PDA

View Full Version : Hello

One Lara
23rd Jun 2007, 14:28
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I would like to thank both Eidos and Crystal Dynamics for the wonderful Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary and keep up the excellent work. The sequel of Legend will definitely be a success, considering they can produce games like this.

So, thanks again.

Phlip
23rd Jun 2007, 15:13
Welcpme to the forums.

Capkeez
23rd Jun 2007, 15:14
Welcome! I hope you have fun.

Werner Von Croy
23rd Jun 2007, 15:14
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I would like to thank both Eidos and Crystal Dynamics for the wonderful Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary and keep up the excellent work. The sequel of Legend will definitely be a success, considering they can produce games like this.

So, thanks again.

Hey there welcome and have a great time :D

RuumTaedor
23rd Jun 2007, 16:50
Hi One Lara, and welcome to the Eidos forums.

J_B_G_
23rd Jun 2007, 17:00
Hey there One Lara welcome to the fun.:)

DayLightX
23rd Jun 2007, 23:26
Howdy and welcome :D

qwerty
23rd Jun 2007, 23:39
Welcome to the forums one Lara!:D

Raziel_Requiem
24th Jun 2007, 12:24
*waves*

aussie500
24th Jun 2007, 12:33
Welcome to the forum One Lara :)

Atheist
24th Jun 2007, 14:31
Welcome!! :D

One Lara
24th Jun 2007, 15:27
Thanks.

I would like to ask if there is a Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion/Discussion thread or anything related to the 8 Tomb Raider game.

P D
26th Jun 2007, 12:28
Hello

I'm new to the forum too

I would like to reply by saying that, although the graphics are very good, and some of the tasks are very enjoyable - occaissionally up to the PS1 standards, the 'boss' levels are absolutely horrible.

They are shoddy in the following ways: -

- Lazy design mechanisms with only the 'correct' combos to achieve a kill
- No scope for utilising previous methods (e.g. the luring techniques to kill the T Rex doesn't work for the Centaurs) or surrounding (very poor) scenery to hide/target/climb etc.
- Lots of glitches with the 'Boss' suddenly frozen but immune to interaction (such as grapple etc.) other than shooting
- Far too complicated - taking all the fun away from the whole game
- No tutorial on how to master the all-important - but hugely over-rated 'adrenalin dodge'. This could have been built into either the initial level or the Manor
- cut scenes are pointless and are just silly with the 'press whatever button is specified' to get either progress to the next 'button' for the next cut scene

All these are evidence of a rushed job where the inferior 'boss' designers - who are clearly the runts of the gaming design industry - compared to the guys who created the main gaming elements

The enormously annoying part is that to get to the proper gaming elements - you are subjected to a glitch-ridden, impossible combo formulaic and stultifyingly repetitive boss level that has far too many frustrating stages

I would give anything for a cheat - to get past the Boss levels

qwerty
26th Jun 2007, 12:42

So, thanks again.

Hello Welcome To The Forums one Lara :)

qwerty
26th Jun 2007, 12:43
[QUOTE=P D;667332]Hello

I'm new to the forum too

I would like to reply by saying that, although the graphics are very good, and some of the tasks are very enjoyable - occaissionally up to the PS1 standards, the 'boss' levels are absolutely horrible.

They are shoddy in the following ways: -

- Lazy design mechanisms with only the 'correct' combos to achieve a kill
- No scope for utilising previous methods (e.g. the luring techniques to kill the T Rex doesn't work for the Centaurs) or surrounding (very poor) scenery to hide/target/climb etc.
- Lots of glitches with the 'Boss' suddenly frozen but immune to interaction (such as grapple etc.) other than shooting
- Far too complicated - taking all the fun away from the whole game
- No tutorial on how to master the all-important - but hugely over-rated 'adrenalin dodge'. This could have been built into either the initial level or the Manor
- cut scenes are pointless and are just silly with the 'press whatever button is specified' to get either progress to the next 'button' for the next cut scene

All these are evidence of a rushed job where the inferior 'boss' designers - who are clearly the runts of the gaming design industry - compared to the guys who created the main gaming elements

The enormously annoying part is that to get to the proper gaming elements - you are subjected to a glitch-ridden, impossible combo formulaic and stultifyingly repetitive boss level that has far too many frustrating stages

I would give anything for a cheat - to get past the Boss levels[/QUO/]

Welcome:D