PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Controller In A PC?

Polo Muncher
22nd Jun 2007, 19:13
Am going to buy TRA for PC cos of the graphics. I was originally gonna buy it for PS2 but fell in love with the graphics for PC demo. The only thing I'm iffy about is controls. I was alrite usin the keyboard for the demo but want a gamepad for the whole game. Has anyone tried their PS3 controller in a PC yet. I cnt seem to get it workin for the demo.:scratch:

I kno theres an adapter for a PS2 controller to buy to make it a gamepad for PC. But if this is possible then why not a PS3 controller.

Hippie
22nd Jun 2007, 21:55
I think it's because the controllers for a PS3 transmit radio signals wirelessly, and the USB wire is used to pair up the controller with the game console and to charge the battery in the controller, and doesn't work as an actual connection to the console, or a PC.

Polo Muncher
22nd Jun 2007, 22:16
I think it's because the controllers for a PS3 transmit radio signals wirelessly, and the USB wire is used to pair up the controller with the game console and to charge the battery in the controller, and doesn't work as an actual connection to the console, or a PC.

The controller still works while its charging in the console tho. Im startin to wonder if it'll work in the PC once the battery charge is complete as my controller isnt fully charged.

Hippie
22nd Jun 2007, 23:06
The controller still works while its charging in the console tho. Im startin to wonder if it'll work in the PC once the battery charge is complete as my controller isnt fully charged.

Yeh, but I think it's still only sending the radio signal, and not commands through the wire. Since you can have 7 controllers connected to the game and there are only 4 USB ports, and each one has to have it's own programmed number, that has to be the only way it operates. And also, the controller will only work with the PS3 console if you press the "PS" button on the center of the controller, even if the wire is connected. It just leads me to believe the controller only works with the console.