PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to master Adrenaline Dodge!!

scarecrowone
28th Jun 2007, 04:28
What kind of stupid move is this? I am trying to beat the Centaurs but to do that I have to be able to do the Adrenaline Dodge which I CANNOT DO!!!!:mad2: I have read the book repeatedly and have watched the video (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/walkthrough/boss_movies.html) many, many times. I have hit the buttons as per the instructions over, and over, and over again but I get nothing but run over EVERY time. Couldn't do it with the T-Rex (shot him to death) and I can't do it now. Does anyone have any great words of wizdom for my fragile mind that I might better understand how to do this move (the book just dosen't do it)? Thanks.:confused:

sheepface
28th Jun 2007, 04:43
Well what I normally do is when it gets fuzzy and blurry you side roll to the left or right coz it's easier those ways:p Then you wait for the reticle to go red then you shoot. It's important to wait for it to go red if you push it at any other time it screws up and the creature hits you.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

tiger
28th Jun 2007, 04:50
ScareCrowOne, did you get any practice time with that bear, from the top of the stairs, at the City of Vilcabamba area in Peru? (BTW a backwards-roll-and-shoot works on the bear, some-times.) Because some-times, the bear is not impressed with Lara's new trick. :D

*** Are you using a console or a PC, btw? ***

scarecrowone
28th Jun 2007, 05:39
I'm using the PC version. I guess I should have practiced on some easier adversaries but I always chose to shoot the hell out of them instead. I'll get it eventually. I just hope it dosen't take much more than a year or so.:D

TheRomans
28th Jun 2007, 06:03
Step One: Press direction button FIRST!
Step Two: Press roll only after you have completed Step One.
Step Three: ...
Step Four: PROFIT!

Hope that helps.

boots
28th Jun 2007, 06:05
Make sure you have enough distance between you and them, otherwise you'll get trampled regardless of when you hit the buttons. When they do their little enraged dance, back up! Then you should have enough time to dodge and shoot.

That's all I can think of. :confused: It might help to practice on smaller enemies. I used the raptors in Qualopec's tomb specifically. They only come one at a time and the corridors aren't too small. I'd kill and reload a few times just to get the hang of it.

Good luck! You'll get it soon enough. You might even enjoy it when you do. ;)

Demarest
28th Jun 2007, 06:18
Step One: Press direction button FIRST!
Step Two: Press roll only after you have completed Step One.
Step Three: ...
Step Four: PROFIT!

Hope that helps.

"Yeah yeah, but what's phase two?"
"Phase one, collect underpants... *raise arms* phase three, profit!" ;)

We're not doing the forum or future visitors any favors by having data scattered all over the place like this. The most collected AD thread I've seen is here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69850). And the two big Centaur threads are here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69327) and here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69725).

BTW, it doesn't matter which platform you're on. The strategy is the same.

Ghostwolfalpha
28th Jun 2007, 06:19
I have the PC version and I do have problem mastering adrenaline dodge, it's very difficult to press the combination of buttons at the same time on the keyboard than compared to just using a gamepad.

Discordia666
28th Jun 2007, 06:49
Hi Scarecrow,

a lot of people have had problems with this dodge. The forum has lots of threads about it.

The secret is you must be LOCKED onto the target, not just aiming at it. I find it best to simply hold the lock button down the whole time I am in a fight with one of these enemies. The lock button is the 'Combat Mode' button. By default, this is the right mouse button on the PC version. Hold it down and Lara will stay locked on the target even if it is out of range.

Keep you distance and fire until the Centaur becomes enraged. It will rear up. STOP firing, but DO NOT let go of the lock button. If you fire now, you will lose the headshot. Stand still and wait until the centaur rushes towards Lara. When the scren blurs, hold down the crouch button and hit right or left. Lara will roll but still hold her aim on the target. When the reticule flashes on the head and beeps, FIRE.

Be ready to grapple the shield as you only have a couple of seconds.

Good luck. :)

Demarest
28th Jun 2007, 06:51
So configure the buttons to something that's NOT challenging. For me, Crouch/Roll is F and directions are WASD. Since F is an auxiliary function to other games I play, this is an easy transition. If you're on PC, you can never complain about the controls because you have the ability to change them ;)

And can't we keep this discussion in the main AD thread so that everybody can benefit from it?

Discordia666
28th Jun 2007, 06:59
That thread has become long and full of conflicting views.

Is it not time to put together a definitive description of the dodge and make it a sticky?

Hippie
28th Jun 2007, 23:32
"Yeah yeah, but what's phase two?"
"Phase one, collect underpants... *raise arms* phase three, profit!" ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scarecrowone
30th Jun 2007, 00:16
I finally defeated the Centaurs. Thanks for all the suggestions, they really helped maintain my sanity. I think the best suggestion was "keep you cool" because if you panic you die. Oh, and moving my crouch/roll key somewhere that was convient for me was a stroke of genius. Thanks all!!!:D