PDA

View Full Version : I need moment by moment instructions on how to kill the Centaurs...PLEASE!!!

P D
26th Jun 2007, 11:47
Hello everyone out there

Can some-one please help me kill these awful Centaurs

I have a PS2 - I have completed all previous TB games (including the previously disappointing PS2 games) but I just cannot, for the life of me get this 'adrenalin rage' technique - at all

I have studied the Youtube walkthroughs and read other correspondance - but after 14 hours on this one level (contantly reloading after I run out of life/patience/furnature to kick) - I still cannot master the sequence of moves to kill these Centaurs

Could anyone out there please spell out, in minute detail how a PS2 player achieves the moves required. I would be eternally grateful

I am really angry at the designers of this stage of the game as they are guilty of over-complication over imagination.

Why could they not have, as someone previously suggested, built the adrenalin skills within a training mode at the Manor? Or incorporated the facility as with the T Rex, where if you lure the Centaurs into the firewall or into the surrounding water - it would diminish their life?

Please - someone - put me out of my misery

Thanks

P D

Mangar The Dark
26th Jun 2007, 12:45
It's fairly simple--

Pick one and keeping shooting it until it becomes enraged. Then do the adrenaline dodge, and shoot it. Now it will be stunned for a moment, so use your grappling hook to grab it's shield. Then enrage it again (by rapidly shooting it again), and just before he zaps you with his stoney stare, pick up the shield. The stare will be reflected back at the centaur, and he will turn to stone. Now, while the centaur is stone, start shooting it rapidly again to take its health away. Repeat until done.

To summarize:
1. Shoot, shoot, shoot... until centaur become enraged
2. Adrenaline dodge and shoot
3. Grab shield from stunned centaur
4. Shoot, shoot, shoot... until centaur become enraged
5. Use shield to turn centaur to stone
6. Shoot, shoot, shoot... to take health away from stoned centaur
7. Repeat as necessary.

Try to keep moving so you don't get hit by the fireballs, and dive into the water when you need a bit of a reprieve. Really, once you know the steps, the fight isn't so difficult (I did it in one attempt.)

RaiderGirl#1
26th Jun 2007, 12:47
There are lots of other threads posted about the same thing- so you may want t o search.

So you need to understand the adrenalin dodge? Okay well.
You shoot against what ever creature.
Then when you see a gold ring above their heads then you must stop shooting.
I find it nice to back up a little or something (keep your guns out.)
Then as they start getting close to you. Press a direction and then press your roll button.
Then you shoot when the two cross hairs meet and become red.
That will stun the centaurs and then you must take something from them...

I hope this helps you

FallenxFromxLight
26th Jun 2007, 12:56
Here's something people haven't said that I find very useful.

When an enemy is charging, start running backwards and wait until the screen blurs to hit down and roll. I find if you do the dodge before the screen blurs you usually fail the dodge.

P D
26th Jun 2007, 13:06
Hi

Many thanks for your help

But I am still not getting this to work

I am on PS2 - so I don't know if that makes it more problematic (it seems to have a lot of glitches)

Can you please explain precisely - do I wait until the screen goes blurred, then I move the left toggle down AND THEN press dodge?

Or do I press certain buttons simultaneously?

Thanks again

P D:confused:

RaiderGirl#1
26th Jun 2007, 13:18
Yes wait until the screen is blurred. Yes exactly.

No you do not just press buttons.

The reason that people tell you to move and then press roll is because if you press roll and then a direction she may just crouch and then you're a gonner.

I'm just curious, how did you beat the T-Rex?

FallenxFromxLight
26th Jun 2007, 13:18
Hi

Many thanks for your help

But I am still not getting this to work

I am on PS2 - so I don't know if that makes it more problematic (it seems to have a lot of glitches)

Can you please explain precisely - do I wait until the screen goes blurred, then I move the left toggle down AND THEN press dodge?

Or do I press certain buttons simultaneously?

Thanks again

P D:confused:

Run backwards, wait until the screen gets blurred (some people say to wait till it tints orange-ish) then hit roll.

Mangar The Dark
26th Jun 2007, 13:25
As I've said in other threads, too, don't panic. It's tempting to just start mashing buttons when you're being assaulted by fireballs and whatnot, be really, keeping a cool head is the best. When you see the rage meter is full, RELAX. Walk backward (guns out), as FallenXFromXLight said, and wait for the enemy to attack. If you're playing on easy mode, you'll see an icon at the bottom of the screen, telling you exactly when you can do the adrenaline dodge. If you're not playing in easy mode, then just wait until the screen blurs. Either way, you get a visual clue. Then, after you start the adrenaline dodge, you need to remain calm a bit longer. Let the targeting reticles cross. As they cross, you will hear a BEEP. Shoot when you hear the beep, and you'll stun the centaur. Now grab its shield with your grapple.

P D
26th Jun 2007, 13:26
The only way I could kill the T Rex was because there are so many glitches in the boss level games where the boss (T Rex; Centaur) frezze and wobble at unexpected and unpredictable times.

One time - after about 3 hours trying to kill it it happened to just frezze, so I just unloaded magazine after magazine for about 2 solid minutes until it's life bar diminished and finally it died

(I find the cut - pieces before and just after the boss levels really silly!)

There are so many glitches in this game at Boss level with the PS2 - even though I am a very experienced gamer (I even have E A as a client!) I still cannot get this stupid adrenalin dodge to work - I am wondering if there is a major problem with the UK version of the PS2 game

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

P D
26th Jun 2007, 13:30
Thank you for your comments

Again - I have a bit of difficulty with this advice

I can keep cool, alright , but I have a PS2 game and to keep your gus out you have to be shooting.

How do i keep my gus out - as you recommend - and not be continually shooting?

Many thanks for your assistance

P D:(

P D
26th Jun 2007, 13:47
Hi

I have finally killed the Centaurs!

The advice was very helpful from various people - Raider Girl, FallenX and Manger from Dark

However the details are needed to use adrenalin dodge for PS2 players

They are:

When gold glow on the Centaurs head shows - stop shooting, run back but keep pressing the left shoulder button to keep guns out without shooting.

When the blurring effect happens then the circles align in red and shoot

The - left shoulder botton with guns out without shooting was all-important

There is no clear explanaition of this anywhere

But I got there - and I can now progress the game

Thank you - fellow gamers

But the 'boss' designers of this game can get this - :rasp:

Mangar The Dark
26th Jun 2007, 13:55
Glad to hear you managed to beat them!

Yeah, I'm playing the PC version, so I wasn't able to really give you specific advice on the controls, but I think the theory is the same for both systems.

Now you'll have the fun of exploring the Egypt levels. Some pretty tough acrobatics coming up.... but a lot of fun too.

Demarest
26th Jun 2007, 15:28
Can some-one please help me kill these awful Centaurs

Actually, many people have already put forth a lot of effort into helping others on this very subject here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69327) and here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69725).

RaiderGirl#1
26th Jun 2007, 18:37
Congrats on making it past the centaurs!

Mandy
26th Jun 2007, 22:36
The only way I could kill the T Rex was because there are so many glitches in the boss level games where the boss (T Rex; Centaur) frezze and wobble at unexpected and unpredictable times.

One time - after about 3 hours trying to kill it it happened to just frezze, so I just unloaded magazine after magazine for about 2 solid minutes until it's life bar diminished and finally it died

(I find the cut - pieces before and just after the boss levels really silly!)

There are so many glitches in this game at Boss level with the PS2 - even though I am a very experienced gamer (I even have E A as a client!) I still cannot get this stupid adrenalin dodge to work - I am wondering if there is a major problem with the UK version of the PS2 game

Any thoughts or similar experiences? I know what ur going through. Been trying for a week , cant get that stupid move at all.

Hippie
26th Jun 2007, 22:53
Actually, many people have already put forth a lot of effort into helping others on this very subject here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69327) and here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69725).

Like Demarest has said, we've put in a lot on this subject. I'm playing with PS2 in the U.S. and haven't found any glitches. What I've noticed in my playing is that I'm either already moving in the direction that I'm going to dodge, or I move L3 and press the dodge button at the same time.

And I'm still trying to decide if I should give up my technique for the final battle.

RAZMAT
27th Jun 2007, 01:52
i think one of the keys is just to be patient .once you get him enraged you just back off and wait a bit until he charges.then once you get the adreniline dodge going ,you just wait a bit again while she is in slow motion and watch the grey circles move towards the center until......blam!

Lectrician
28th Jun 2007, 14:26
I was surprised I made it through this on my first go. Having seen all the topics, I was sorta dreading the day these dudes showed up and figured it would possibly be the end of the game for me...but I did it. I was closer to dying (In fact did a few times) looking for the darn lever to open the door that sets this battle off.

misdelvic
9th Jul 2007, 20:06
I have the PS2 version of anniversary and i dont know if it has glitches. I have tried so many different ways with the centaurs and i cannot get the shields. I do the dodge, the centuars freeze and i grapple but it wont hold onto the shield. i can see the gold ring, and the grapple attaches for a second and then it says to press the triangle and then it will let go. what do i do? is it jsut a glitch that im going to have to find a way around?:mad2:

Tiri Li
10th Jul 2007, 09:31
Personally I used manual combat mdoe for this (as i do with all fights) mainyl because I do not understand what the other modes do.

As a fellow PS2 player, here is a step-by-step guide:

-Run around using the anaglog stick, using rolls (O) and jumps(X) to evade the centaurs and the fire balls they throw.

-While running,have you weapons drawn and focus on one centaur and keep shooting, watching the enrage bar. TRY to keep an eye out for the other centaur, but if you keep moving around he shouldn't be too much of a problem.

-When you get one of the centaurs enraged, they will try to petrify Lara. let go of the lock key to have Lara holster of wepons, which will negate the effects. Also, use this time to get into a good position at which to shoot them.

-If Lara does get petrified, use the left analog stick to get her free by moving it left and right quickly.

-Get the centuars enraged again

-This time one of them will charge at you. Move to the right or left, and keep your guns locked on to the one who is charging. When the screen blurs, hit circle. Lara will perform an adrenaline dodge if done correctly.

-Wait until you hear a beep and the recticules turn red, then fire with R1. The centaur will be stunned, to quickly hit square to grapple the shield and then triangle to pull it.

-Get them enraged again, but this time stay near the shield.

-When they try to petrify Lara, stand over the shield and press triangle to pick it up. Rotate Lara to face the centaur using the elft analog stick. The Centaur should now be petrified.

-Switch to 50 calbier pistols if you have them and fire as much as you can while the centaur is in stone. Once he returns to normal, switch back to normal pistols.

-Repeat until both are dead. If the other centuar charges, perform another adrenaline dodge and take his sheild too.

Hope this helps ^^

Demarest
10th Jul 2007, 15:43
I have the PS2 version of anniversary and i dont know if it has glitches. I have tried so many different ways with the centaurs and i cannot get the shields. I do the dodge, the centuars freeze and i grapple but it wont hold onto the shield. i can see the gold ring, and the grapple attaches for a second and then it says to press the triangle and then it will let go. what do i do? is it jsut a glitch that im going to have to find a way around?:mad2:

Once you've attached to their shields, press Interact to yank them from them.

Personally I used manual combat mdoe for this (as i do with all fights) mainyl because I do not understand what the other modes do.

From what we've been able to gather, using manual mode means that you have to do more work to succeed in an Adrenaline Dodge. Advanced Toggle is most like the original games.

Tiri Li
10th Jul 2007, 16:25
From what we've been able to gather, using manual mode means that you have to do more work to succeed in an Adrenaline Dodge. Advanced Toggle is most like the original games.

I never had any trouble using the adrenaline dodge on manual. Sure, I still fail from time to time because of other enemies and such, but who doesn't? Plus I find ieasier to hold a utton down the draw weapons instead of having to press it twice to draw and undraw. Don't ask me why, i'm strange.

Demarest
10th Jul 2007, 16:30
I never had any trouble using the adrenaline dodge on manual.

I didn't say it was troublesome, I said it takes more work. Besides, you expressed that you weren't aware of what the other modes do and I tried to eplain one of them.

boots
10th Jul 2007, 20:32
I never had any trouble using the adrenaline dodge on manual. Sure, I still fail from time to time because of other enemies and such, but who doesn't? Plus I find ieasier to hold a utton down the draw weapons instead of having to press it twice to draw and undraw. Don't ask me why, i'm strange.

I'm the same way. I tried switching to the other modes but by then I was so used to manual it messed me up. Holding it down ensures that I remember I have my guns out so I don't make some stupid mistake that I'm known to do from time to time.

Besides, it's not really that much more work. You're just holding a button down with a finger you wouldn't be using anyway. Although if you're using a keyboard, I guess it depends on where the button is - but you can always remap it. That's one of the advantages of PC games, after all. ;)

misdelvic
11th Jul 2007, 02:42
Thanks for all the advise it did help with the advance mode. I can't believe how much easier it was. :)

Tiri Li
11th Jul 2007, 09:18
I'm the same way. I tried switching to the other modes but by then I was so used to manual it messed me up. Holding it down ensures that I remember I have my guns out so I don't make some stupid mistake that I'm known to do from time to time.

Besides, it's not really that much more work. You're just holding a button down with a finger you wouldn't be using anyway. Although if you're using a keyboard, I guess it depends on where the button is - but you can always remap it. That's one of the advantages of PC games, after all. ;)

Yeah, but in PC games you have to think about a lot more buttons to press. Which is why I suck at the demo. I tried some of the other modes too, but they jsut felt so alien to me I switched back to manual.

@ Demarest:

Thanks for explaining one to me, I appreciate it. I didn't mean to sound like I was snapping at you or something in my earlier post. Sorry.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 11:25
Hey, no worries :)

Yeah, but in PC games you have to think about a lot more buttons to press.

I'm not sure what you mean here. All platforms have a Jump, a Crouch/Roll, etc. There's not more buttons to press.

Likay
11th Jul 2007, 12:18
Regarding the centaurs: (Haven't heard any other done this yet but i managed it quite a few times). Shoot the centaurs til you at least get them enraged one time each.Then jump down into the water and swim to the lever (the one that opened the door) and stand there on fair ground. Here's a bug in the game, but you have to be very patient. Draw your guns and shoot in every directions (against the water, into the wall by the lever etc etc). Eventually you should see the centaurs life indicator decrease as you seems to hit them. Keep shooting til they die. Then swim up and get your price. lol

Eventually it's not sure you have to shoot them enraged before jumping into the water but seemed like i had to do it to make it "work".

rosgalrev
11th Jul 2007, 16:22
is there a way of skipping this level as these beasts have got me well and truly beat

UTWarden
11th Jul 2007, 16:26
is there a way of skipping this level as these beasts have got me well and truly beat

you got this far, this isn't as hard as it seems, Watch one of the videos, it'll give you the answer. I had to as well seeing I got a glitch that the Centaur wouldn't show me the underside of the shield the first time, I had to re-load the level. (PC Game)

rosgalrev
11th Jul 2007, 17:16
ive watched the videos and i can get to the part where i can see the rings above his head but i dont get time to shoot as the other one knocks me down im playing on pc with keyboard and mouse im loath to pack in now but ive been at it for weeks

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:16

Use one of my saves?

rosgalrev
11th Jul 2007, 17:27
sorry im very new to a pc how do i do that

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:57
Instructions are in the topic you get them from. If something about the instructions are unclear, quote the part and ask in that thread so that the answer can help everybody with the same question in that topic.

