PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at the end of The Lost Valley

BeatrixKiddoVSLaraCroft
29th Jun 2007, 15:10
Hi,

I'm new to this forum (Hi!) & loving TRA so far but I'm stuck at the end of The Lost Valley level & would greatly appreciate some help.

I'm ready to go through the passageway that has opened behind the waterfall (just before the end of the level), and am just going to collect the last artifact at the top of the waterfall. I've climbed under the wooden log but the current is still flowing and I can't swim far enough down the tunnel where the last artifact (apparently) is.

Have I missed something or cocked up somewhere? :mad2:

Thanks!

Jo.

Tomb Radar
29th Jun 2007, 15:21
Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

You need to use all three cogs on the mechanism at the side of the waterfall. :)

Tiri Li
29th Jun 2007, 15:25
I'm sorry but I can't quite understand where you are from your post.

I'm guessing that you mean the Relic, and have lowered the 'gate' by the waterfall,openening the entrance to the tomb of qualopec.

It still looks like the current is flowing, but Lara should now be able to swim in any direction along the river. You need to have opened the gate by flicknig the switch above it. To do so, go to the place where you pick up the second cog (by the bridge you can shoot down) and jump to the ledge in front of you on your left. Move along the ledges - you should be able to work out which way to go, jump onto the platform, run along and hit the switch.

Then jump into the water, and the gate should be open. Swim into the tunnel to the end, surface, and pick up the relic.

And welcome to the forums :D

Demarest
29th Jun 2007, 16:05
You need to use all three cogs on the mechanism at the side of the waterfall. :)

He spoke as if that was already done.

If you're experiencing current, you're too far up the river. If you're at the dam that you lowered and swimming upstream, the gate is underwater, to your right, and not far at all from the dam.

And don't think your Kill Bill name went unnoticed ;)

BeatrixKiddoVSLaraCroft
2nd Jul 2007, 14:22
Hi guys,

Thanks - it was just me being stupid! I was swimming too far up the river & it was one of those 'not as complicated as it sounds' jobbies.

On to the Joys of St. Francis Folly now... (God that drove me crazy first time around - I can't believe it's been 10 years, aaagghhh, feel.. so... old...).

Thanks again - great forum!

Jo

P.S Demarest - thanks for noticing! I'd love to see those two in a face-off, but I suppose my money would have to be on lara ;)