PDA

View Full Version : Do you... *talk* to Lara as you play?

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 18:51
Interesting thread here. I find that sometimes I get really chatty when playing TR. Usually saying things on the lines of

*squish* WHAT??? What were you thinking?

*crunch* That was YOUR fault, not mine.

*splat* Ah... My bad!

It's when she answers back that you've gotta be scared though!

What do YOU say to her? (Hopefully nothing bad... Or I'll be right round there to twist your ear!) Grrrrrr :nut:

madmary
25th Jun 2007, 18:53
Oh definitely. Lara can be the most annoying person. She will insist on taking death defying risks which I don't approve of!

Mary

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 18:58
Well, realistically speaking, the "death-defying" risks that Lara takes all by herself don't seem to defy death at all!!! :rasp:

*splaaaattttttt*
Thank you, Larissa

-Reload-

Lectrician
25th Jun 2007, 19:03
I say GDit a lot.....

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 19:11
I got nothing but love for Lara...and I mean b**** in the most respectful way:D

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 19:13
"I have nothing but love for Lara"

Yeeeeeeeee! I'll have to double you on that one.

Love, love, love!

She's great!

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 19:22
Yes. THE conversations between us are confindental.. I also break thing:lol:

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 19:22
And Goar...
I'm sure glad this FAMILY forum has an automatic censorship thing.

My life... :(

Demarest
25th Jun 2007, 19:29
Yep. In fact, out of habit, I've even called her names girls are ineligible for :o

TouchOfPink
25th Jun 2007, 19:35
Yes, I do happen to talk to Lara quite often... like when Lara or *cough-cough* I make a bad jump, I kinda shout: 'Jesus Lara!' or 'What the hell you doing Lara?!' ;) (...a workman always blames his own tools...)

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 19:39
YES but ill tell my uncle's story he calls her babycakes hotcakes sweetie and ECt

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 19:40
And Goar...

lol...what automatic censor?
:rasp:

that was a manual grab;)

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 19:49
lol...what automatic censor?
:rasp:

that was a manual grab;)

And Goar...

what?? did i miss somthing???:scratch:

Phlip
25th Jun 2007, 19:52
I just call her and idiot and warn her to do as I say. :D

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 19:52
what?? did i miss somthing???yes I guess you did :lmao: you missed the e!

Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2007, 19:55
My neighbors must wonder what the hell is going on in my apartment. Keep in mind, the walls in my place aren't all that thick, so I'm sure they can hear me when I'm yelling, "WELL IF YOU DID WHAT I TOLD YOU, YOU STUPID , MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T BE DEAD RIGHT NOW!"

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 19:57
I Havent laughed this much in a few days:lol: :lmao: :lmao:

Demarest
25th Jun 2007, 20:02
I Havent laughed this much in a few days:lol: :lmao: :lmao:

If you're talking about Mangar's post, same here :lol:

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 20:03
His and Goar:rasp:

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 20:09
what?? did i miss somthing???:scratch:

When you see "**** you", that's the automatic censorship thing coming into play because someone's playing short F notes on the flute of profanity! :nut:

Just, you know, we've got kiddies browsing this forum...

Ah what am I talking about. Modern world, if they don't pick it up here, they'll pick it up somewhere else instead.

Go nuts!

Lara Cruz
25th Jun 2007, 20:21
Yes, I usually say "Di jævla hore!!" to her and.. I'd better not translate that ;)
Sometimes I say like "Wow, Lara you rock!" and stuff. I just love that woman!

25th Jun 2007, 20:32
Lol some of my quotes are " Do you have no timing whatsoever , you idiot?!?" and "Why would you intentionally turn and roll off a cliff instead of walk through the door?!?".

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 20:52
When you see "**** you", that's the automatic censorship thing coming into play because someone's playing short F notes on the flute of profanity! :nut:

Just, you know, we've got kiddies browsing this forum...

Ah what am I talking about. Modern world, if they don't pick it up here, they'll pick it up somewhere else instead.

Go nuts!

ooo and technecilly im still a kiddie ill be 14 next thursday
:whistle:

*honey*
25th Jun 2007, 21:59
i talk to lara alot (i am a bit mad) i probaly talk to her because wen i do she cant be mean and insult me (i have two older brothers and two older sisters and they are all mean)

Bampire
25th Jun 2007, 22:01
)=

*Is a curse machine when it comes to games*

TheRomans
26th Jun 2007, 00:01
I generally just cry... a lot.

Rai
26th Jun 2007, 00:49
Yes, I talk to Lara on occasion.

Sometimes it's: What did you go and do that for? or

Make the jump, you idiot!!!

or sometimes: Now that's better or

Thank you :rolleyes:

and there's the odd ****

Generally depending on the mood.

Undiscovered_Tomb
26th Jun 2007, 01:43
i say GRRRR OHHH FUDGE!!!! lol

NightRain'06
26th Jun 2007, 02:40
The level that I'm in right now - Lost Pyramid - has forced me to talk to her. :p

She missed a ledge in which I was sure she could reach and when she didn't reach out her arm for it, I was like "What are you doing, chick ??!?! You can reach it !! UHHHHAAAAAHHHH !!!"

Then I realized that maybe it's my timing that's off... Hmmmm. :confused:

I was actually trying to reach for the final relic in the early part of the level but just bypassed it...

boots
26th Jun 2007, 05:49
I tend to swear at her a lot too. :o "WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THAT JUMP! #&@%*!!!"

I realize now that I never praise her when she does something right, I always congratulate myself. Maybe that's my problem. :p

Most of the time I yell at the grapple or camera or something though, they give me more problems than Lara herself!

Joshorty
26th Jun 2007, 06:12
LOL:D Funny thread:thumbsup: though I don't swear/curse in anyway other then saying stupid or YOU IDIOT! And like what you guys said, like "THE HECK?!?! LARA MAN I SAID JUMP AND YOU FALL TO YOUR DEATH - UGH!!"

*Really the time trial is what made me the most frustrated with her...this is one reason why I hate the time trials..but I got through them without any cheats other then the last three levels - couldn't help it:D

I also yell out in Japanese at Lara : BAKA! NEGERO! (Idiot! RUN!:mad2: :D)

Towel
26th Jun 2007, 06:31
Thats what u want us to believe Huh.......
ANyway off track there a moment. Im Amazed that this forum has become popular within 24 hours

dcw123
26th Jun 2007, 09:35
I talk and shout to lara alot.
I still remember when TR1 was released on ps1 and I was 6.
I was at the end of Atlantis on the drawbridge and tried to make her jump,
I stabbed at the square button but she never even flinched and fell on the lava!!!:rolleyes:
I shouted at my TV "OMG, you stupid at 6yrs old!!!:D
I only sometimes do it now,but not as much. I did it on ALL 8 TR games!
On TRA, I hardly ever died except on Francis Folly. BIG DROP DOWN!!!
Now I only scream if my laptop freezes while playing!!!!

gyste4
26th Jun 2007, 10:23
THANKS THE LORD I'm not the only one! I swear at her loads! "LARA YOU STUPID @~#*&!!!!" or "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHH YOU IDIOT!!" Often my sister looks at me stangely. I don't blame her... This is a good thread. I'm not mental, I'm a tomb raider player :D just like you guys hahah

Raziel_Requiem
26th Jun 2007, 10:42
Unfortunately, it's usually cursing when she doesn't respond exactly as I intended her too, but occasionally, she gets words of commendation on accidentally clipping a ledge on the way down to soften a landing or something rather 'lucky' :)

Capkeez
26th Jun 2007, 11:12
I told her that Master Chief could jump higher than her. She didn't listen to me.

CatSuit&Ponytail
26th Jun 2007, 11:18
I told her that Master Chief could jump higher than her. She didn't listen to me.

:lol: I often ask her why she can't jump like she used to, it's just a little higher! Jump! :D

Joshorty
26th Jun 2007, 16:19
I know...it's just like a inch away sometimes yet she still couldn't grab the crevice above. Like in the level Obelisk of Khamoon where you have to wall run and wall run back, by passing the swinging blade in order to reach a ledge higher..uh...well apart from running and grabbing that is:)

Thats what u want us to believe Huh.......
ANyway off track there a moment. Im Amazed that this forum has become popular within 24 hours
:confused:

Tiri Li
26th Jun 2007, 16:53
I have had my moment when I have yelled at Lara. Mostly things like:

"GRAB for pete's sake!"
"Ok, Lara, here's the deal. You do (x) for me and i'll praise you."

And variations of such. I had a bad cursing moment during the great pyramid at the infamous bit-Lara refused to either grapple and/or jump from the slope.

Dukem
26th Jun 2007, 19:18
Yes I say little phrases to her :p Obviously, they are all in a french accent :lol: Go Pierre!! :D

They are along the lines of: "Mademoiselle! My chocolate croissant could do better than you!!" or "Make this jump or I will slaughter you with my baguette!!" :lol:

I know, I'm crazy :nut: :D

ElevenTR
26th Jun 2007, 20:04
:lol: I often ask her why she can't jump like she used to, it's just a little higher! Jump! :D

I so agree! im always like " hold your arms straight up!" but nooo, she doesnt listen! :p

NightRain'06
26th Jun 2007, 21:24
I don't know about Chronicles or Last Revelation but in TR3, I vividly remember her being able to do exaggerated long distance jumps and flips. Specifically running jumps from platform to platform. There were platforms where she could jump when you line her up by walking to the ledge of it and others, she must have a running start. Anyone else remember that ? :) I miss those actually.
ETA: She must've jumped and flipped around about 20 to 25 feet easily in both height and distance. LOL..

Now she jumps "realisitically" by only 5 feet ahead ? Or 6 ? :confused: Hence the missed jumps...:nut:

boots
26th Jun 2007, 21:52
I don't know about Chronicles or Last Revelation but in TR3, I vividly remember her being able to do exaggerated long distance jumps and flips. Specifically running jumps from platform to platform. There were platforms where she could jump when you line her up by walking to the ledge of it and others, she must have a running start. Anyone else remember that ? :) I miss those actually.
ETA: She must've jumped and flipped around about 20 to 25 feet easily in both height and distance. LOL..

Now she jumps "realisitically" by only 5 feet ahead ? Or 6 ? :confused: Hence the missed jumps...:nut:

LR had those. I'll admit, I got a little sad when I realized that she was jumping more realistically, and she couldn't reach ledges that she used to be able to. Of course, I didn't notice until about halfway through Greece :rolleyes: but just the same. I yelled at her for that.

I don't mind them making it more realistic, but it can be a little annoying when she misses a jump you know for sure she would have nailed in the old games. :D

(I keep trying to line her up for jumps like that, forgetting I don't have to now. Old habits!)

bigpie
26th Jun 2007, 22:08
I managed to come out with some truly naughty words this time round, I shocked myself that I knew such phrases and I don't think the neighbours were very impressed. Particularly irritating were the wall runs, if you stopped mid swing and then tried to start her up again......I know it was me really cos my boyfriend had no trouble doing it but OMG did she get some stick lol

NightRain'06
26th Jun 2007, 22:58
In TR3, I don't think I yelled or was even upset with her for missing the jumps because of her amazing jumping ability I knew she'd land it, you know ? :D
The real problem was myself for not pressing the Action button to have her grab onto the ledges. Basically my timing stank, that's all. I'd curse myself out excessively, never her. :lol: :o :p

Don't get me wrong, I mean, in Legend and Anniversary I'm surprised she still has the amazing jumping ability (well, because she's agile and trained in gymnastics) and yet they still haven't provided her with infinite knee pads to prevent them from being busted and broken from all those years of jumping. But I guess if we had her wearing those, she'd look more like an amateur raider. ;)

LarasBFF
27th Jun 2007, 12:38
:lmao: Its usually yelling at the tv... "Come on Lara, that is not the way I wanted you to go" or "Shoot the ......... or "Runnnnn d*mmit runnnnnnn!":lmao:

Capkeez
27th Jun 2007, 13:09
I say sorry to her whenever i *accidentally* make her die from a fall. Am i going crazy apologising to video game characters?

Joshorty
27th Jun 2007, 17:24
I say sorry to her whenever i *accidentally* make her die from a fall. Am i going crazy apologising to video game characters?
Wow:eek: that's one I never heard of before. Poor Lara, going through all the trouble to get what she wants and save the world in the end:D

Yeah we should all be sorry to her:o

dovbniak
28th Jun 2007, 06:46
Do I talk to Lara? Yep, bark orders at her all the time. Like all the women in my life (present one and past ones). She doesn't listen...:mad2:

CatSuit&Ponytail
28th Jun 2007, 09:38
Yes I say little phrases to her :p Obviously, they are all in a french accent :lol: Go Pierre!! :D

They are along the lines of: "Mademoiselle! My chocolate croissant could do better than you!!" or "Make this jump or I will slaughter you with my baguette!!" :lol:

:eek: .......... :lol: I LOVE that! hehehehe! :lmao:

NizCroft
28th Jun 2007, 14:06

lol, me too. "Oops... Sorry, Lara." is my one-liner

katT
1st Jul 2007, 03:28
of course. " what the heck were you thinking!?!?!?!?!? Grab that GD ledge! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DODGE THE STUPID DINOSAUR! GD LARA! Ya, there ya go, just fall. SEE IF I CARE. Hey Lara...please? Just once jump where i want you t- *splat* DANG YOU!!. *screams as wolf kills her.* see? i told you to shoot with the shotgun. There. Swan dive. SWAN dive. JUST SWAN DIVE!!!! NO NOT A GD CANNONBALL!!!!! God i hate you. *she does somthing right* i lOVE YOU LARA!!!!!!"

tomb-raider-2
1st Jul 2007, 04:13
ive talked to her in every game of hers haha. Its so weird lol i was just playing anniversary just then and i was yelling at her and calling her names hehe

tombraiderxlegend
1st Jul 2007, 17:27
I always just tell her to go die.:lol:

TR4ever
1st Jul 2007, 23:25
I often say: " WTF, what is your problem?? I didn´t tell you to jump that way, you really want to commit suicide!!!!":lol: :lol:

TR4ever
1st Jul 2007, 23:27
"Good girl" or " Nicely done girl" when she got it right

Tomraider
2nd Jul 2007, 00:39
yes!! Im guilty!!I admit it! i do talk to lara to!....pretty much only when i get made....I said almost every word i could have exploded out of my mouth! Im sorry lara!:p

Keir
2nd Jul 2007, 10:08
Interesting thread here. I find that sometimes I get really chatty when playing TR. Usually saying things on the lines of

*splat* Ah... My bad!

What do YOU say to her? (Hopefully nothing bad... Or I'll be right round there to twist your ear!) Grrrrrr :nut:

Ahaha, good thread :D

ladylinnycroft
2nd Jul 2007, 10:19
i often swear at poor lara....you silly cow! or why did you do that are the mild ones......i know it's not really her fault,but i can't help myself

Amrai
2nd Jul 2007, 17:54
Mostly, "Come on lets do this."

*fails some task* "AGH!" "What the heck woman?" "Why won't you do this right?"

"Come on now."

*misses again* "Come on now Lara. Just make/do this (whatever) (go) right."

*Finally after some more tries*

"Good. Thank you! Finally!"

Things like that.

LegendLost
2nd Jul 2007, 18:28
Wow, last night, I was in the Bio-Dome level via AOD, and Lara wouldn't run fast enough and I kept shouting, and well. Yeah, thats my story. Not real entertaining, but it's all I have for now. :D

Joshorty
2nd Jul 2007, 19:26
LOL:D not to blame since it's AOD though I love the story. I've replayed the game so many times before.

And UGH even Anniversary has some annoying bugs like when Lara climps up a ladder (reaching to the top) and if you left go of manual grab, she simply falls down - like what the heck:scratch: ? It's annoying.

TR4ever
2nd Jul 2007, 21:38
I received my copy today and what i said to her so far was: " Lara your are more beautifull than ever" and also "good girl" when i finally made that jump on the 1º level to get the relic. ( it was atempt nº24).
By the way, controls are so amazing that it took me only 26 sec. to get used to all moves ( dodge is also easy to make), i´m also very pleased to see manual grab and walk reintroduced. Grafics.....no words to describe. Levels-a little bit linear but not linear in the overall, a nice effect i should say 9/10 for its design so far. Camera- the isues i had were quicly solved with a touch on right analog ( like in Legend), the camera doesn´t anoy at all, so in my opinion its not perfect but very good so 8.8/10.
Tomb Raider feel factor- this is something i created myself, 10/10 for anyversary, after all, its kind of remake of the 1º one but with new cool stuff, a reimagining.(Legend get 2/10 on this, old tomb but linear levelsthat ruin everything.
CD made a wonderfull job so far, can´t wait till i see a reimagining from TR2( please CD, make it for us)

TR4ever
2nd Jul 2007, 21:40
P.S-i´m on City of Vilcabamba, can´t stop looking around for every single detail

thecoolstinger
3rd Jul 2007, 23:01
unfortunately i swear at laura when i get frustrated with the game. lol

haha yeah there are those times when you say "good girl" too

wildcat
4th Jul 2007, 15:11
I got nothing but love for Lara...and I mean b**** in the most respectful way:D
Makes 2 of us, And it gets worse if she does something you didnt even request...:lol:

Lo
4th Jul 2007, 15:25
I usually say things like 'Oh dear, how clumsy of me' NOT :lol:

More like 'For pity's sake woman do what I tell you to do and quit with the dramatic death and the screaming hystrionics' :p

I have to turn off the speakers sometimes during a difficult challenge - her worst death sound has to be the exaggerated uhooooohhhher' :D It makes me really mad!! (Like when she gets squished by a boulder or falls dramtically into a spear pit) :rolleyes:

tntforbrain
5th Jul 2007, 13:53
"damn it.what the hell are you doing there you stupid rat?a perfect jumping as you suppose?or a dreadful fall?" this is my usual dialog with Lara when it comes to the hardest jumps,combats.but this's not all of it.There're more things involved in this dialog.for instance, at times I deal computer screen a blow because of this woman's clumsiness.but despite all of these I adore this girl

Lara-in-peace
5th Jul 2007, 16:37
Hey I talk to Lara too, specialy when I try something for many times and she keeps dying, I go like " Lara Please help me out here, we have ot work it out".

I adore this game and I have played all of the series exept for Angel of darkness, the CD was broken :( and I got too busy to replace it.

by the way can anyone tell me how I can upload a signatur??!!:scratch:

Phlip
5th Jul 2007, 16:38
Hey I talk to Lara too, specialy when I try something for many times and she keeps dying, I go like " Lara Please help me out here, we have ot work it out".

I adore this game and I have played all of the series exept for Angel of darkness, the CD was broken :( and I got too busy to replace it.

by the way can anyone tell me how I can upload a signatur??!!:scratch:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=66382

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Lara-in-peace
5th Jul 2007, 16:43
Thanx Philip,

I am amira, from United Arab Emirates - Dubai. and I am a big fan of Tomb Raider.
I just ended the Anniversary but not with all of the secrets reveiled.

Lara-in-peace
5th Jul 2007, 19:41
When can I uploead an image as my signature?

LisaFace
6th Jul 2007, 06:03
I love it when I try to use something on like a key hole or something and she would go "NO!" and I'd be like "Fine! :[[["

Shark_Blade
9th Jul 2007, 04:22
I don't talk to Lara. It's just when Lara died, I'd say...lol my fault:p and when I didn't do the grapple wall run properly, I ultimately blame myself and think..come on, I'm gonna master this move sooner or later and keep on trying till I get it.

tombraiderxlegend
9th Jul 2007, 07:19
I love it when I try to use something on like a key hole or something and she would go "NO!" and I'd be like "Fine! :[[["

Haha!
It kind of sounds like she says it with pride. Like she's standing with her hands to her hips, head held high. "No!" Then I could just imagine her saying. "Whatcha gonna do 'bout that?" :lol:

gbas
9th Jul 2007, 10:09
I talk to Lara all the time. But mostly when she dies. I blame Lara for "her" dumb mistake, heh. Something like: "You know I did in fact hit jump at the right time, you're the one that wanted to fall in the lava for a swim, not me!":rasp:

sophie22
9th Jul 2007, 11:17
i swear like mad, my boyfriend thinks im possessed, i get so frustrated, especially when i didnt press a direction and shes goes jumping off a ledge totally the wrong way...ohhhh and th ebackward grapples, my god if my mother could have heard me...

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 14:55
Awesome thread. Many a time in many a TR game I have called her a stupid bi*tch and the likes, and then when the game reloads, I go and kill her again, this time on purpose. Just to get back at her haha.

TombRaiderExtraordinaire
9th Jul 2007, 23:45
I must admit that :whistle: many times I have called her that rather nasty C word that women don't like at all. :eek:

NightRain'06
10th Jul 2007, 03:50
...... and then when the game reloads, I go and kill her again, this time on purpose. Just to get back at her haha.

I also have done that.

jason
10th Jul 2007, 03:58

*splat* Ah... My bad!

:D i often say the same things or another i ask her is "why wont she listen to me coz if she does then she wont die"

Squishy
10th Jul 2007, 04:27
oh my... it ranges from "YAY, we did it!!" to "OMG what did you go and to a silly thing like that for!?!?" then theres "OMG **** **** I don't believe you **** did that you **** **** ****!!!!!" :whistle: but thats after a thousand tims jumping the same thing over and over haha:rolleyes: :lol:

The_Hylden
10th Jul 2007, 10:41
Yes I talk to her. I won't say what I do say to her, as this forum is rated too low for that:p I am really attacking the programmers for putting in such stuff that makes for my dilemmas, but she bears by burden, poor girl. At least it's better than me saying the same to a real human being, which I probably/hopefully would never do, unless they truly did some awful stuff to me, or those I loved...

Yeah...:p

jazzyD
12th Jul 2007, 14:01
Well..... i swear loads **** and shout at her if she doesnt do anything rite like in greece were u run from the big ball she would'nt jump on the pole and after 10 times she did but she would'nt jump of it straight away and i just got so annoyed and i always do in games like that........sooo no wander why my controls are broke:mad2:

next thing my mum comes upstairs and tells me to stop swearing ooops!

:whistle: ****

tinknocker68
15th Jul 2007, 11:26
I wouldn't call it talking to her, it's more of a heavy cussing type action!:D

RickOConnell
17th Jul 2007, 14:41

*splat* Ah... My bad!

I often talk to Lara while playing. I usually cheer her on when she's taking on the bad guys, or deadly animals. I sometimes warn her of danger when she's about to do something deadly, hoping I don't get her killed. Kinda like Zip does in Legend.

"I only gamble with my life, not my money." :rolleyes:

BrogieBee
17th Jul 2007, 15:17
I Tend To Call Her A Bum For Her HalfHearted Moves And Tend To Scream Alot To :o

boots
17th Jul 2007, 21:31
I often talk to Lara while playing. I usually cheer her on when she's taking on the bad guys, or deadly animals. I sometimes warn her of danger when she's about to do something deadly, hoping I don't get her killed. Kinda like Zip does in Legend.

"I only gamble with my life, not my money." :rolleyes:

Hehehe, Rick, I like your username. ;) :thumbsup:

I haven't been talking to Lara much lately. I think I address the actual rooms more than her. ("This is a stupid design. Who came up with this!")

redfox45
18th Jul 2007, 17:14
The most frequent thing I say to her is

"SORT IT OUT BIT*H!" when the game does somthing it isnt supposed to and I pay the price.