PDA

View Full Version : Damocles Room - Stuck!

dovbniak
28th Jun 2007, 06:41
Hello there,

New to the forum but not to the game. However, I am a bit stuck and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem:

I am in the Damocles room and have the artifact and the key. However, I cannot get out of the room of swords. I can get to the first pillar and jump on it (the one near the switch that gets me access to the artifact). However, no matter what I do, Lara jumps onto the swords. I have tried running (as much as you can on a pillar) and have tried holding the jump key down as she jumps but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Dovbniak (love the game but very frustrated). :mad2:

Bampire
28th Jun 2007, 06:47
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/walkthrough/level05.html

Here. This'll help ya out.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

dovbniak
28th Jun 2007, 06:58
Thanks Goar,

I will check it out tomorrow. 2 am where I live...

Must...go...to...work...in...the...morning...

Towel
28th Jun 2007, 07:08
Goar you beat me to it, both things.. well i can always be the second to welcome you. but yea i had the link ready...

Bampire
28th Jun 2007, 07:38
For once I beat everyone else! Buahahaa :lol:

Towel
28th Jun 2007, 07:42
:lol: This Might Be your LAST time *EVIL LAUGH*

Bampire
28th Jun 2007, 08:41
I don't know, I can stay up pretty long, and I am addicted to forums.. (No, I don't waste my life on the compy.... Wait.. I have a life? Since when?)

L3ggy
28th Jun 2007, 09:01
*shuts downs Goar's computer* *EVIL LAUGH*

Alexlovesguns
28th Jun 2007, 09:36
Walkthrough's can spoil alot... he just has to jump to the top of the nearest column, climb the pilar all the way thru also ;).

Emilysdad
28th Jun 2007, 23:47
Guys, done all but can't get Lara to jump back from wall run onto pillar - about to delete the game now. What is the point of game designers making things so stupidly difficult without an alternative option so early in the game?

Demarest
29th Jun 2007, 00:17
Guys, done all but can't get Lara to jump back from wall run onto pillar - about to delete the game now. What is the point of game designers making things so stupidly difficult without an alternative option so early in the game?

Many people have beat the game. If you can't make it work, consider that maybe you're not doing it right.

When wall jumping, your camera can either be facing the wall or down the wall from either the left or the right. If you're facing the wall, you want to press down and jump. If you're facing down the wall, you press whichever direction (left or right) is opposite the wall.

The trick is to WAIT. When you're at the arc of your run, don't press it. When Lara turns around, don't press it. As soon as she's about to start running back, DO IT! The point being that she's no longer running towards the outside. A MUCH slimmer chance for the computer to interpret your command as to jump outwards when you in fact want to jump opposite the wall.

Emilysdad
29th Jun 2007, 00:21
Thanks for the advice Demarest - will give it a go!

Emilysdad
29th Jun 2007, 18:10
Demarest still trying and failing and getting really pissed off. This is an absolute failure of understanding the customer market by the developers as if you cannot complete this task the game is over on the fifth (out of fourteen) levels. If Eidos want repeat customers (and yes I played the very first Tomb Raiders) they should have born this in mind, as it is I can't be bothered to repeat this attempt indefinately in the hope that I will get a split second timing right - I have other things to do and play games for relaxation not frustration. Major ****up Eidos!

Demarest
29th Jun 2007, 18:48
Well the good news is that this manuever is only REQUIRED in a couple locations. In fact, here and once in Croft Manor are the only times it's required that I recall and the only other time I can think of is to get an optional artifact. You think the Damocles jump is hard, you should try that one!

What platform are you on? If you're on PC, you can just go to my pinned saves topic and grab whichever save is with the Damocles room completed. If you're on console, try and keep the camera where YOU want it as she's running towards the peak. Use digital controls to do the jump. I sometimes wonder if console users suffer at times like these due to the analog control not being interpreted properly or fast enough.