PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty settings...

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jun 2007, 14:14
If you up the difficulty do you get more enemies, or just tougher ones?
I'm playing on medium and I just find there really isn't enough stuff to shoot.

I want to kill

KILL

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:D

Werner Von Croy
24th Jun 2007, 14:19
If you up the difficulty do you get more enemies, or just tougher ones?
I'm playing on medium and I just find there really isn't enough stuff to shoot.

I want to kill

KILL

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:D

No but they are much harder to kill, also if they hit you you lose a lot of health especially in Hard Mode, same as well if you fall from high up it takes tons of health from you as well

Demarest
24th Jun 2007, 14:57
Last topic on the subject. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69802) I think Lunideth covers it well.

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jun 2007, 17:58
Am I multi-posting?

Apologies. :)

Tomb Radar
24th Jun 2007, 20:00
All the way through the game, I felt that the shooting was spoiling it. I liked the T-Rex and Centaur battles, but the minor enemies removed some of the adventurerness (is that a word?) from the game. I'd much rather have no guns so have to use my wits, the environment and Lara's ever flexible body to avoid them.

tiger
24th Jun 2007, 22:23
All the way through the game, I felt that the shooting was spoiling it. I liked the T-Rex and Centaur battles, but the minor enemies removed some of the adventurerness (is that a word?) from the game. I'd much rather have no guns so have to use my wits, the environment and Lara's ever flexible body to avoid them.

Yes, it is kind of like those immortality and infinite ammo cheats.
(So where's any sort of VR feel or reasonable fun "game challenge", after those cheats?) :(

And TRA, with its "rage attack" and "adrenaline dodge" counter-attack, has been nicely designed, by CD, to avoid all of those "mega-gun scenarios", that are easily found in a lot of other 3d-shooter games. :thumbsup:

(And now, I have special places for these new TRA "challenges".) :cool:
One is for grappling and wall-runs in the Croft Mansion's Gym.
And a few save-games for learning that "adrenaline dodge", in-game.

... Jim ...

Bampire
24th Jun 2007, 23:26
I want to kill too. ;; Like God of war! (Still need to get GoW2. ;; Has beaten the game in three days)