PDA

View Full Version : Cant reload new save

awsome50
25th Jun 2007, 13:28
:confused: Whenever I save a game, it states that game was saved susfully, but when I go and want to play the game frome that save spot, It starts me out to a previus spot.
Then even if I start with any previus saved name, it always starts me from the same spot. Even if I go apast where I saved from, and save the game to a new spot, it always starts me from the previus spot. Would be greatful for any help .

Xcom
25th Jun 2007, 13:52
The game only saves at last checkpoint position.

EJB
25th Jun 2007, 14:20
Forgive my stupidity....does this mean that I can't save a game then start from that point next time?
Presumably the 'save game' option doesn't work then?

Your wisdom Please:)

Xcom
25th Jun 2007, 14:31
Forgive my stupidity....does this mean that I can't save a game then start from that point next time?

You can. I meant the game doesn't save the EXACT position from which you're saving. It saves at the position of the last checkpoint you passed. So, basically, if you quit and re-load, you'll start at the last checkpoint (before you saved).

EJB
25th Jun 2007, 14:37
Thankyou Xcom:)

Not your problem of course...but why then have a manual 'save game'?

My wife is the 'Tomb Raider' and she always wonders why 'her' games are such a problem when all 'my' games (most FPS's) are never a problem:D

Edit...PS. I have just been prompted with the following scenario:-A Checkpoint is passed but a number of 'relics' were missed....how does one return to that area to collect them?......(Start the game again???)

Xcom
25th Jun 2007, 15:18
Not your problem of course...but why then have a manual 'save game'?

Well, it becomes useful if you want to, for example, replay certain spots... maybe a boss fight, or go after a relic/artifact which you maybe saw but decided to skip initially.

how does one return to that area to collect them?......(Start the game again???)

Play game ->Replay Level. I don't remember exactly, but you might need to complete entire area (like Peru) before Peru levels become available for replay. Also, the relics and artifacts sort of exist independently from other objects in the game world. That is, you can replay a level, get artifacts/relics and quit the level. The artifact will still register as collected.

EJB
25th Jun 2007, 15:25
Thanks again Xcom:)

Xcom
25th Jun 2007, 15:28
happy raiding :thumbsup: