PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Peru-The Lost Valley

pridefight326
25th Jun 2007, 22:57
If someone could please help. I usually never get help but its been a long time now and enough is enough. I am on the rope on my way to getting cog
3. I can see the ledge I need to get to on the left hand wall but no matter what I CANNOT reach it. I die every time. I've tried gaining my momentum but that alone is not working. Any suggestions? I'm on PC.

qwerty
25th Jun 2007, 23:15
You have to slide down the rope as much as you posibbly can,and then turn in the drection of the ledge and swing(6 or 7 times) and then when you get to end of the 7th swing just press space(If youre on Pc) I dont see what is so hard?

TheRidster
25th Jun 2007, 23:17
The ledge is reachable. have you tried moving down the rope to give you a greater swing?

pridefight326
25th Jun 2007, 23:21
Thanks. I knew i was being a complete idiot, just didnt know how. duh, LOL

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 23:22
Welcome to the forums Pridefight326 this is what i did got to the far bottom of the rope and swang for a for moments go to my highest Point THEN JUMPED! it took me about 3 or 4 tries to get used to my highest point and stuff.

Demarest
26th Jun 2007, 02:34
You have to slide down the rope as much as you posibbly can,and then turn in the drection of the ledge and swing(6 or 7 times) and then when you get to end of the 7th swing just press space(If youre on Pc) I dont see what is so hard?
*press Jump

I haven't met any rope swinging that required me to swing more than four times.

lorian
9th Jul 2007, 10:34
I am also having trouble here!I have dropped as far as I can on the rope. If I swing more than 3 times I get knocked off the rope into the drink. If I swing slightly to the right i bump into the ledge. If I jump at the peak of the swing I just fall into the water. I have been trying for over an hour and just cannot get onto the ledge.

boots
9th Jul 2007, 11:17
I am also having trouble here!I have dropped as far as I can on the rope. If I swing more than 3 times I get knocked off the rope into the drink. If I swing slightly to the right i bump into the ledge. If I jump at the peak of the swing I just fall into the water. I have been trying for over an hour and just cannot get onto the ledge.

Er... into the water? :scratch: I don't think you're supposed to be over the water at all. The ledge you need to get to is directly to the left (at a 90 degree angle, even - although of course much higher) of the structure you entered the level from. As you're facing the ledge, to the immediate right below it is a platform with a cave entrance. But you need to get to that first ledge before you can go there. If you miss the jump, you should be hitting land, not water.

Unless you're somewhere else that I'm forgetting....

lorian
10th Jul 2007, 09:25
Thanks, I was totally in the wrong place, hanging from the previous grapple!NowI've got the Shotgun!!!:thumbsup: