PDA

View Full Version : Wii version is gonna be different! (plus a new Lara render!)

Joshorty
30th Jun 2007, 05:03
From Nintendopower.com, someone from the Tombraiderforums.com found this sick magazine scan:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8121/trawiisv7.jpg

Well according to all the info I've found out, there'll be new additional stuffs that won't be found in the versions we have now SUCH AS a A FLASHLIGHT:D!!!

And DarkGrey from the Tombraiderforums.com had found some interesting information and highlighted the possibilities of the Wii verison having new stuffs:

Bill Gardner: There are two things that come to mind. I'm a PlayStation 2 and 3 owner, but everybody knows that it's massively expensive to develop a great PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 game. I mean, it really is. Whereas, the Wii version, if you do it right, there's some gameplay in there that doesn't exist on the other platforms - it's just not there. So, why should Wii owners be excited? A) we're committed to being in the market; B) we're going to add that gameplay to the Wii products.
[quote]
You know how Lara jumps around? Some of that is going to be really interesting to do with the Wii controllers. Much more interesting than it is to press a button. Going that route, then you start thinking about some of the things Lara can do if you were to expand in that direction. That's kind of where I see us going with it. So we'll test the waters, try to do things right and do them well because that is the right market for it. This is a great opportunity for us to not only support Nintendo, but to find new consumers.

Original IGN article can be found here (http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788338p1.html)

Remember, the additional levels can only be a possibility...but other than that, I can't wait:D

NightRain'06
30th Jun 2007, 05:48
LOL... I'm so tempted to buy the Wii and get the game for that too. I could only imagine how unusually cool it'd feel to play with the Wii remote and nunchuck.
::dreams::

It'd probably physically drain me from doing all the same movements in attempts to progress after a certain checkpoint seeing as how I constantly sacrifice her unintentionally..... :rasp:

ETA: I love the new LC render. She looks smoother.

Tomraider
30th Jun 2007, 05:53
i need to get a wii!

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Jun 2007, 09:06
Ii thiink I sii a Wee Wii in our niir futiir. :cool:

Capkeez
30th Jun 2007, 09:27
damn, that's not fair... but the screenshot shows a pretty familliar location...

30th Jun 2007, 09:55
Ii thiink I sii a Wee Wii in our niir futiir. :cool:

:lol:

tomb-raider-2
30th Jun 2007, 10:03
i have a Wii and i will definately buy it for wii. As i said i did finish it on ps2 but wii will be a challenge! Hope its out soon

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 12:20
How can they justify calling it the same name if it's a different game? :scratch:

Rydell
30th Jun 2007, 13:59
Wow this looks so awesome! I'm subscribed to nintendo power so should I be getting that article in my next issue?

Ricardo221
30th Jun 2007, 15:00
How can they justify calling it the same name if it's a different game? :scratch:

Because nothing on Wii is ever the same experience as on other consoles! Zelda Twilight Princess - same name as the Gamecube version but two totally different experiences. I wonder how the wall run will be done with the Wii controller?

Truthfully, I'm glad that the later version get new and improved things because those that get it last always get the bonuses. I don't have a Wii, but I like hearing people get excited about improvements rather than saying "oh, that game. I already have it for PS2. Why bother?"

I'm sure any "new" levels will eventually be made for the PC... us PS2 players are stuck with all the faults and glitches that can't be patched. :-(

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
30th Jun 2007, 17:22
Mna, I gotta buy a Wii! FAST!!! I see those are the controls. Love them!:thumbsup: :cool:

Joshorty
1st Jul 2007, 00:06
Wow this looks so awesome! I'm subscribed to nintendo power so should I be getting that article in my next issue?
Then DO provide us scans!:D! That's when you do have it of course.

NightRain'06
1st Jul 2007, 00:43
If I had the Wii, I could just imagine having her throw the Grapple Hook around randomly, pretend I'm (or she's) Scorpion and say "Get over here !!" :D :rasp:

Maybe the gesture to do the grapple would be to stretch/throw out your arm forward with the nunchuck like Scorpion in MK. Hmm.. :scratch: <~ Ponders.

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 01:19
Because nothing on Wii is ever the same experience as on other consoles! Zelda Twilight Princess - same name as the Gamecube version but two totally different experiences. I wonder how the wall run will be done with the Wii controller?Then you call it a different name. How would you feel if you paid for a Ford Mustang and received something different? That's the point of having names and titles ;)

Capkeez
1st Jul 2007, 02:02
games like far cry and advanced warfighter have games with the same name on different platforms. each is completely different except for the storyline.