PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bacon Lara

Nikko
23rd Jun 2007, 15:06
I have got a question.
Why does the Doppelganger share many similarities with Lara?
Thanks, by the way.

Phlip
23rd Jun 2007, 15:10
That's just one of those questions that mankind cannot answer.

Tomb Radar
23rd Jun 2007, 15:10
I think its meant to be a clone of Lara. That'll be why it looks like her and copies her movements. :)

Demarest
23rd Jun 2007, 16:31
I don't follow the question, but Lara and the doppleganger have character profiles you can unlock.

NizCroft
23rd Jun 2007, 22:33
Because Toby Gard has a sick mind ;)

Capkeez
24th Jun 2007, 04:22
some sort of ancient atlantean defence mechanism? spawns a fleshy scary thing to scare intruders away.

Tiri Li
24th Jun 2007, 05:49
I think it's supposed to be some sort of trap for Lara, devised by Natla. The idea was Lara is supposed to shot at the doppelganger, which then shoots back, killing her.

Bampire
24th Jun 2007, 06:00
I think it's supposed to be some sort of trap for Lara, devised by Natla. The idea was Lara is supposed to shot at the doppelganger, which then shoots back, killing her.

and Tiri wins the award!

ElevenTR
24th Jun 2007, 09:52
It is Lara. but with no skin. i bet thats whats underneath the original laras skin, if you scan it!

Capkeez
24th Jun 2007, 10:13
atlantis ran out of material to make skin due to the trade embargo as Weapons of Mass Destruction were found within a hidden volcano facility. They consisted mostly of an army of flying skinless monkeys, skinless wolves and a skinless fat guy with no legs.

NizCroft
24th Jun 2007, 12:06
Toby says in the commentaries that it's Natla's attempt to make the ultimate enemy for Lara, and the reason why it has no skin is because none of the other monsters in Atlantis have any.

Atheist
24th Jun 2007, 13:12
A doppleganger is a clone, or a double. Doppleganger Lara is a mutant clone of Lara who copies her every move.

Natla tried to make an enemy to fool Lara - a doppleganger. The trick was Lara would shoot at it and kill herself. But Lara is'nt fooled that easily. ;)

It has no skin because the new breeds Natla were making wer'nt fully finshed. So all the mutants as they were correctly named including Doppleganger were all jush flesh and bone and brain.

Capkeez
24th Jun 2007, 14:11
mm. interesting. i never thought of that. i thought they were "finished" already cos they appeared like that on earlier levels without skin. i wonder what they look like with skin? less scary i suppose.

shremedy
25th Jun 2007, 02:45
Maybe it IS Lara -- from a Silent-Hill-esque alternate dimension? All kinds of skinless horrors there, as I recall :lmao:

NaughtyGirl
25th Jun 2007, 02:50
mmmmm....bacon! :D well Lara sure fried her right up, didn't she?

what's interesting to me is....why does there just happen to be a lid over a lava pit in this twinly room?