PDA

View Full Version : Remember the voice but who is this woman I see??

contethra
27th Jun 2007, 17:32
I fell in love with the Lara Croft character in Tomb Raider:Legend, but I've no idea who this person is in Tomb Raider:Anniversary. I think an animator got fired and replaced by a teenager. Thank goodness they didn't fire the voice!!! Seriously, does anybody agree that this new face isn't nearly as hot?? TOOO BAD, SOO SAD!!!

Mangar The Dark
27th Jun 2007, 17:42
When I first saw the screenshots of TRA, I have to say, I was disappointed with how she looked. I thought she looked great in Legend, and I couldn't figure out why the changed her. I still can't figure out why they changed her (ok, maybe it's because she's younger in this game... I guess that's it), but I actually think she looks very good now. Maybe not quite as good as in Legend, but certainly countless times better than she did in the old games. And of course, the animations are better now, with little touches like using her feet when leaping up from a lower ledge. It looks more real now than it did in Legend.

Dark Era
27th Jun 2007, 17:44
Well, the human face/body changes in years, if you talk about reality.

Since TR: Anniversary is a remake and takes place 10 years ago, i think the game developers wanted to change her looks a bit. So they try to reflect the reality of life in the game and made her a bit younger.

If i take a photo of myself from 10 years ago i look a bit different then i do now.:D

NightRain'06
27th Jun 2007, 17:51
First of all, welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay. :) We're all bunch of friendlies around here. LOL..

To answer your question...

Well, since Anniversary was a remake (and tribute) to TR1, this version of Lara is supposed to be younger by ten years. The other difference is that she's wearing less makeup, too. :D

There's a thread somewhere in this forum where someone took a comparison closeup shot between the two faces. Hopefully someone else can find and post the link in here since I don't have the time to right now ?

Seriously though, initially when I played the PC demo, I was also a bit disappointed with her appearance. Then eventually I got over it seeing as how I LOVED the demo and COULDN'T WAIT to have the game in my hands and realized that yes, she IS supposed to be younger. :)

Atheist
27th Jun 2007, 18:09
She's much younger in Anniversary, TR1 being one of her earilest adventures, Legend being her latest.

*honey*
27th Jun 2007, 20:22
athiest is right and by the way athiest, love the new pic:D

Captain Mazda
27th Jun 2007, 20:35
The renders and media that Eidos was putting out looked great, but I was disappointed in the face I saw in the screenshots. But as I began playing the game, I instantly fell in love with the face and it became etched in my mind with the rest of them. It's true though, she looks like a younger version of Legend Lara, which I thought was the best-looking until Anniversary.

Legend Lara definitely wins in the 'sexiest' category with her tight, revealing clothes as an added bonus.

Tomb Radar
27th Jun 2007, 20:51
Legend Lara was uber-cute, while Anniversary Lara is more, erm, not-so-cute. :scratch:

Atheist
27th Jun 2007, 21:13
athiest is right and by the way athiest, love the new pic:D

Thankoo! :D

contethra
27th Jun 2007, 21:34
Well, women will love the thought of growing sexier with age, and this plot line blows away the thought of men wanting younger, hotter women. I'll take Legend Lara over Anniversary Lara any day of the week.

NizCroft
28th Jun 2007, 14:14
Cheap wine is best when it's all young and fresh, but Lara is a top of the line vintage. I like the way they made her look more inexperienced and not yet risen to her full glory in Anniversary while Legend Lara is like a goddess :)

katT
1st Jul 2007, 03:31
she honestly looks better in legend. *sigh* such a dissapointment. { i'm a girl. so don't think i want to drool over her or somthing, but she looks less relistic in TR:A.}

Bampire
1st Jul 2007, 04:04
I hate lara's face in Legend. It looked too fake, and nothing like her..

I was so happy seeing that lara looked more realistic, and normal in the Remake. Anniversary Lara looked like the true lara.

Mertz523
1st Jul 2007, 04:21
NRNR, is this the photo you are talking about?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/mertz615/anniversarylaramikeledit.jpg

And at first, I really disliked the initial renders. In-game, she looks great.

NightRain'06
1st Jul 2007, 04:42
No, sorry. It was only extremely closeup face shots of Legend and Anniversary Laras. I think it was from this forum or was it in TR General Discussion.. ? I don't remember exactly.... :o Let me try looking for it... if I could remember the title. I'm 0 for 2... :rolleyes:

When they released the first Anniversary trailer, I thought that's how exactly she'd look in-game too. Don't know why.

boots
1st Jul 2007, 04:52
I hate lara's face in Legend. It looked too fake, and nothing like her..

I was so happy seeing that lara looked more realistic, and normal in the Remake. Anniversary Lara looked like the true lara.

Man, I was starting to think I was the only one!

I haven't played Legend myself, but I watched my brother playing a bit and have seen enough screenshots and art (not to mention the outfit in TRA) and while I don't hate the Legend face, it's not quite what I think of when I think Lara Croft. I've always wondered what on earth she needs all that make-up for anyway. She's raiding tombs, not planning a soiree. (Well, okay there was one soiree in Legend, I'll give you that. But it really doesn't make any sense.)

Anniversary Lara looks younger, fresh-faced and smart, which is exactly how she should look in this one. I was very pleased when I saw her in the game.

Tomraider
1st Jul 2007, 05:25
when i saw the anniversary lara i was(how do i say this)"falling in love all over again"...seriously legend lara was ok...but she was not as good as Anniversary lara.CD you did great with anniversary lara!:thumbsup:

NightRain'06
1st Jul 2007, 05:29
OK ! I finally found it.

Here's the link. Very disappointed by Lara's new face (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68937)

Here's the post..

You know sometimes l wonder what people actually look at when playing Tomb Raider. Lara is wearing a bit less make-up, and is a bit younger, but she has not changed THAT much

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/Anniversaryface.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/Legendface.jpg

jazzyD
1st Jul 2007, 13:40
she looks so pretty in legend but TRA is an origanal she is younger

Qbert
1st Jul 2007, 14:27
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/Anniversaryface.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/Legendface.jpg

I don't see the point to why everybody's complaining.