PDA

View Full Version : Golden Bow Bug (B.S.)!!!

jaywag67
25th Jun 2007, 16:28
:mad2: What a bunch of craps!!!! I have to start the craft manor over from scratch cause i manual saved after i got the goldenbow ( in 1 slot only:mad2: ) then died in the pool!! Now the freaking bow is GONE! I've been a tombraider fan and game owner from the start. I have played and completed every game, but this one SUCKS when it comes to BAD BUGS. I mean come on did anyone test the game before it was released?:lmao: Or was it more important to cash in on a money making marketing ploy to all us tombraider fans? BAD CAMERA CONTROLS AND SOFTWARE GLITCHES WHAT A GAME!! Wish you would give me my money back!!**** This game could have been done better, with so much more! Research and Development!!! Remember it!

rwhitz
25th Jun 2007, 16:36
ive read a lot of posts about TR:A and havnt seen anyone else report this kind of problem. I myself am 81% complete without 1 single glitch. What are u playing on, pc, console or what? maybe problem isnt software?

Atheist
25th Jun 2007, 16:41
I've heard this problem from 2 people :scratch:
I hope I don't get it :(

scarecrowone
25th Jun 2007, 21:34
I just grabbed the bow and went into the tunnel for the silver elephant but due to poor swimming controls (or is it my clumsey fingers?) I died. When I respawned I didn't see the bow on the bottom of the pool anymore so I assumed I still had it. Also there was no silver elephant in the tunnel anymore so I assumed I still have that. After going through (why so many???) long hallways and doorways I reached the statue in the maze only to find I no longer have the golden bow. I still had the arrow from earlier and it went in it's spot with no problem but the Bow vanished into thin air. Is there a way to retrieve it without restarting Croft Manor again?:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

jaywag67
25th Jun 2007, 21:53
I read more posts on the main forum page and there are several others who have experienced this bug.....i am pissed off about restarting croft manner again. Especially since this TIME TRIAL crap, 13 minutes to do the manner is crazy!! The 7th artifact made me restart several times to get it!!:mad2: I want cheat codes like to original game....

jaywag67
25th Jun 2007, 21:59
ive read a lot of posts about TR:A and havnt seen anyone else report this kind of problem. I myself am 81% complete without 1 single glitch. What are u playing on, pc, console or what? maybe problem isnt software?
Check out the complaints on the main forum page "Croft Manor..Golden Bow"
it can happen under the right circumstances.....

jaywag67
25th Jun 2007, 22:01
:mad2:
I just grabbed the bow and went into the tunnel for the silver elephant but due to poor swimming controls (or is it my clumsey fingers?) I died. When I respawned I didn't see the bow on the bottom of the pool anymore so I assumed I still had it. Also there was no silver elephant in the tunnel anymore so I assumed I still have that. After going through (why so many???) long hallways and doorways I reached the statue in the maze only to find I no longer have the golden bow. I still had the arrow from earlier and it went in it's spot with no problem but the Bow vanished into thin air. Is there a way to retrieve it without restarting Croft Manor again?:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Nope!! Did the same thing...got to start the manor over!!! Bunch of crap huh?!?:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

jaywag67
25th Jun 2007, 22:02
I've heard this problem from 2 people :scratch:
I hope I don't get it :(

Don't manual save your progress!!!

scarecrowone
25th Jun 2007, 22:23
Don't manual save your progress!!!

I did not manually save any progress while in Croft manor but it did not make any difference, the Bow still disappeared. Why?:confused:

Demarest
26th Jun 2007, 02:33
This is a published issue with an equally documented workaround.

If you get the bow before filling the pool with water, it will NOT happen to you. If you fill the pool first, either save crashing the statue down for last or once you crash the statue down, don't die.

NaughtyGirl
26th Jun 2007, 07:00
yeah....don't die.

duh!

I bet you wish you'd thought of that one, scarecrowone:lol:

Lara_Lover32
26th Jun 2007, 09:19
Just Becuse Of One Glitch You Dont Haft To Hate The Game
*no Offence*
:d

aussie500
26th Jun 2007, 16:07
It happens at least on the PC version (yes l had to test the bug so many were getting it), no doubt Crystal Dynamics never thought anybody would be so bad at swimming they would drown her. :lol:

Only takes about 5 minutes to repeat it anyway, l hardly see how that is going to ruin someone's game.

l.a.r.a
11th Jul 2007, 00:32
it happened to me too ... on the PS2 and i didn't save manually ...

Only takes about 5 minutes to repeat it anyway, l hardly see how that is going to ruin someone's game.

5 minutes to redo the Manor ??

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 01:58
I play on the PS2 and I havent had one problem yet. Key word..."yet".

l.a.r.a
11th Jul 2007, 02:55
well, i just re-played the manor from the start ... i took the bow when the pool was empty so that solved it ... still found some weird stuff happening tho :

- 3 of the artifacts were missing in the game but they were counted in my inventory.
- a few medipacks that were present the first time i played, were also missing.

i don't know if it's supposed to work like that :)

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 04:48
I play on the PS2 and I havent had one problem yet. Key word..."yet".

That's because the circumstances leading up to it are very specific. To get this bug, you must fill the pool before dropping the statue in AND die AFTER dropping the statue in. If you do this, you will always get the bug. If you do NOT do this, you will NEVER get the bug.

well, i just re-played the manor from the start ... i took the bow when the pool was empty so that solved it ... still found some weird stuff happening tho :

- 3 of the artifacts were missing in the game but they were counted in my inventory.
- a few medipacks that were present the first time i played, were also missing.

i don't know if it's supposed to work like that :)

You're not using a transfered savegame, are you? Or a transfered profile?

l.a.r.a
11th Jul 2007, 17:20
You're not using a transfered savegame, are you? Or a transfered profile?

no, i haven't used any of those.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:56
Well did you mean to say three artifacts were missing and were NOT counted in your inventory? Because once you pick up ANY relic/artifact in ANY level, it will never appear again on that profile. Unless of course you mix and match, but you already said you didn't.

Croft Manor is the black sheep of the stages. Because you can enter it from the menu option AND from Replay Level. Do it from Replay Level and it will always start you off in a fresh Croft Manor (except the artifacts already collected as stated above) and end the moment you open the music room. The menu option however tracks your progress in the Croft Manor you enter from the menu option. So if you choose Play Croft Manor from the menu and halfway through, you exit out to play the game or whatever, the next time you choose Play Croft Manor, it will start you off at the last checkpoint you visited with the stage pretty much how you left it. Perhaps you've done this and that's why pickups that were there before are not now?

l.a.r.a
12th Jul 2007, 02:12
Well did you mean to say three artifacts were missing and were NOT counted in your inventory? Because once you pick up ANY relic/artifact in ANY level, it will never appear again on that profile. Unless of course you mix and match, but you already said you didn't.

no, the artifacts were counted in my inventory ... i didn't know it was supposed to work like that. thanks for the info.

DKJamie
13th Jul 2007, 09:17
:mad2: What a bunch of craps!!!! I have to start the craft manor over from scratch cause i manual saved after i got the goldenbow ( in 1 slot only:mad2: ) then died in the pool!! Now the freaking bow is GONE!

This happened to me as well, I had to start the croft manor all over again, and this was the last bit I did, which ment I had to do everything again, she is quite hard to control underwater, because i'm used to TR1-3 controls.

same as you, I hate the camera controls, this also links to the vanishing animals, I used to like looking down at the animals after I killed them, but now they just vanish! I'm glad they didn't make the T-Rex vanish!

just hope they do better in the Tomb Raider 2 remake (if they decide to remake it)