PDA

View Full Version : Arghh....The Centaurs

The_Elite_One_13
29th Jun 2007, 18:17
Very irritated....those dumb centaurs at the temple very challenging....I know what I'm supposed to do but I just can't manage..any hints, tips, ideas...PLEASE!!!!!!!!:mad2:

Demarest
29th Jun 2007, 18:45
Actually, many people have already put forth a lot of effort into helping others on this very subject here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69327) and here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69725).

I JUST got done fighting them again myself. I did a few things differently that made it a lot easier. Use your pistols to stay focused on ONE of them. He'll get enraged and go to do the gaze. Holster your pistols and start rolling around. When he stops, get out your pistols again and again, focus on one. This time when they become enraged, one will charge. I just found out that you can do an Adrenaline Dodge if you're already moving. In a situation like this, it is a LOT easier. And since AD backwards works to and you have plenty of room this shouldn't be hard. Just keep moving and when he gets near, press Crouch/Roll and you will perform an AD. Once stunned, put away your pistols and grapple his shield from him.

Now again pull out your pistols and concentrate on one. Only this time, do all your shooting from about where the shield lies. Once they're enraged and begin the gaze, immediately press Interact. Though not necessary, it helps to face the one that still has the shield. It's possible to kill him before taking his shield, which will make the rest of the battle go faster. Either way, once petrified, either pull out your 50's or get close and use the Shotgun. Unload until he's animated again or until he dies. If he animates again, try and take note as to which one it was.

If one of the Centaurs still has a shield, the next enraging will require you to follow the tips for dealing with that scenario above. Otherwise, you just repeat the process for stoning THEM until they're both dead, starting with the one you've already worked on. Remember, to conserve ammo, use pistols to enrage them and heavy duty stuff to kill them as statues.

This is why you should've searched and posted in one of the existing topics. Everybody pooling their tips in ONE place means anybody looking will have all the answers they need right away :)

TheRidster
29th Jun 2007, 18:52
I think Demarest as covered everything and directed you to the correct threads!
The only advice I can give you then is to try and remain calm. I had difficulty because they were making me too agitated causing me to make mistakes. Good luck anyway:o

Beebsmama
30th Jun 2007, 02:07
Hi everyone! I watched movies on youtube and see the people playing. They seem to be able to swoop-jump sideways and fire at the same time during the adrenaline dodge to do the head shot. I can't do it!! I know I have to hit the circle (playing on PS2) button to perform the dodge but all that does is make me crouch and the centaur runs over me so I can't shoot. I have tried to fire and tap circle or jump at the same time but all he does is stomp me! Does anyone know do I have to do something special with my control setup to get this head-shot business to work? Do I have to hit the circle quickly and then jump or push them at the same time? I've read everyone's frustration on here and boy, am I with you! Appreciate any help anyone is willing to give - thanks :) First time doing a post so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.....

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 02:28
Well if ur using a Pistol the wait for the two O to meet and form one O and then Shoot BUT dont shoot when the two circles are starting to conjoin or it wont work.

Also Welcome to the FORUMS

Beebsmama
30th Jun 2007, 03:01
Thanks for the welcome!! Looks like a great place to get help although I don't understand what you mean about the circle coming together. On PS2 the circle comes up fully formed - it is really the circle that is telling me to use the circle button as I am playing it on the easy level. Thanks so much anyway!!

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 03:14
Thanks for the welcome!! Looks like a great place to get help although I don't understand what you mean about the circle coming together. On PS2 the circle comes up fully formed - it is really the circle that is telling me to use the circle button as I am playing it on the easy level. Thanks so much anyway!!

No, he means the reticles, the two targets that move in when the Adrenaline Dodge is activated. And from the sounds of it, you haven't been able to activate it. There's a lot of info around here to let you know how it works.

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 03:27
Yep. And your very difficult has been covered. You want to be pressing a direction already when you press Crouch/Roll. Since the Centaur fight takes place on a LARGE plot of land, from the moment you see their rage bar fill up, you can begin a retreat. When one charges, THEN press Crouch/Roll while still pressing A direction. You will Adrenaline Dodge. When you do, THEN you will see the reticules and when they join (it's audible as well), shoot.

Beebsmama
30th Jun 2007, 03:40
Thanks guys! I DID IT!! I KILLED THOSE MEAN JERKS!! I figured out the BIGGEST thing I was doing wrong was I was just trying to plain shoot with the R1 button instead of using the L1 button to target lock! Duh! I can't tell you how many hours I wasted not knowing this! I did search around here but seemed the most info was for people playing on PC so I didn't catch that. How wonderful to need help and be able to just type in a question and have all these awesome people willing to answer and help. So glad I discovered this site. Thanks again and have a great night!

Ricardo221
30th Jun 2007, 03:41
Amazing... my first encounter with the Centaurs took me about 3 hours to kill them. With all the missed adrenaline dodges and deaths and frustrations, it was 3 hours of hell before resorting to a FAQ.

So now, 2 weeks later, I am replaying the Centaurs again for the first time since the original encounter, and I get all my AD's and kill them on the first try.

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 03:46
Thanks guys! I DID IT!! I KILLED THOSE MEAN JERKS!! I figured out the BIGGEST thing I was doing wrong was I was just trying to plain shoot with the R1 button instead of using the L1 button to target lock! Duh! I can't tell you how many hours I wasted not knowing this! I did search around here but seemed the most info was for people playing on PC so I didn't catch that. How wonderful to need help and be able to just type in a question and have all these awesome people willing to answer and help. So glad I discovered this site. Thanks again and have a great night!

Night? It's night out...oh, yeh, it is. I've been here too long.

Beebsmama
30th Jun 2007, 03:48
Night? It's night out...oh, yeh, it is. I've been here too long.

Yeah, me too - signing off - take care

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 04:06
No, he means the reticles, the two targets that move in when the Adrenaline Dodge is activated. And from the sounds of it, you haven't been able to activate it. There's a lot of info around here to let you know how it works.

FINNALY some understands me i thought i was making no sense at all:scratch: im going :nut: some1 save me. thank you for understanding what i mean hippie

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 04:08
The target lock during an Adrenaline Dodge is automatic. Makes me wonder what buttons you are REALLY talking about. Or how (if at all) the different targetting systems work.

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 04:18
The target lock during an Adrenaline Dodge is automatic. Makes me wonder what buttons you are REALLY talking about. Or how (if at all) the different targetting systems work.

wait who are you talking to its confusing me. thinking to much gives me a headache..

Alexlovesguns
30th Jun 2007, 05:34
I did this part today... ouch :eek: .

My tip for the centaurs is to use the 50 caliber pistols, they really are much stronger than the regular pistols and will stun and kill the centaurs very fast.
Other than that stay calm and use the wright keys.

It might feel impossible at first but its just like the t-rex, after you do it once its a walk in the park and even fun to do again.

Demarest
30th Jun 2007, 12:03
wait who are you talking toBeebsmama. The person who mentioned platform specific buttons.

Beebsmama
30th Jun 2007, 13:52

What I meant was before I was not using the "target lock" which is the L1 button on PS2 controller, at all. I was using the the R1 button to shoot. So when they started coming at me and my game brought up the circle button on the lower right corner to do the adrenaline dodge, if I tried to back up to get ready to do the head shot, she wasn't targeting anything so she would just turn around and run away instead of backing up. Now when I do it, when the AD starts, I have the L1 button held, I start to back up, tap the circle button and she automatically starts like surging acrobatically to the side and the reticles come together (thanks Towel) and it lets me perform the head shot. Without that L1 button she has no chance to do any moves and no reticles appear at all. That is why I had no clue what Towel was saying about the circle coming together. I hope I described this right so it might possibly help someone else! I get confused when pushing several buttons at once is a requirement! :nut:

Demarest
1st Jul 2007, 01:25
I don't have to press anything to aim. So again, I'm wondering which combat mode you're using. I use Advanced Toggle and I've never had to aim at anybody. It's done automatically. I wonder if using a different combat mode is what gives so many people such troubles with the AD.