PDA

View Full Version : any1 w/ SB LiVE! etc... sound problems

weirdo
27th Jun 2007, 06:18
I don't know if you ppl have noticed but Creative has released new drivers for SoundBlaster Audigy LS, SE, Value and Live! 24-Bit... (version 1.04.0077 date 07/09/07)

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

If anyone installs these drivers let me know if they fix the TRL and TRA audio issues with these cards, specifically SB Live 24-Bit.

I myself own a SB LiVE 24-Bit but i have uninstalled it and currently using a crappy onboard audio, because playing TRA / TRL with the SB LiVe 24-Bit is a big no-no due to huuuge audio problems etc... if someone installs the new drivers for aforementioned audio cards do tell if they fix the sound issues.. So maybe i can reinstall my SB Live 24Bit.

GoranAgar
28th Jun 2007, 11:04
I don't know if you ppl have noticed but Creative has released new drivers for SoundBlaster Audigy LS, SE, Value and Live! 24-Bit... (07/25/07)

I'll try that driver tonight.

weirdo
28th Jun 2007, 11:10
thx in advance, haven't bothered to try it out myself yet because i have physically removed the SB LiVE PCi-card...

on the previous drivers i also found that it didn't help even if i would disable hardware acceleration for the sound card, the sound issues would still remain. It made me a sad panda, i really looooove playin TRA / TRL and that is why i now have to use the crappy onboard card so i can play the games. *Sigh*

GoranAgar
28th Jun 2007, 16:28
Hm, what might be the difference between the Soundblaster Live! 24-Bit (which this new driver is for) and all the other Soundblaster Live! that have been classified as "End of Service Life"? :scratch:

BTW, "End of Service Life" means they won't even let you download the last existing driver for that hardware. I have always hated the way how Creative supports their otherwise excellent hardware. That is what you get if you only have one player. For NVidia and ATI graphic cards you get new drivers almost every month. But Creative does not need to waste time and money for that kind of support. That combined with all the times Creative drivers or tools caused problems on any of my mashines does not really make me a fan of that company.

Hence I really have to bite my tongue if someone comes into a forum and blames his soundblaster XY problems on a particular game.

Edit: I do not have a Soundblaster Live! 24-Bit so the driver won't install.

bikerdude
28th Jun 2007, 18:23
BTW, "End of Service Life" means they won't even let you download the last existing driver for that hardware. I

er.... its called the archive section (http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?bEOSLAgree=yes&action=next&sOSName=&region=1&MainCategory=1&Product_Name=Live%21+5%2E1&Product_ID=50&modelnumber=) - I downloaded the latest driver for my old Live 5.1 from creatives site like....

biker

weirdo
29th Jun 2007, 05:20
the Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit is a stripped version of Audigy 2 Value, so i guess it differs from the other Live! -family because of different chip ?

and yes i own this card and the support for it hasnt' ended yet