PDA

View Full Version : new clothings?

mertini baby
22nd Jun 2007, 21:09
sind in tomb raider anniversry new clothings?
or only that standard clothing
whit that light blue top and brown panths

can i have a answer on my question?

Lectrician
22nd Jun 2007, 21:15
I'm assuming you can unlock clothing as you go. There is a closet in the mansion where you can change outfits....mine is full of question marks as I have only toyed around and haven't beaten any levels yet. (got the game last night and didn't have much time to play)

Tomb Radar
22nd Jun 2007, 22:30
You unlock a new outfit for each Relic you get and an extra one when you collect all Relics. :)

Demarest
22nd Jun 2007, 23:09
You unlock a new outfit for each Relic you get and an extra one when you collect all Relics. :)

I'm not so sure. The reason I say that is because my first time through the game, I went into the final stage with seven relics and six outfits. When I beat that stage (and the game), I had seven relics and eight outfits. Then when I got the last relic, I got the last outfit.

I wish we had a way to look into the game's coding so that we could know for sure which rewards are for what.

Xcom
23rd Jun 2007, 01:14
I wish we had a way to look into the game's coding so that we could know for sure which rewards are for what.

I believe somebody here has already posted which relic unlocks which outfit (I'm too lazy to search for the thread :p ). I don't think the outfits are unlocked randomly, but you never know...

Demarest
23rd Jun 2007, 02:16
Well I'm a coder by nature, so I'd like access to the game's instructions for other reasons too ;) I'm used to GTA, where the code is a separate file that we know how to break open, change, etc. It also helps when fielding such questions because there's no question as to which person's right and such.

Tomb Radar
23rd Jun 2007, 09:20
I'm not so sure. The reason I say that is because my first time through the game, I went into the final stage with seven relics and six outfits. When I beat that stage (and the game), I had seven relics and eight outfits. Then when I got the last relic, I got the last outfit.

Are you sure thats the right way round (7 relics, 6 outfits)? When you get your first relic, you have 2 outfits. 4th relic leaves you with 5 outfits. 7 relics should leave you with 8 outfits, then picking up the last relic gives you the outfit for that relic, and the outfit for collecting all relics.

I've also been checking my new outfits after every relic, and theres always been a new one. :confused:

Demarest
23rd Jun 2007, 09:42
Numbers I'm not sure about. I sort of figured them out by taking what I remember and working backwards. I know that after I beat the game, I was missing one outfit and missing one relic. Beating the game gave me two outfits because before I played Final Conflict, I was missing three. The last stage as you'll recall, doesn't have a relic.

If you know for sure that's how it is, then don't let me steer you wrong. I'm human; I could be wrong. The only reason I don't think I am is because the outfits was the one thing I was hoping to unlock from square one. So I kept a pretty close eye on those throughout the game.

But I've run through the game again for time trials and once more to make my save set. And I'm already back up to Tomb of Qualopec again :lol: So it's possible my recollection is a blur from the haze that has been non stop TRA for nearly two weeks now.

Tomb Radar
23rd Jun 2007, 10:41
Numbers I'm not sure about. I sort of figured them out by taking what I remember and working backwards. I know that after I beat the game, I was missing one outfit and missing one relic. Beating the game gave me two outfits because before I played Final Conflict, I was missing three. The last stage as you'll recall, doesn't have a relic.

If you know for sure that's how it is, then don't let me steer you wrong. I'm human; I could be wrong. The only reason I don't think I am is because the outfits was the one thing I was hoping to unlock from square one. So I kept a pretty close eye on those throughout the game.

But I've run through the game again for time trials and once more to make my save set. And I'm already back up to Tomb of Qualopec again :lol: So it's possible my recollection is a blur from the haze that has been non stop TRA for nearly two weeks now.

Don't worry about it mate. As long as you get all the outfits eventually theres no problem. :)

Demarest
3rd Jul 2007, 00:55
@Radar: I figured it out. I'm playing through the game on a fresh profile. I just completed Natla's Mines, with every relic and artifact collected in each level so far. Passing this level however unlocked nothing. So I think my original observation was accurate as this would be the reason my number of Outfits was number of relics minus one.

Bahamut78
3rd Jul 2007, 15:14
That's strange. When I finished Natla's Mines with the relic, the neopren suit was unlocked for me. It seemed weird to me, as a guide I checked said the outfit related to that relic is the doppleganger. However, when checked my outfit list, the doppleganger outfit didn't appear; instead, the new outfit which appeared was the neopren one. :confused:

Lectrician
3rd Jul 2007, 15:20
oh who cares....they didn't put the bikini in this game anyway.

lol...j/k

Tomb Radar
3rd Jul 2007, 15:27
@Radar: I figured it out. I'm playing through the game on a fresh profile. I just completed Natla's Mines, with every relic and artifact collected in each level so far. Passing this level however unlocked nothing. So I think my original observation was accurate as this would be the reason my number of Outfits was number of relics minus one.

Hmmmm. I got the Doppelganger costume from Natla's Mines. I remember it because I saw the costume before I encountered the Doppelganger in the game and thought it strange, seeing as it was a spoiler of sorts.

Maybe its the difficulty you're playing on. There must be something that changes the rewards. :scratch:

Demarest
3rd Jul 2007, 17:15
That's strange. When I finished Natla's Mines with the relic, the neopren suit was unlocked for me. It seemed weird to me, as a guide I checked said the outfit related to that relic is the doppleganger. However, when checked my outfit list, the doppleganger outfit didn't appear; instead, the new outfit which appeared was the neopren one. :confused:
I was going to guess that maybe you had missed an earlier relic, but Radar's post makes me think otherwise.

Maybe its the difficulty you're playing on. There must be something that changes the rewards. :scratch:
I don't think so. Going from memory alone (and therefore possibly wrong), I got the exact same Outfit count both of the times in question. First time was on Easy. This time on hard. I really wish the game's coding was at least readable if not modable so we could see for sure what unlocks what.

Tell you what. Now that I have TRAFly, I can whiz through the whole game in just over an hour. Maybe one day soon, I'll sit down and try and figure all this out. I'll be sure to share my findings when I do :)

Tomb Radar
3rd Jul 2007, 17:22
I don't think so. Going from memory alone (and therefore possibly wrong), I got the exact same Outfit count both of the times in question. First time was on Easy. This time on hard. I really wish the game's coding was at least readable if not modable so we could see for sure what unlocks what.

Tell you what. Now that I have TRAFly, I can whiz through the whole game in just over an hour. Maybe one day soon, I'll sit down and try and figure all this out. I'll be sure to share my findings when I do :)

Ok. Thanks. :) I'd really like to find out what exactly is happening with your game. No rush though. :thumbsup:

Demarest
5th Jul 2007, 15:39
@Radar: Clearly I was mistaken. I sat down and spent a good five or six hours swapping profiles, using TRAFly, etc to identify exactly what rewards were linked to what. You can find the results of all my testing here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488). You were definitely right about the one outfit per relic, with the last outfit being a result of all relics.

Tomb Radar
5th Jul 2007, 15:44
@Radar: Clearly I was mistaken. I sat down and spent a good five or six hours swapping profiles, using TRAFly, etc to identify exactly what rewards were linked to what. You can find the results of all my testing here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70488). You were definitely right about the one outfit per relic, with the last outfit being a result of all relics.

I had a good look through your findings earlier. Great work mate. I know it will be very much appreciated, not just by me but by plenty of other people. :) :thumbsup:

Its also good to know I'm not going mental. :nut: