PDA

View Full Version : Completion Glitch

Relic Hunter
24th Jun 2007, 03:11
It was a complete fluke how I managed to find this glitch. Basically you can complete a level in less than 20 seconds if done correctly. Very handy for time trials.
Here’s how to do it…
When you replay a level, at the start if you go back, you get an option to exit the level. You have to predict when that message will come up when doing this. The trick is to press down, and then up, to make Lara skid. You need to skid back in the direction you were facing on the trigger mark of the exit level. This is really tricky to pull off. The Lost Valley is the best level to try this on. This glitch doesn’t work on Mountain Caves, St. Francis Folly, Temple of Khamoon & Natla's Mines. They don't have the end level option at the start of them.

Demarest
24th Jun 2007, 03:18
So you go back and skid... then what? Finish the story! :p

Also, if you have to beat the level first, the info isn't as useful, eh?

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by press up then down to skid :scratch:

Relic Hunter
24th Jun 2007, 03:29
It would be useful for time trails like I said.
It's hard to explain, and quite tricky to pull off. You know when you’re moving forward, then you press back quickly, Lara skids back doesn't she? Well, you have to move towards where the exit level option comes up. You have to skid away from it, exactly on it. If the option to end level comes up you haven’t done it right. I don't know how to explain it in any more detail. It works though.

Demarest
24th Jun 2007, 03:33
If the option to end level comes up you haven’t done it right. I don't know how to explain it in any more detail.

Not looking for more detail. You said if the option to end level comes up, you haven't done it right. So what happens next if you have done it right? Just looking for the rest of your story.

Relic Hunter
24th Jun 2007, 03:34
The statistics which come up when you complete a level should come up instead.

Shrensh
24th Jun 2007, 07:11
Hey, I actually got it to work :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/shrensh/TR%20Anniversary/lostvalleytimetrial.jpg

Weird glitch :D

Demarest
24th Jun 2007, 07:30
The statistics which come up when you complete a level should come up instead.

Woah! That's an excellent discovery then!

@Shrensh: Thanks for the pic :)

AlanMcCormack99
12th Jul 2007, 11:37
thats sweet is that for the ps2 version ?