PDA

View Full Version : Aggregate Opinions, Vote Here

Lexxy
28th Jun 2007, 14:05
These threads are brilliant for discussion, but I'm finding it hard to get a unified overview of opinion. To combat this I've taken everybodys major points and added them to an open survey system to allow a visual, graphical representation of our views.

If you folks think this is a good idea, I'll do the same for the future, follow up threads and update this post.

Currently Active Aggregate Surveys:

1: What would you of liked to of seen in BSM? : Click Here To Participate. (http://www.dominionstudios.net/bloghtml/index.php?itemid=200) (Results (http://bsm.dominionstudios.net/static/bsmsurvey/survey_admin.php?survey_id=1&survey_option=results_survey&external_dump))
2.1: What was redundant in BSM? : Click Here To Participate. (http://www.dominionstudios.net/bloghtml/index.php?itemid=201) (Results (http://bsm.dominionstudios.net/static/bsmsurvey/survey_admin.php?survey_id=2&survey_option=results_survey&external_dump))
2.2: What could help BSM be more accessible? : Click Here To Participate. (http://www.dominionstudios.net/bloghtml/index.php?itemid=202) (Results (http://bsm.dominionstudios.net/static/bsmsurvey/survey_admin.php?survey_id=3&survey_option=results_survey&external_dump))

Cheers,

-Lexxy.

Keir
28th Jun 2007, 14:41
You, sir, ROCK!

This is really great. We have carried out some quantitative research like this, but is it OK with you if I open this up the to the wider community? It's a really cool survey :thumbsup:

Lexxy
28th Jun 2007, 14:51
Thanks Keir.

I'm actually planning on drawing up a white paper from this raw data too, so data can be visualized side by side.

It will be okay for a public deployment of this survey, but if you can give me the rest of today at least to ensure the system is stable that would be appriciated.

Thanks again,

-Lexxy.

sblendo
28th Jun 2007, 14:56
Nice work Lexy!

PS: can you put Mines and Mine Sweepers on the List?

Keir
28th Jun 2007, 15:03
Thanks Keir.

I'm actually planning on drawing up a white paper from this raw data too, so data can be visualized side by side.

It will be okay for a public deployment of this survey, but if you can give me the rest of today at least to ensure the system is stable that would be appriciated.

Thanks again,

-Lexxy.

Yes of course. I'll send you a PM.

Scipio65
28th Jun 2007, 15:13
Nice work Lexxy. Funny, based on Keir's response I would say you have added an element that was not going to be utilized by them.

This should really help prioritize our preferences on the different changes to BS:M 2

Lexxy
28th Jun 2007, 15:39
@sblendo,

Erk sorry man I missed it. Theres a limitation with the script, once a survey has responses it can't be modified for fairness reasons. I'll somehow integrate your point into the next one.

@Scipio65

Cheers :) Glad to be of help.

-Lexxy.

sblendo
28th Jun 2007, 15:54
I'll get you for this Lexxy...and your little dog too!;)

no worries and again...way to step up.

Keir
28th Jun 2007, 16:10
Nice work Lexxy. Funny, based on Keir's response I would say you have added an element that was not going to be utilized by them.

This should really help prioritize our preferences on the different changes to BS:M 2

Well, we got an agency to carry out a load of quantitative research, but I think something like this coming from the community, and regular players will be really valuable for the dev guys.

I should emphasise that we can't guarantee that everything will go in the game as a result of this survey as I'm sure you can appreciate, but this certainly will be really helpful.

mortalstakes
28th Jun 2007, 16:29
that was excellent work!

It3llig3nc3
28th Jun 2007, 16:38
Well, we got an agency to carry out a load of quantitative research, but I think something like this coming from the community, and regular players will be really valuable for the dev guys.

I should emphasise that we can't guarantee that everything will go in the game as a result of this survey as I'm sure you can appreciate, but this certainly will be really helpful.

ON TOPIC
- I like this survey as well. Good idea!

OFF TOPIC
On the note of "what included what not" I would have a "reverse question" (now or later) towards EIDOS / DEV team. I assume during the development of the game there were studies or surveys to validate potential "customer needs". Reading a lot about the game it's development had some very sharp turns with regards to what type of game it should be.
Any chance we can get an insight of the rational as why the game ended up the way it is today? Was that a budget/finance decision? or something else?

Dremora Warlord
28th Jun 2007, 17:27
Great job! This really summed up a lot of stuff. I still want the option to build your own ship like you can a hound in the gamew chromehounds, where you could, you know, use it in a special playlist or something like that.

chip5541
28th Jun 2007, 23:30
I will throw in my "great job" comment. looks like we even have a couple of 100%

Dogmeatz
29th Jun 2007, 11:10
A BiG :thumbsup: Lexxy ...

I remembered an idea for island assaults as a game type last nite in my sleep hehe, dont need to post it now its in the list .. spooky :nut:

Lexxy
29th Jun 2007, 12:50
Top post updated with surveys 2.1 and 2.2.
Cheers.

-Lexxy.

Scipio65
29th Jun 2007, 13:05
Lexxy, is there anyway with this survey tool that you can post a control question at the beginning of each survey? Like asking what platform we play the game on? I know all we are looking for here are aggregate results, but it might help show why there are so many "indifferent" responses to some questions.

Lexxy
29th Jun 2007, 13:18
Although I could ask information about the users before each survey, I chose not too in favour of keeping focus on the game itself. On a survey-by-survey basis, knowing the platform bias may help a final written review, although each "indifferent" vote could not be directly correlated to an "XBOX" vote.

In many cases though, I hope indifferent votes are somewhat obvious to why someone would choose it. It tends to be either inapplicable to them, or they don't mind either way.

For example, in survey one, "Joystick Support" is mostly indifferent. This is probably because users don't use any custom joysticks and havn't been affected by the issue. Those that have, vote in favour.

It may be a good idea, at the end, to run a survey though on the distribution of platform users?

-Lexxy.

It3llig3nc3
29th Jun 2007, 20:39
Lexxy,

Having just completed the surveys one thing occurred to me: on subjects like "wish-lists" and agree/disagree type opinion is "too easy" for the voters in a sense that it is hard to determine which ones are more critical than others.
What I mean is that I agreed strongly to a lot of things but obviously it will be very difficult to make all of that happen.
Wouldn't it be better to build the survey in such a way that you would need to RANK the elements or even more illustrative is to have a "fixed total scoring" so let's say you have to distribute 20 "points" across all of them based on your feelings for importance...?

Lexxy
29th Jun 2007, 22:57
Hi int3llig3nc3,

The results from these surveys should be interpretted as raw data. To extract the information from this data (such as prioritisation) will take some time.

Im confident though that when I come to do a write up of this I'll be able to get some of this information you're looking for.

It will be possible to do further work though, including more variable surveys, if required.

-Lexxy.