PDA

View Full Version : Finished Anniversary

tomb-raider-2
27th Jun 2007, 05:39
hey Guys well im new here and i thought id let you all know that i finished the game today!!. I got through it in 15 hours and 27 mins pretty bad ay.. I never played the first one all the others i have so it was a great challenge!! Cya Rhys:)

GeorgeMaciver
27th Jun 2007, 07:30
Hi Rhys and welcome to the forums. I've not finished the game yet as I've taken a break. I don't really want it to end you see, so I'm saving the last 3 levels for a special occasion. I hope the next Tomb Raider isn't years away . . . :thumbsup:

tomb-raider-2
27th Jun 2007, 09:17
thats understandable.... i wish it didnt end either but oh well ... and i also finished her Manor too

Tomb Radar
27th Jun 2007, 11:16
I finished aswell. I unlocked everything, and now I'm leaving it alone for a few months. Then I'll play through it again with commentaries on. :)

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 17:18
Then I'll play through it again with commentaries on. :)

How do you do that? I saw there were rewards called commentaries, but I never saw a way to access any such thing, so I just took it to be a list of the places you've unlocked. This has me curious.

Atheist
27th Jun 2007, 18:11
How do you do that? I saw there were rewards called commentaries, but I never saw a way to access any such thing, so I just took it to be a list of the places you've unlocked. This has me curious.

I've heard that when you've completed the whole game, you unlock comentaries. Then you replay the game and collect blue crystals along the way that plays a commentary about that area.

Towel
27th Jun 2007, 18:16
I Just thought that you went into options and turned Commentaries on i didnt know would might have to collect blue crystals. oOhH Well.

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 18:20
But I have completed the game. And I have gone through every level again on my completed game to complete the time trials. The only blue crystal I've seen is in Style Units.

boots
27th Jun 2007, 18:32
You have to turn the commentary markers on when you replay a level (after you've loaded it), otherwise they won't show up. It's under display options. Then all you have to do is run up to them and activate them like any other object in the game. There's no collecting involved, but you do have to replay the level to reach them all.

eta: I don't know if it's any different for the PC, though. I don't think so, but can anyone confirm that?

You can only unlock commentaries for a place if you've completed the whole stage (Peru, Greece etc) then all the individual levels for that region should have the option to turn on the markers. :)

My only complaint is that there aren't enough of them. :D I'm a huge fan of director commentaries, I was sooo happy to hear they included them in TRA!

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 22:29
You have to turn the commentary markers on when you replay a level (after you've loaded it), otherwise they won't show up. It's under display options.I knew all the rest. This quote here is the answer to my question. Thank you :)

Oh and consider it confirmed for the PC. I just tried it out and it worked exactly as you described.

boots
28th Jun 2007, 00:47
Oh and consider it confirmed for the PC. I just tried it out and it worked exactly as you described.

:thumbsup: Excellent! And you're welcome. :) Hopefully that clarifies some things for other players. The commentaries are such a cool feature I wouldn't want anyone to miss them.

Demarest
28th Jun 2007, 03:36
So now that I know how this works, one would technically have to play the game through, play the game through in TT mode, and play the game through a third time to check out the commentaries! Now that's what I call replay value.

Some of the things they say are interesting too. I'm not usually one for commentaries, but they've already said a couple things I've found interesting (I'm towards the beginning of St Francis Folly).

To those who are going to do the commentaries in Croft Manor, select Play Croft Manor from the main menu. NOT Replay Level. There's a commentary point inside the music room and if you Replay Level Croft Manor, once you unlock that door, you will be taken back to the title screen. :(

L3ggy
28th Jun 2007, 07:59
I've finished it to 95-96%