating.

thecoolstinger
5th Jul 2007, 02:34
sacnutary of the scion is retarded

LegendLost
5th Jul 2007, 02:45
sacnutary of the scion is retarded

your having trouble?

I thought Obelisk was pure murder, Sanctuary wasn't THAT bad. Good luck though, If you have the Golden shotgun it is MUCH easier.

thecoolstinger
6th Jul 2007, 03:13
haha, no i got it tonight and ive played this game so much i feel like writing a faq. it isnt a good idea to try the sanctuary time trial on july 4th after some drinks. or any time trial for that matter lol.

yeah obelisk was hard. st francis folly, obelisk, sanctuary are hard i think. i really didnt find the atlantis ones difficult at all.