PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary of the Scion question

Ricardo221
25th Jun 2007, 02:36
Why is there a rolling metal ball and a box at the underwater part of this level? The rolling ball did nothing, and the box just gets pushed into the water, but I could never do anything else with them.

It there a way to drain 100% of the water and use the box/ball for something else? I even watched a relic/artifact video and they never used the rolling ball either.

Did I miss something?

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 02:43
:nut: the ball was for killing rats

Mertz523
25th Jun 2007, 02:51
Why is there a rolling metal ball and a box at the underwater part of this level? The rolling ball did nothing, and the box just gets pushed into the water, but I could never do anything else with them.

It there a way to drain 100% of the water and use the box/ball for something else? I even watched a relic/artifact video and they never used the rolling ball either.

Did I miss something?

If you are referring to the box on the Horus statue, that serves a purpose...

I'll only spoil it if you request me to.

Demarest
25th Jun 2007, 03:30

Did I miss something?

Just this topic (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69864&highlight=ball) ;)

The ball was the ONLY thing in the game that I left behind because I couldn't figure out and didn't directly lead to an artifact or relic. Since the game is almost completely linear with offshoots ending up only in secrets or artifacts/relics, it makes you wonder what they had in mind for this ball to start with.

Ricardo221
25th Jun 2007, 03:51
Just this topic (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69864&highlight=ball) ;)

Yeah, I tried a search first, but I thought the ball was metal. Oops. I should have known there were no solid metal balls cast in ancient Egypt circa 3000 B.C.

As for the box, I only saw it get moved out of the way in order to find a relic, but again I never saw the box get climbed on the way it would out of water. Please feel free to PM me if there is another use for the box.

:-) Thanks

Demarest
25th Jun 2007, 04:15
Relic is the only use I know of. In fact, my first time through the game, this was the one relic I missed. Despite seeing the ball, the box, the ankh, etc :whistle: