PDA

View Full Version : need help here

croft58
27th Jun 2007, 20:49
so i am on the sphinx head and got the uzi but how do i get back down the grappling icon do not light up so she won t use it do i need patience or is there an other way:mad2:

Tomb Radar
27th Jun 2007, 20:50
I slid down one side of the head onto the left arm. Lost a tiny bit of health in the process.

boots
27th Jun 2007, 21:18
I think you're supposed to be able to grapple, but it never worked for me.

If you're careful, like Tomb Radar said, you can slide down... there's a ledge in the middle (under the face, I think? :scratch: ) that you can grab onto so you can drop down without getting hurt.

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 21:44
While a bit more difficult than most, it's very doable. Here's a pic of where I can make it work from. The rightmost point of the head dress. Face the direction in the picture, jump forward, and keep pressing grapple. She'll make it. Then you won't have to risk the minor damage from sliding off, the trek back up there, or having to fight the flying baddies again.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/sosuzigrapple.jpg

For future reference, you should consider more descriptive topic titles (most topics are seeking help). Also letting people know what stage you're talking about will help them help you. There's more than one sphinx in the game and I only knew which one you meant because you said Uzi.

croft58
27th Jun 2007, 23:29
While a bit more difficult than most, it's very doable. Here's a pic of where I can make it work from. The rightmost point of the head dress. Face the direction in the picture, jump forward, and keep pressing grapple. She'll make it. Then you won't have to risk the minor damage from sliding off, the trek back up there, or having to fight the flying baddies again.

For future reference, you should consider more descriptive topic titles (most topics are seeking help). Also letting people know what stage you're talking about will help them help you. There's more than one sphinx in the game and I only knew which one you meant because you said Uzi.

ok thank you very much for the advice about the topic didn't think about that
now i will try :scratch:

croft58
28th Jun 2007, 15:25
I slid down one side of the head onto the left arm. Lost a tiny bit of health in the process.

i finally ended up slidding down she never wanted to use her grapple

thanks everybody i passed it;)

TouchOfPink
28th Jun 2007, 17:20
I had the very same problem this afternoon, but I guess i'll take the same advice! Thanks :)

Discordia666
29th Jun 2007, 09:50
Actually, you can just go back the way you came. The grapple point doesn't seem to light up until Lara is airborne. Just run and jump back towards the platform you jumped from to get onto the Sphinx and then, once Lara is in the air, hit the grapple button.

Demarest
29th Jun 2007, 16:23
There's a platform? I can't speak for others, but I got up there directly from the grapple. :o This reminds me of the artifact in the Coliseum. I didn't realize there was a platform at all, so I tried about a dozen times to swing and jump in a fashion that would get me directly to the artifact only to later read that there's a pair of ledges you should be aiming for :lol: