PDA

View Full Version : Croft Manor

Aaron2112
24th Jun 2007, 17:34
What would you like to see in the next croft manor.

I personally would like to see a bigger home like 2 or 3 stories and a kitchen and a bigger bedroom maybe a bathroom with showers and a swimming pool inside and outside near the garden and be able to access the roof maybe a better gym with like a basketball court what other things would you guys like to see in croft manor.

Atheist
24th Jun 2007, 17:59
I want to see some more homely rooms. Like a kitchen, or a bathroom.
I know, I know - "Tomb Raider is not the sims!"
But what is wrong with a simple, slighty interactive kitchen or bathroom?

TR3 had both!

The kitchen can have a few openable cuboards (like in AOD) where Lara's gear or things as part of the puzzle, treasure hunt or whatever you have to do in Croft Manor are hidden.

The bathroom can have a bath! Not a bath tub, but a roman bath. TR2 had a 'bath', which was really a small sqaure pool of water. Mabye we can have interactive taps and fill it up?

Werner Von Croy
24th Jun 2007, 18:01
The Quad bike course, the assault course area and perhaps a look at one of her other properties as well, don't know maybe you've got to solve a puzzle to get the key or something like that?

Atheist
24th Jun 2007, 18:02
Yes, the assault course and race track should be brought back, if that's possible.

Aaron2112
24th Jun 2007, 18:20
all of that stuff would be so cool i would like her to be able to walk over to the couches near the fire place and sit down read a book enjoy the fire and things like that as well.

Tiri Li
24th Jun 2007, 18:43
I agree, the Quad bike course needs to come back again. Or maybe a motorbike course, so we can get practise for some motorbike chases? (hint hint)

I would also like another diving board, one that we dont have to do loads of acrobatics to get to. Like in TR3 (I think.)

LegendLost
24th Jun 2007, 18:59
-Everything already there
-Kitchen
-Bath
-Butlers room
-Outdoor jungle gym
-Outdoor pool
-Quad/bike course
-Day/night setting
-Freezer to lock in Winston
-Winston that follows you
-Front of house

-- A LEVEL WHERE THE HOUSE IS INVADED LIKE IN TOMB RAIDER II--

LaraCroftLuver
24th Jun 2007, 19:27
What would you like to see in the next croft manor.

I personally would like to see a bigger home like 2 or 3 stories and a kitchen and a bigger bedroom maybe a bathroom with showers and a swimming pool inside and outside near the garden and be able to access the roof maybe a better gym with like a basketball court what other things would you guys like to see in croft manor.

All that and a bike track

Tomb Radar
24th Jun 2007, 19:54
Shooting Range (with all weapons available)
Assault Course
Lake (for Canoe, Dinghy, etc)
Quad Bike Course
Large Indoor Gym (with help for EVERY move)
Character Editting Mode (to Edit Clothes, Hair, Skin etc)
Numerous puzzles, with prizes at end of each. Collecting every prize would unlock a new puzzle with something "special" at the end.

Atheist
24th Jun 2007, 20:16
-Day/night setting

Yes to Day/Night setting! I thought we had this in Anniversary, but no such luck...:(

No to TR3 winston. The winston follwing you around was extremly annoying. Most people can make a laugh and joke about it, but it was annoying, and we don't want that back.

Demarest
24th Jun 2007, 20:57
Whatever they make it to be. TRA had the Manor that offered the most fun AND the most challenge. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

NaughtyGirl
24th Jun 2007, 21:17
I thought Legend and and TR2 had the best manors

I liked when they had the extra ending when she had to fight in her manor...that would be cool to do again

Mertz523
24th Jun 2007, 22:15
All of these are great ideas. Except we can leave the Winston following around and locking him in the freezer bit out because that was fun in the originals, but the joke would be overused and get old fast if included in future releases.

I want a full-on training course that allows use of all of the weapons and maybe to practice combat styles on a fully padded Alistair or Zip, or something along those lines.

Tomb Radar
24th Jun 2007, 22:29
I want a full-on training course that allows use of all of the weapons and maybe to practice combat styles on a fully padded Alistair or Zip, or something along those lines.

Shooting Alistair with a Rocket Launcher! I'd like that. :D

qwerty
24th Jun 2007, 23:02
I would like to see everything that was in TR3, because that was the most comlexed mansion,and it was a lot of fun too!:D

Bampire
24th Jun 2007, 23:28
I'd like to see the front yard! I'd love for it to have the look of TR3, where you can walk out, instead of going to the front door. =/ I want to explore more! I miss the classic look of her Home.

boffin486
25th Jun 2007, 09:36
Hello all, is it possible to interact with Winston in the Manor in TRA? He appears here and there but doesn't do anything other than stand still? Maybe he speaks at some point? Anyone know? :confused:

Angela Orosco
25th Jun 2007, 14:01
I've been horribly disappointed in the job Crystal has done with her mansion. They just dont grasp the concept of the croft estate as a whole. Not only is there an attic and basement that should be implemented, but an entire outside of the house. I dont want to have to wait till Tomb Raider 11 to have access to Lara's property again.
:mad2:

Lycantendencies
25th Jun 2007, 14:24
I'd like to see an entirely new Croft Manor.

If I'm not mistaken, she said she had more than one, so I'd like to see others, be it PS style or something completely new.

Atheist
25th Jun 2007, 14:30
All of these are great ideas. Except we can leave the Winston following around and locking him in the freezer bit out because that was fun in the originals, but the joke would be overused and get old fast if included in future releases.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Atheist
25th Jun 2007, 14:31
Hello all, is it possible to interact with Winston in the Manor in TRA? He appears here and there but doesn't do anything other than stand still? Maybe he speaks at some point? Anyone know? :confused:

I've heard he does'nt walk around, but still moves from room to room. So he could be in the music room one second, and the bedroom the next.

Lectrician
25th Jun 2007, 15:27
More outfits available immediately for use in Croft Manor....ok I want a swimsuit so I can practice diving in the pool.

Even though I have croft manor done, I still play around in there because all the climbing and diving is just plane fun to do.

I also would really like that shooting range.

25th Jun 2007, 17:15
I want to be able to go all round the outside of the manor, and not just to the maze section.

Lara Cruz
25th Jun 2007, 17:28
I want the mansion. It was just perfect and I dont see any reason why to change something perfect.

wildcat
25th Jun 2007, 17:37
I expected more from TRA's manor because it is fun and all but why not bigger? Its alot like TRL's manor but I would really like it to be more Challenging and Even BIGGER...:)

What do you think?:scratch:

party_animal
25th Jun 2007, 18:11
That would be awesome to see
- shootin range
- race course for the quad bike
- more outfits and other interactive rooms like bathrooms
- a kitchen with interactive stuff like you could throw knives at someting
- a level where people invade her house and you got to fight back
- a garage with motorcycles and cars you can drive outside
- better gym and swimming pool
- more secret passage ways
- an outside where you can interact with maybe a memorial to her mom and dad

that would be cool if you could like leave the grounds and go into the city or a town or something like that

Tiri Li
25th Jun 2007, 18:29

Please,no! I HATED having to lock him in the freezer every time I wanted to train. Amusing at first, but then it was just annoying.

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 18:34
Yes, the assault course and race track should be brought back, if that's possible.

yes both should be back i miss them much

-Everything already there
-Freezer to lock in Winston
-Front of house
-- A LEVEL WHERE THE HOUSE IS INVADED LIKE IN TOMB RAIDER II--

Yes i said ^^ I also would like those back too, i was young when all this came out and to have the good tomb raider memories back just lights up my eyes.

boots
25th Jun 2007, 18:43
Winston should be more useful, like in TRIII I think it was, for target practice. More of that!

Or else other places to lock him in. :rasp:

I second more passageways, attic and basement. A shooting range to practice the adrenaline dodge would have been so useful.

Numerous puzzles, with prizes at end of each. Collecting every prize would unlock a new puzzle with something "special" at the end.

And this! I love poking around the manor, one puzzle just doesn't cut it for me. :(

ElevenTR
25th Jun 2007, 19:27
I remember long ago when we were posting ideas for anniversary, i said "its tomb raider, not the sims!" BUT I TAKE THAT BACK PLEASE EIDOS PPPLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE :mad2: :lol:

Raziel_Requiem
27th Jun 2007, 14:13
I would really like the mansion to be more accessible overall.

Perhaps as an optional tutorial-section where you can learn/get used to various moves, along with testing out vehicles (รก la quad race course), YES, more 'homely' rooms.

But then, with more advanced skills and thinking etc, some moresecret or seemingly unreachable areas can be gotten to for rewards etc.

HFiredreamer
29th Jun 2007, 03:39
Has anyone ever seen the blueprints to Croft Manor online or in a magazine?
I would like to make a detailed model of it that includes the outside areas.
If the blueprints have been published, and you know where, please post it here. I'm thankful for any help.
I think the layout has changed in newer games such as in TRL The earlier layout would work best for me.:)

Alexlovesguns
30th Jun 2007, 00:50
I'd like to have the old home, with red bricks and open layout.
I'd like to have the front yard with the horse statue too.
I'd like to select wich music to listen to while wondering around.
Day setting, maybe a dynamic transition.

Less doors... and outside assault course definetly.

Many things are hw limited in these games, if it was exclusive to latest gen consoles and PC CD would be able to do more and better so we have to understand that they face limitations.. and deadlines.

I dont like the new "home" that much, it feels like some cold medieval church.
I dont like Winston either, he isnt usefull, interactive or even funny any more.

With Legend many things were inspired by the movies wich was (imo) a terrible mistake. Unfortunetly these things will carry over in future games for consistency sakes and the manor happens to be one of them.

They diverted somewhat with anniversary since it was inspired by the original game and the result is amazing but i dont know what to expect for the future... i like anniversary but tbh i dont look forward to a legend sequel.

Im going a little off topic now...

Capkeez
30th Jun 2007, 01:02
Why not... have a level to take place IN croft manor. some bad guys broke into the manor to steal some stuff, then we have to navigate throughout the house, using all the secret passages we found in previous TR games to get to the next section.

I like the new manor. it's sufficiently mysterious. But i think a day/night transition would not be feasible. this is not S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The most they could do is to add weather effects.

I think that Lara would try to get through a certain place and find the item she's looking for as soon as possible. Would you stay in a tomb overnight?

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 01:13
Yes to Day/Night setting! I thought we had this in Anniversary, but no such luck...:(

No to TR3 winston. The winston follwing you around was extremly annoying. Most people can make a laugh and joke about it, but it was annoying, and we don't want that back.

Instead of winston that follows what if you pulled a lever or hit a Button and he would start to follow you Or you could turn it on/off in the options

Hippie
30th Jun 2007, 03:33
More outfits available immediately for use in Croft Manor....ok I want a swimsuit so I can practice diving in the pool.

Even though I have croft manor done, I still play around in there because all the climbing and diving is just plane fun to do.

I also would really like that shooting range.

The pool in the pool house isn't ready yet in Anniversary. Ah, but remember the bikinis in Legend...yes.....aaahhh...oh, where was I? Oh, yeh.

I like the new mansion, but I would like more as well. Oh, maybe a robot wouldv'e be nice to practice the Adrenaline Dodge, like Angelina had in the first TR movie. Or the running and flipping act to get into the Relic Room.

I wouldn't wanna lock this Winston in the freezer, either...but Alister...

Towel
30th Jun 2007, 04:14
I wouldn't wanna lock this Winston in the freezer, either...but Alister...

Alister hmmmm........hmmmm.:scratch:... Ohh yea :whistle: maybe i would like to try that a few times or maybe zip.:scratch: maybe Both? hmm. I like both

Alexlovesguns
30th Jun 2007, 05:03
Lara should have a small graveyard in the back garden, where zip and alistair could be burried, personally i would never go there but it would give me great satisfaction to know that these two would never bother me again :D .

As for the manor, rebuilding the old one and getting rid of the monastery, CD should have kept the old layout in the first place, its my least favorite level in the whole game, so far.. and the "puzzle" wasnt so great either.

digifan
30th Jun 2007, 13:14
In the movies we know Croft Manor is huge. Lara said the estate had over 80 rooms. This should of been integrated into the game instead of the basic eight rooms carried over from Legend with a very small outdoor addition from Anniversary. IMO I want to see more of the estate borrow heavily from the movies. For example we know Lara has a combat training room and observatory. We also saw her using a microwave and a parking garage that will make even Bruce Wayne ambious. A fully functional shower room would be nice but we should skip the wardrobe room. This game, after all, is a teen rated game.

Oh well.

Maybe in the next TR game?

katT
1st Jul 2007, 03:24
Make it a Sims: Lara Croft version. She could makeout with the butler. And have wild parties. and a BIG SCREEN TV. :rasp: just kidding. Maybe a little more interactive, and bigger. Maybe have it like..you could live in there? or somthing...>.<

ElevenTR
1st Jul 2007, 16:32
In the movies we know Croft Manor is huge. Lara said the estate had over 80 rooms. This should of been integrated into the game instead of the basic eight rooms carried over from Legend with a very small outdoor addition from Anniversary. IMO I want to see more of the estate borrow heavily from the movies. For example we know Lara has a combat training room and observatory. We also saw her using a microwave and a parking garage that will make even Bruce Wayne ambious. A fully functional shower room would be nice but we should skip the wardrobe room. This game, after all, is a teen rated game.

Oh well.

Maybe in the next TR game?

No, keep the wardrobe - we can soon make it an 18 rated game... actually it would be a better game if it was an 18!:rolleyes:

ElevenTR
1st Jul 2007, 16:33
Make it a Sims: Lara Croft version. She could makeout with the butler. And have wild parties. and a BIG SCREEN TV. :rasp: just kidding. Maybe a little more interactive, and bigger. Maybe have it like..you could live in there? or somthing...>.<

Make an entire game devoted to the mansion!!!!!:D

Blind Intentions
2nd Jul 2007, 07:54
So, so many improvements to be made. Surprisingly what really annoyed me was the ridicules length of the hallways connecting from the hall to the other rooms

boots
2nd Jul 2007, 08:36
So, so many improvements to be made. Surprisingly what really annoyed me was the ridicules length of the hallways connecting from the hall to the other rooms

Yeah, what are those there for? :scratch: And only one room in each? That's not very space efficient.

For that matter... I'm not actually sure her house as it is in TRA fits inside itself. Am I nuts or is it way too large inside to be what it is outside?

Hey, that would be an interesting adventure. Lara Croft and the House of Leaves. :D (brownie points if anyone gets the reference...)