PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Thoughts?

boots
25th Jun 2007, 17:59
I was just wondering how many people actually USE the in-game journal, either for hints or just out of curiosity. I like to take a peek every now and then but most of the time I just forget it's even there. :rolleyes: On my next play through I'll make sure to check it more often, I want to see what she says even if it's the bleeding obvious.

Has anyone found it useful? :scratch:

I just can't seem to put this game down... it's kind of annoying. I have other things I should be doing!

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 18:04
Actually Yes i do sometimes use the Journal also Either when Im stuck or when I think I missed somthing which is quite often, But half the time I also forget it is even there.:lol:. Ive probably only used it 4 times maybe.

Demarest
25th Jun 2007, 18:36
I used the Journal several times. Even the one time I didn't find it useful at all, just consulting it somehow gave me my second wind knowing there MUST be a way, so...

Strangely enough, the one time I needed it most was the time I forgot to consult it! (against the centaurs)

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 18:46
the what?:scratch:
...yeah that was useless:p

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 18:56
Hehehe, I last checked it by accident in Natla's mines. She said "The fuses are missing"

My, my, Lara... I don't know how I got this far without you!

But no, I used it 2, 3 times previously. She may as well have said "This place rocks" or "I *swear* my bum looks big in this" or "I forgot to set the VCR, I'm gonna miss Only Fools and Horses"

TouchOfPink
25th Jun 2007, 19:38
I was just wondering how many people actually USE the in-game journal, either for hints or just out of curiosity. I like to take a peek every now and then but most of the time I just forget it's even there. :rolleyes: On my next play through I'll make sure to check it more often, I want to see what she says even if it's the bleeding obvious.

Has anyone found it useful? :scratch:

I just can't seem to put this game down... it's kind of annoying. I have other things I should be doing!

You know what?! I agree with every single word you said...even the last sentence! :rolleyes:

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jun 2007, 20:12
The most useful one: "This T-rex appears to have big, big teeth"
Thanks Lara, appreciate the help.

You know what, I've been here all night. I'm going for a shower.

Holla!

Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2007, 20:24
The most useful one: "This T-rex appears to have big, big teeth"
Thanks Lara, appreciate the help.

Does she actually say that?! WOW! :lol:

I usually forget about the journal, but it's fun to check every now and then. Usually it's useless, but still kind of fun to glance at now and then.

I hope CD implements a similar technique in Legend 2. Instead of Zip and Alistair telling us what to do when we enter a puzzle room, the player should be required to ASK for their help through a menu screen.

25th Jun 2007, 20:49
I checked it once just to see how usless it was, and I was proved right. After fighting about 20 mummies and 10 centaurs, she checks her journal and all she says is "This place seems evil." Well duh.

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 21:22
For an archeologist we seem to notice this before she does. even though she is a game. but the journal can be funny to

Ricardo221
26th Jun 2007, 03:35
The journal helped in Egypt when faced with the hieroglyphic puzzles... a little bit. Other times, I just forgot she even had a journal and I never used it until I got stuck somewhere in Qualopec.

NightRain'06
26th Jun 2007, 03:47
When I discovered the Journal in her inventory, in some points of the game she does hint which made me feel like I was using a walkthrough. And before buying the game, I promised myself to try and complete the game without any form of hints or walkthroughs.

Now I have a bad habit of checking it anytime I seem stuck and I feel like I'm cheating myself. :(

RebeL_fARmeR
26th Jun 2007, 07:39
No no, she didn't ACTUALLY say that about the T-Rex... But it's the kind of useless journal thing she WOULD say though! :)

boots
26th Jun 2007, 07:52
I like her comments about "advanced civilizations". They'd have to be, to design some of the sadistic traps they do. At least she's aware enough of her surroundings to notice that!

I have to make sure to check the journal in more specific situations, I usually get the "might be wise to look around." one. Boo. :(

gyste4
26th Jun 2007, 09:45
whatever she says it's way too obvious but I have used it to make sure I'm not missing something or just to check.