PDA

View Full Version : Have you finished?

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 01:15
Whether you have or you haven't, I thought I'd share my little Adrenaline Dodge technique that I used in the final battle with Natla. I've been resisting because I didn't want to ruin anything for those who haven't finished the game, but I figured if you got that far, then you got a handle on the Dodge.
And if you didn't get a handle on it, then you either got there with brute force and a lot of bullets (which is unlikely considering that boss battles seem to require the Dodge), or somebody played the game for you, and this will help them and not you.

And I apologize to the designers at CD, but this is too good to keep to myself...and the other guy I told.

Here it is.

You're fighting Natla. Her Adrenaline Rage kicks in. Now when she charges at you, run at her head-on. That's right, head-on. When the slow-mo starts, hit the Dodge button. The reticles line up on the sweet spot. BANG! Now--and this is very important--don't take your finger off the targeting button, because you're not done yet. When the Dodge ends, start blasting away.

It was a great technique and I used it on the first run of the game. I just couldn't keep it to myself. And I didn't want this to go by unnoticed.

NaughtyGirl
30th Jun 2007, 01:32
...actually that's part of Natla's special fight, you dodge her and then you shoot at the green thingee on her back and that takes away her health. All the bosses had a special trick of their own (T-rex-spikes, Centaurs-shield, Abomination-hand/ledge).

...and PS it's in the walkthrough :D

but I give you a big ole hug for sharing!!!!:thumbsup:

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 01:34
Adrenaline Dodge, quite useful mostly For the bosses... Like the centaurs and the T-rex and the Gorrila's.. but I LOVE it g2g pizza

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 01:38
...actually that's part of Natla's special fight, you dodge her and then you shoot at the green thingee on her back and that takes away her health. All the bosses had a special trick of their own (T-rex-spikes, Centaurs-shield, Abomination-hand/ledge).

...and PS it's in the walkthrough :D

but I give you a big ole hug for sharing!!!!:thumbsup:

I know, I know. I've been using Prima's strategy guide, though, and it doesn't say anything about doing a flip right over the top of Natla. And I also figured it out for myself. :rasp: :rasp: Proud of me?

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 02:02
You use Prima I use a Video walkthrough =) I Think saying sites and links is against site rules so, ill keep ot to myself unless im aloud to say it through a PM

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 02:04
When I fought Natla, I learned that only dodging backwards seemed to work and even then, her wing span would sometimes clobber me just the same. When I tried flipping over her, not only did it work religiously, but it was more reliable in locking onto her back. She was toast in no time.

NightRain'06
30th Jun 2007, 02:26
I just finished. I was actually expecting another level. :confused: :D Took me about two and a half weeks playing very casually. Reason for the long duration was she's died so much.... :o

I figured out how to defeat Natla in one try since there's a pattern and with the assistance of numerous medipacks too.

"Sooner or later, you'll run out of bullets." ~ she said. I laughed at that ! :lol:

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 02:40
You use Prima I use a Video walkthrough =) I Think saying sites and links is against site rules so, ill keep ot to myself unless im aloud to say it through a PM

I don't use the online walkthrough because it's easier to play with the book right by my side, since I'm playing PS2.

And...the book has pictures.

NaughtyGirl
30th Jun 2007, 11:51
Proud of me?

:thumbsup: of course I am!!! You smarty, you ;)

Tiri Li
30th Jun 2007, 17:18
Sometime dodging over her doesnt even work, so I alternate between forward and backwards. The thing about gonig backwards is that if you fire the shot before she turns her back, even if the little reticules have overlapped and turned red, it won't work. :mad2:

Lectrician
1st Jul 2007, 09:25
I finally beat her on second try. Half the time I tried to flip over her I did a roll into her.

I have to say I liked the first three quarters of the game the most. The last quarter was much more about just finishing the game as the puzzle part seemed not as important as how fast you can click buttons and mash down on the trigger. From Pyramid on I'm not really sure I had any fun.

Overall it was a great game.