PDA

View Full Version : Why can't wear new-outfits in game?

Astara
28th Jun 2007, 01:12
A bit of a "bummer" -- I finish levels and get some new outfits, but then I can't wear any of them in the dungeon -- probably can on a replay -- but wish it would just let me use my "winnings" and change clothes! Being stuck in the same outfit throughout the whole thing! You can tell this isn't a game aimed at women! :D

A*a

Demarest
28th Jun 2007, 01:49
You're not alone. See? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69571)

Since that thread, I've gotten into skinning. Since some people skin Outfits other than Anniversary, it's a real shame we don't have the option to do this. If you're on PC, you can try this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=97197). I've not tried it myself, though I enjoy using the text (not Outfit related) version mentioned towards the end.

28th Jun 2007, 08:37
It was the same in legend...

Rai
28th Jun 2007, 13:05
What do you mean you can't wear the outfits in game? Yeah you can. I think you have to complete each section first - Peru, Greece, Egypt and Atlantis, but you can. When you select 'Replay Level' you get to choose whether you play as easy, medium, hard or time trial and you can change the outfit before you play. You don't have to complete the whole game to replay a level, just a section. So if you want to replay 'City of Vilcabamba', you have to complete the whole of Peru first; if you want to replay 'Natla's Mines', you need to have completed the Atlantis (Lost Island) levels and so on. :)

Astara
29th Jun 2007, 07:09
What do you mean you can't wear the outfits in game?

I mean "finish levels, get new outfits, then wear them in the dungeon" [continuing on in new dungeon territory with the new outfit]. I.e. I might start in Peru, but I might like to change before going to Greece or Egypt, etc. Presumably she didn't use a site-2-site transporter to go to the different venues -- she likely went out into the world, maybe went home and equipped for the next adventure -- but part of going to a new location would be the likelihood of wearing different outfits: that would include the new clothes!:D
A*a

Atheist
29th Jun 2007, 09:48
Wait..so you have to complete the whole game before you can replay any of the levels with the outfits you unlocked? :confused:

EDIT: What's the 'dungeon'?

thomaswest8t
29th Jun 2007, 10:00
No Atheist you dont ahve to complete the game to wear them it just sounds like this player has a glitched version.

Tiri Li
29th Jun 2007, 10:34
You can only wear new outfits when you replay a level. Bit of a bummer.

You don't have to finish the entire game to wear outfits, don't worry. Just finish a 'Section'.

For cheats, however, you have to finish the game. Just like in Legend.

Atheist
29th Jun 2007, 10:38
So what's the 'dungeon'?

Tiri Li
29th Jun 2007, 10:40
So what's the 'dungeon'?

I think that s/he is using the term 'dungeon' to mean 'level'. There are no dungeons in TRA, unless you count Atlantis to be a Dungeon. Or the tombs.