PDA

View Full Version : stunts

Capkeez
27th Jun 2007, 13:13
Before I forget again... has anybody tried the stunt variants in TRA? you know...roll then tap jump like crazy then she does a cartwheel for example? For some reason Lara keeps going off-course either to the right or left. Is that intentional or is Lara just not competent enough?:scratch:

NaughtyGirl
27th Jun 2007, 14:51
I love doing those. I like to try to do them during the darts or blades (since there's no real reason to use it, I like to pretend that's the reason). And it does seem like it is very hard to keep her in a straight line. I practiced in that long area outside the manor and still couldn't keep her straight. I do like that can can backflip over the stone wall though. Again....not that I can use that to actually do anything (hint hint to developers)

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 17:14
Before I forget again... has anybody tried the stunt variants in TRA? you know...roll then tap jump like crazy then she does a cartwheel for example? For some reason Lara keeps going off-course either to the right or left. Is that intentional or is Lara just not competent enough?:scratch:

This is only if you press Jump as the third key. If you just press Crouch/Roll over and over, she will continue in whatever direction the camera's facing.

RaiderGirl#1
27th Jun 2007, 19:01
There was a thread like this a while ago. I can't find it though.

We had disscussed that there were 4 acrobatic stunts that she could do.
I have them written down :D

If you press these buttons in these orders you will get some different results for each one:

roll, roll, roll, roll, roll
roll, roll, roll, roll, jump
roll, roll, jump, jump, roll
roll, roll, jump, roll, jump - think it's actually a third jump and the third roll...

Credit to whoever posted it in the thread before, I'm sorry I can't remember who.

NaughtyGirl
27th Jun 2007, 19:24
pardon capkeez if I am wrong...but I don't think you actually were talking about how to do the stunts, but the fact that when you do them it feels that Lara wobbles off course like a drunk taking a field sobriety test walk :eek:

it is weird to have her lined up completely straight and then start the tumble and end up going completely diagonal. it could just be that L3 (run/walk, for those who can't extrapolate) is very twitchy and we think we are aligning her straight but really aren't.

or maybe she has an alignment problem, like a car:p

Capkeez
28th Jun 2007, 02:21
either way she needs more practice in the gym. In Legend she got it perfected tho lol.