Resy
13th Jul 2007, 07:40
Well I wasn't to sure how to beat these guys and if it wasn't for a slight spoiler of reading this thread... I'd probably be stuck on them still.

I just picked one of them, got it mad and performed a dodge move to stun it. Knowing from this thread that I had to pull away its shield, I did so with ease. Next it was a matter of staying away from fire and what not until one of then used their gaze. It didn't seem to matter which one I picked from that point on. They freeze from the reflected gaze even if they have a shield on. I actually managed to kill the one with the remaining shield first.

I'm rather sad I didn't get to battle Pierre... unless that does happen later. No spoilers :)

Tiri Li
13th Jul 2007, 09:17
I'm not sure what you mean here. All platforms have a Jump, a Crouch/Roll, etc. There's not more buttons to press.

In the PS2, you control lara with the analog stick, so you only think about your thumb. On the PC, you control her with WASD so you have to think about four buttons and use your thub to make her jump/roll. I find t easier to do it on a gampad that has buttons fairly close to each other so it's easier to pull of a combo.

basically, the PC to me *feels* like it has far more buttons. Probably because they are pretty far apart had you have to use your right had for camera movement,shooting, targeting, and your right hand for mvoement and evasive manoevers. On PS2, it's mostly thinking about 5 buttons, one of which you hold down.

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 12:08
On the PC, you control her with WASD so you have to think about four buttonsFirst of all, TONS of games use WASD, so there's really no thinking at all. Secondly, an AD only requires that you're holding one direction. So regardless of platform, you're still only talking two "inputs."

gingerbeer80
14th Jul 2007, 09:05
Glad to hear you managed to beat them!

Yeah, I'm playing the PC version, so I wasn't able to really give you specific advice on the controls, but I think the theory is the same for both systems.

Now you'll have the fun of exploring the Egypt levels. Some pretty tough acrobatics coming up.... but a lot of fun too.

hi can any1 tell me how to kill those centaurs please as its driving me nuts

Demarest
14th Jul 2007, 13:51
hi can any1 tell me how to kill those centaurs please as its driving me nuts

Um... that is precisely what this and the other few threads on the subject are about. :scratch:

Tombstone2
17th Jul 2007, 10:31
Well I got up to the centaurs last night and going off these boards I had'nt been looking forward to it at all.

The only problem I had with these freaks was they were forever turning me to stone And I was never able to get out of the stone in time and these freaks would then back kick me and smash me to smithereens.

However I discovered a "trick?" which stopped them turning me to stone. When they start to aim their green glare at Lara, if you holster your weapon the centaurs stop their green glare and therefore dont turn Lara to stone.

Once I discovered this I had no problem at all in defeating these freaks. I dont know if this is common knowledge about putting your guns away when they start their green glare, as I have not read it in any posts, so if peeps are forever getting turned to stone, like I was, then just put your guns away for a few seconds, and you will no longer get turned to stone.

Hope this helps and my apologies if it is common knowledge about putting your guns away to prevent being turned to stone...!!!

boots
17th Jul 2007, 12:09
Well I got up to the centaurs last night and going off these boards I had'nt been looking forward to it at all.
Hope this helps and my apologies if it is common knowledge about putting your guns away to prevent being turned to stone...!!!

I don't think I've heard of that before, although there are a few known ways of preventing petrification, such as crouching and simply facing another direction. It's good to know that there are several methods of avoiding such a nasty fate. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing, even if it does turn out to be common knowledge.

I know what you mean about not looking forward to it. Every boss fight past the t-rex I was dreading my first run through because of all the discussion about them. Of course, I ended up having not much difficulty with any of them, but I made up for it in other areas! :D Figures.

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 04:25
However I discovered a "trick?" which stopped them turning me to stone. When they start to aim their green glare at Lara, if you holster your weapon the centaurs stop their green glare and therefore dont turn Lara to stone.That IS the way to avoid it. Prior to reading that, I had found that if you're in the process of dodging off to the side, sometimes they miss.

Oh, and for those who ARE turned to stone, your medipack hotkeys still work. So you won't have to die even if you can't free yourself fast enough.

Chelski
18th Jul 2007, 14:01
Is anyone else having problems with Lara's grapple not catching hold of the centaur's shield? I've stunned them loads of times but because her grapple won't latch on to it, I can't get the shield off. Is it a glitch?

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 15:06
The only time it wouldn't stay grappled for me was a time when the game was confused and thought the one I was trying for was charging at the time. Sure enough, the moment he was done being dazed, he was already past me because he WAS in mid-charge.

People having problems grappling items like this find that using manual aim with a gun and then pressing grapple when they're all lined up works.

Chelski
18th Jul 2007, 16:20
Thanks for the advice, but I tried manual aim from every direction I could - the back of the centaur, the front, the side - but the grapple wouldn't stay. And it's not like the centaur's freezing in an awkward position, it stuns in the same way every time, and the other centaur just runs around out of the way, so Lara's not even focusing on the un-frozen one. I don't know what to do :( :confused:

LisaB1962
18th Jul 2007, 16:42
Make sure in your desperation to grapple you're not double-pumping the grapple button. That will grapple/ungrapple. It's difficult to see whether the grapple actually has grappled sometimes, particularly if Lara is close to the centaur. Hit grapple once, then hit triangle to see if it's attached.

Chelski
18th Jul 2007, 16:53
I've done that too, since the game does give you plenty of time to line up a good shot and the other centaur stays far enough away from you. I've tried close up and far away. It's very depressing :(

LisaB1962
18th Jul 2007, 16:59
You might try this. I haven't tested it, but I've read if you swim back down to the hole once the fight begins the centaurs die (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70707).

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 17:57
Make sure in your desperation to grapple you're not double-pumping the grapple button. That will grapple/ungrapple. It's difficult to see whether the grapple actually has grappled sometimes, particularly if Lara is close to the centaur. Hit grapple once, then hit triangle to see if it's attached.

That's a good point. In fact, there's several buttons you can press while grappled to an object that will cause her to break the connection. But what's triangle? I can't find that on my keyboard? :rasp:

@Chelski: If you're on PC, you can use one of my saves to get past that point. I realize that's not your first choice, but if you're out of options...

Chelski
18th Jul 2007, 18:01
"You might try this. I haven't tested it, but I've read if you swim back down to the hole once the fight begins the centaurs die."

Really? *eyes light up with glee* I'll have to be quick though because they usually blast me with their fire when I'm in the water. Thanks for the tip though, will try! :D

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know :thumbsup:

@Chelski: If you're on PC, you can use one of my saves to get past that point. I realize that's not your first choice, but if you're out of options...

Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm on PS2 :(

Chelski
20th Jul 2007, 14:04
Ah, it's useless. My game must have serious glitches. I went to the hole and one of the centaurs did die, thankfully, but the other one only loses half its life because it stops throwing fireballs. The first time I went up to fight it the other centaur's shield was still there, but Lara wouldn't pick it up. I tried stunning the surviving centaur but it would only stay frozen for less than a second. It eventually killed me, and when I went back to the game the shield was gone and the other centaur refuses to be killed. Even if I could stun it, my grapple wouldn't hold onto it anyway :(

So if anyone has any level skip cheats, please help me out :)

Demarest
20th Jul 2007, 16:00
So if anyone has any level skip cheats, please help me out :)

All available cheats and what it takes to unlock them can be found here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488).

Chelski
20th Jul 2007, 16:14
I take it there's no level skip cheat then. Suppose I'll have to swap the game or something. Tanks for your help :)

Steff
1st Jan 2008, 20:30
Hi

I have finally killed the Centaurs!

The advice was very helpful from various people - Raider Girl, FallenX and Manger from Dark

However the details are needed to use adrenalin dodge for PS2 players

They are:

When gold glow on the Centaurs head shows - stop shooting, run back but keep pressing the left shoulder button to keep guns out without shooting.

When the blurring effect happens then the circles align in red and shoot

The - left shoulder botton with guns out without shooting was all-important

There is no clear explanaition of this anywhere

But I got there - and I can now progress the game

Thank you - fellow gamers

But the 'boss' designers of this game can get this - :rasp:

At first I couldn't figure out what you meant by "Left shoulder button" but it's the L1 and you're right - that is CRUCIAL to the PS2 player. I haven't killed the centaur yet but for the first time I successfully used the adrenaline dodge and grabbed the shield...so I'm close. But only when I first tap the L1 button. I found this forum in desperation this morning and found the answers I needed....thanks so much PD and others. Now I won't have to throw the PS2 out the window and miss the rest of the game. I have ALL the TR games and my favourites were the early ones. This adrenaline dodge thing is tricky getting used to....:)

SHANEHOMECLARK
12th Jan 2008, 21:26
I Have Been Trying To Get This Out To Someone Who Can Help Get This Out To Everyone. Many People Have Had Problems With The Centuars In This Game And I Have An Easy Way Of Getting Passed Them.

First When The Cut-scene Ends Run Towards The Water,
Dive And Swim To Where You Pulled The Lever To Open
The Door To The Temple. Once Inside Just Stand Around For A While.(you May Have Been Hit A Couple Of Times
While Swimming Down Here) While You Are Down Here You Will Be Safe For Being Killed. You Will Also Notice That One Of The Centuars Is Losing His Life. Continue To Wait Around Until He Is Dead. He Dies Because He Is Running In Circles And Catching The Blast From The Other Centuar. Once He Is Dead Continue To Wait For About 5 Minutes Until He Stops Trying To Blast You.
Once He Stops, Wait For About 2 More Minutes.(roughly
20 Minutes All Together)the Reason For Waiting Is For Some Reason Now He Is Damaging Himself. Now Swim To The Top. Stay Close To Edge By The Water. You Will
Notice That The Last Centuar Has Less Than Half Of His Life Left. Now Unload On Him Until He Dies. If He Should Try To Turn You To Stone Drop Into The Water And This Will Stop It From Happening. (do Not Stray Away From The Edge, Stay Near The Water The Centuar Should Not Kick You. If You Get Kicked Or Turned
To Stone The Screen Will Show Lara Standing There And You Will Have Start Over.)

This Is Very Worth It If You Have Trouble Getting The Grapple To Work Like Many Have.

timerider
12th Jan 2008, 21:43
overall, in my idea, killing centaurs is the easiest part of the game. because by one Adrenaline dodge shoot, they will be stunned and you can quickly use the grapple hook and take off their shield. and only one shield is enough for you to kill both of them. they are better than Trex. omg! :)

Atheist
12th Jan 2008, 21:58
"You might try this. I haven't tested it, but I've read if you swim back down to the hole once the fight begins the centaurs die."

Really? *eyes light up with glee* I'll have to be quick though because they usually blast me with their fire when I'm in the water. Thanks for the tip though, will try! :D

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know :thumbsup:

How to do it is explained at the bottom of this page (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TRAwalk/08tihocan.html).
But it doesn’t work on all versions of the game, and might not work on PS2. Several people using the PlayStation 2 version have reported that defeating one centaur this way can result in a bug in which the controls subsequently freeze up if Lara is hit by the petrification ray.