PDA

View Full Version : 1st post (Introduction Thread)

chip5541
25th Jun 2007, 12:29
:rasp:

Sorry, I just had to do that.

Welcome to everyone that was selected.

Xcom
25th Jun 2007, 13:24
I claim the 2nd post (even though I don't belong here) :rasp:

Mike_B
25th Jun 2007, 15:54
Heh if this were a comment section of a game site or such it would be probably continue 'till 10 has passed.

And then they'd all be banned.

p.s. third

Shamrock
26th Jun 2007, 11:24
I'm 4th.

I'm almost excited as this puppy to be here.:D
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x271/shamrock6699/doghump.gif

Lexxy
26th Jun 2007, 12:32
Afternoon, Hey everyone.

I look forward to some positive brainstorming results here, I really like to think our combined ideas could influence the next battlestations game.

I think it's important at this stage to probably introduce ourselves (I think if we know each other we can get some good solid work done) - So, on that note, my name is Alex, and I'm a twenty year old software engineering student from Kingston Upon Hull, UK. Aside from university, I design, develop and deploy "indie" software products ranging from 2D games to bespoke business products for commercial partners. In my spare time I play a lot of computer games on the PC platform. My favourite genres are FPS, Strategy "Sim" and racing. Battlestations Midway quickly became one of my favourite titles for reasons which I will elaborate on in the future.

I hope to offer and share my technically orientated ideas and comments whilst here, as well my input as a gamer.

If you want to get in touch with me, PM, or:

MSN Instant Messenger: poetry_through_coding@hotmail.com
Facebook.com: http://www.facebook.com/p/Alexander_Ali/857820312

Cheers,

-Lexxy.

-=)CSF(=-Akagi
26th Jun 2007, 13:39
hello all!

im proud to be involved here!
at the moment i dont know how many CSF ppl are involved in this action here or maybe im the 1 and only :scratch: :rasp: .
whatever........... all ppl of my clan will work together to make an cool new game!
to my person........im 39 and im in online gaming since 8 years now ,i lead 3 clans in different games and was member in 10 worldwide.
whatever comes the -=)CSF(=- stay in BSM1 and they stick together in BSM2 as clan and we will involve all our ideas here!

It3llig3nc3
26th Jun 2007, 14:13
I'm from Toronto, Canada - but was born and raised in Hungary.
My name is Istvan (=Steve in English if you like).
I'm 34, working as a project director at a retail company. I had software development as a "hobby" and I was involved in many software related projects in the past so I can appreciate and understand the complexity of developing games.
My main focus on playing games as a hobby is FPS and strategy - mostly RTS.
BS:M was a title I was looking for for a long time. WWII ships and the Pacific theater in the style the game promised was a huge hit for me.
I'm also a fan of WWII history so that's why it's close to my heart.

One more point for introduction: I'm playing on PC and I haven't touched an XboX 360 in my life :D (but I have Wii)

As I said I strongly believe that this game/idea has a huge chance to become a big hit title if some loose ends are tied up correctly in the next version.

Let's make it happen.

Scipio65
26th Jun 2007, 15:00
This looks like it is becoming an introductions thread. :)

I am 42, live in Texas now, but have lived all over. Have been playing, testing and tweaking wargames all of my adult life (marraiges permitting), going back to the early Avalon Hill type board wargames in the 70s and 80s. Spent a lot of time in Baltimore with the players that did testing for all those early board games. Learned a whole lot from those guys. Back then we had to live with physically present players and cardboard counters. We thought it was a treat to go to a wargaming convention and play against strangers on someone else's miniature battlefield setup. We thought we were even more special when we could start using BBS bulletin boards to do some online interactive play. Also did play testing and historical writing for a mid 90's computer software wargame company on their battleground series. I do information management and project management now for a small company.

mortalstakes
26th Jun 2007, 15:46
Hey Scipio!

I'm 28, I live in WI. I'm in automotive retail. Military History is one of my passions (though its really just an extension of my love for reading in general).

BSM has been my favorite game since release. The online play is the most fun I've had on xbox live. I'm looking forward to brainstorming with you guys and participating in this endeavor to improve upon this already excellent title.

Kai Robin
26th Jun 2007, 21:16
Hello?

I think I turned a wrong corner and can't find my way back! Please, help me! What? You mean I'm supposed to be here? Blazing Topic Starter Extraordinair? Well then lets get this rolling?

mortalstakes
26th Jun 2007, 22:39
It looks like 2 of my clanmates were accepted, Sith Darthfoxx and Dremora Warlord. We are The Hard Calibers on gamebattles. They're having trouble getting into the forum but so did I at first.

Saki1211
27th Jun 2007, 12:34
Sup guys,

My name is Josh and I'm 26 years old. I'm a Senior Network Engineer for a huge financial instution in Georgia. I'm a member of the Vae Victus clan. We play on the xbox 360. I've been playing online games since I was 12. I spent most of my earlier years playing Everquest. I played/tested that game for about 5 years. Then I moved on to Starcraft and to be honest I still play with that from time to time. I moved on to WoW a few years back and beta tested that game as well. Then I got my 360 and forgot about evercrack and wow and found my new home. BSM quickly became one of my all time favorite games. The strategy involved with this game play's alot to my time I spent playing Starcraft. Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to discussing everything we all are looking forward to in the future with the new BSM.

sblendo
27th Jun 2007, 13:36
My Name is Adam and I'm addicted to Battlestations: Midway. Sorry thats for another forum.

I'm glad to be part of this "geek summit" as my wife lovingly calls it.
I'm 33 and an Art Director for board game company that is a licensee of Hasbro. For about 4 years I've been putting new twists on familiar games and developing new ones (through testing and focus groups such as this).

Being on a Mac, computer gaming is near non existent for me (though I am at times jelous of you PC guys for gaming reasons). Have been a member of Xbox Live since day 1 and since BS:M came out my Friends list has easily quadrupled. The game I play is fun first, no cheating and act like your teamates and opponents are in the same room. BS:M has been the game that has easily attracted the most like minded gamers, and therefore been the most fun I've had in the online arena.

So...lets get to work.

Dremora Warlord
27th Jun 2007, 14:26
Well, the names Brian, and I think that Battlestations Midway is a great game.

I love history and such, and have a particular interest in the world war II era. I can't wait to work with you guys to see how the next game will be. I was talking with mortal last night, and it sound like we are all going to be helping put together a great game.

:thumbsup:

chip5541
27th Jun 2007, 14:39
I guess it is time for me to formally introduce myself. My name is Charles (Chip for 36 years but was in for a surprise) but just call me Chip. I am a night auditor , which is funny because my highest math grade was a C-, for a resort in Orlando Florida. I recently turned 41 :eek: and have been involved in video games/arcade games in 1 respect or another since the early 80's. I use to be able to tell you every arcade game made but that was a long time ago. I have owned pretty much and still have many consoles and computers. The Commodore Amiga is still my all time favorite system ever followed closely by the Commodore 64.

I am a father of 4 boys and have been married almost 22 years. :whistle: .. I think :nut:

As far as Battlestations: Midway, I have been following this game since it started at Mithis and they released a tech trailer and i have been patiently waiting ever since.

Keir
27th Jun 2007, 14:55
We've got such a great spread of people helping out :D

I'm Keir, 29, I've been working at Eidos for about 7 years in QA, Customer Service and latterly Community Management. I now look after communities for all of Eidos' titles (but Battlestations is my favourite one, but shhh).

Thanks to everyone for participating in this :thumbsup:

Cpt.sharp
27th Jun 2007, 17:51
Hi guys,

My name is Jon from Essex England. I have been working for the railway for about 5 years now. Naval history is my main intrest and i am honoured to be here with you guys to help with the next great game Battlestations.

Sith Darthfoxx
27th Jun 2007, 20:20
Hi Guys, I'm Dave, 37, from Nova Scotia, Canada. I ran a Law Firm for 12 years before two bad disks put me on disability for the past 3 years. At which time I discovered XboxLive. I've been gaming from Pong, Intellivision, Atari, C64 right up to the Xbox360. I'm a History Buff (especially WWII). I've completed the single player on Veteran at least 12 times now, achieved the primary, secondary and hidden objectives on every mission/challenge (on Veteran), played over 500 online games and have the No.2 Ranked Clan on Gamebattles (undefeated at that). With my Clanmates: Mortalstakes, Dremora Warlord, Sblendo and Friends: Scipio, Saki, We work hard on the XboxLive BSM Forum to help others and influence mature gaming on the 360.

Looking foward to keeping this a fantastic Action RTS.

Dogmeatz
28th Jun 2007, 04:52
Just glad to see im not the only naval sim junky out there hehe.

I thought good Naval warfare games had gone the way of the dodo before BSM came out !

Yay for Edios Hungary :D

Shamrock
29th Jun 2007, 11:18
You know I never really posted any info about myself earlier other than the funny dog humping gif:rasp:

Little about me

My name is Dan and I'm 27 and live in Chicago, IL. For five years I've worked with troubled teens in a group home setting. Currently I'm working overnights. I have a lot of free time at work since the kids are sleeping and I just relax and browse around on different message boards, play video games, watch movies so I don't get board at work. Nice to get paid for that isn't it.:D